Mullen fired at Florida

Mullen probably threw a tantrum and they didn’t have time to rebuild the set

I posted his “exit letter” yesterday. You could clearly tell it was written in a hurry and seemed like he didn’t care about his recent accomplishments or players just the title years.

Makes you wonder if he thought it would be easier than he thought and they’d pick up where Meyer left off

Reactions: volnut1
That same administration hired the guy that just got canned for getting out coaches by Shane Beamer and Eli Drinkowitz. If their administration is so committed to winning, why haven’t they been winning championships?
Do you ever get tired of embarrassing yourself? Florida has won a whole lot more ships than UT in the last 30 years.
Florida Gators football - Wikipedia

They have an administration committed to winning...that won't happen.
I actually agree that they are committed to winning and up until White (jury still out) UT's commitment was at least questionable.

However that does not mean that their AD is being run well right now. In fact, it appears that it isn't. Foley made an uncharacteristically bad hire with Muschamp. McElwain was another bad hire.

The interesting part is that much like UT... UF appears to be in a cycle of failure with coaches. Meyer's "flake out" and claims of health issues shook them. They hired Muschamp who had mixed results but ultimately had a couple of bad years (maybe set up by Meyer's poor recruiting)... and they canned him. Rightly or wrongly, he would not have been fired by UT with those results. They hired and fired McElwain... just a flaky guy. They should have seen that he didn't have the charisma to succeed in the SEC.

Then they hired Mullen who is a good coach. He's a certifiable flake... but he has a track record and can coach. Why replace McElwain who was weird with Mullen who is weirder? But they did and now have cut him off really for having one bad season.

The fact that flaky guys have failed really 3 times in a row at UF now makes me wonder how wise it would be to hire an egomaniac like Kiffin.

There's a pattern developing that points to leadership above the HC. I hope they continue this trend of hiring failures. IMHO, anyone who takes the job will want security in the contract and will coach with one eye looking over his shoulder.

Mullen is a very good coach.

He won 10 games in each of his first two seasons at Florida and went 8-2 against 2020's all-sec schedule. Had Bama on the ropes in the SECCG and this year was a missed XP away from taking Bama into overtime. I don't know why the wheels fell off after the LSU game, but I'd be shocked if Mullen doesn't end up with a good job and do well wherever he lands.
I can't stand Mullen, he has always aggravated the hell out of me for some reason.

But I could see him doing well at like VaTech. Somewhere that isn't going to have the expectations of a Florida, LSU, USC, or Washington.

Dooley was an all time bad coach. He was 4-19 in conference play. I will listen to arguments that Pruitt did more damage than Dooley but Pruitt and Butch were far better coaches to Dooley and their records prove it.
Dooley won the press conferences though. He was hilarious.

Reactions: jackaro
Do you ever get tired of embarrassing yourself? Florida has won a whole lot more ships than UT in the last 30 years.

Lol. They haven’t won any championships since 2008. I never said they haven’t won more than us. You made the idiotic claim that their administration cares about winning. Yet every coach since Meyer hasn’t won jack squat of significance.

Keep on embarrassing yourself though.

That doesn't even make sense..
Sure it does. Were you satisfied with the sub par play calling against Florida? I wasn't, and I got blessed out for making it known I wasn't satisfied. Depth, new coach, lack of talent I heard it all, when Florida is a walking s___t show. We should have won that game.

Reactions: FlVols
I don’t consider the fact we can’t beat UF as sad. I am just used to it. I have tried and tried to figure out why we continually lose to UF. It seems whomever is the head coach for us and them doesn’t change anything.
It’s the Spurrier curse…

Sure it does. Were you satisfied with the sub par play calling against Florida? I wasn't, and I got blessed out for making it known I wasn't satisfied. Depth, new coach, lack of talent I heard it all, when Florida is a walking s___t show. We should have won that game.
🙄

Florida will hire Freeze. Much akin to Spurrier who wanted nothing more than to be at Tennessee. It’s the most Tennessee thing that could happen.

[QUOTE="willinhf, post: 20552667, member: 18239"]Lane Kiffin will be their hire.

For our sake, I hope not..........[/QUOTE]
Kiffin barely beat Heupel with the help of the refs and pulling out every advantage he could. Once Heupel gets better talent, he’s going to be a lot to handle.

Kiffin will be the next hire. the gators fired Mullen now instead of after the season so they could beat Miami to the punch.
While I don’t disagree with you on the timing aspect, my first instincts would be that Florida would never consider Kiffin. They consider themselves an elite blue blood, and he is considered gutter trash by that category. I base this theory on one of my previous posts, noting that several dozen job openings came up between the time he was fired on the tarmac to the Ole Miss hire, and he was never given a sniff. But I also said most recently that Florida could panic in haste. So we’ll see how weak they get.

If by a whole lot, you mean 2:1, then yes. But let’s not get crazy. They have beaten us more than enough to be embarrassing, but as a 30 year historical measurement, we are not completely off the radar. I refuse to concede to them historically program for program.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If by a whole lot, you mean 2:1, then yes. But let’s not get crazy. They have beaten us more than enough to be embarrassing, but as a 30 year historical measurement, we are not completely off the radar. I refuse to concede to them historically program for program.
Then you are just stubborn

UF wasn’t a walking crap show when we played them earlier this season.

VN Store

Back