Mullen fired at Florida

I don't think anyon is even going to think of Heupel until he actually has success in the conference.

It's one thing to hire someone from outside the conference, who you think will be successful, and another thing to hire an existing SEC coach who only had a single season to go on.
He will have to win the East beat Georgie Bama before anybody considers him

When are fans like you going to learn. It doesn’t matter what coach we have or what coach UF has. They own us completely when it comes to football. Next year will be no different. There will be some fans that say oh UF has a new coach with a new system. We have Heupel and our offense is clicking, UF is down and we can get them. Then when we play they will beat us by 21+.
Awwww! Come on! I think we’re going to be just fine. I know that they have our number, but I think it will change. It’s our turn to get that streak going. I have good feeling that it’s about to turn over.

Interesting
Maybe, and I don't have any inside info on this, but Florida's current AD was at MSU when Freeze was going thru Ho's at Ole Miss and saw him twisting in the wind. Also saw him pile up recruiting violations by the score and I don't get the feeling he will want to chase Freeze. Now, the boosters may force him to, but his heart will not be in it.

What's amusing to me is trashy Lane Kiffin being talked about as a replacement for Mullen. You can bet the farm he'd visit UF of asked.

Matt Corral's elegibility has expired I believe so.

Kiffin has repeatedly demonstrated he'd leave you in a second of something more interesting came along.

I don’t know about that. I mean Kiffin has always left for an upgrade. UF would be an upgrade over OM. Don’t see how you could trash Kiffin for taking a better job.

Maybe, and I don't have any inside info on this, but Florida's current AD was at MSU when Freeze was going thru Ho's at Ole Miss and saw him twisting in the wind. Also saw him pile up recruiting violations by the score and I don't get the feeling he will want to chase Freeze. Now, the boosters may force him to, but his heart will not be in it.

Nah, their AD guy isn't particularly bright and certainly won't go after Freeze or Kiffy.

After this Uncle Eddie fail, he doesn't have enough self-confidence to roll the dice on a young guy.

I see him hiring Gus onto the bus. Or, some other warmed over tart.

Despite being a big fan of Heupel from the start, I think this assessment is correct. You compare his track record to Pittman, who I don’t think would be a big draw for outside offers from other Power 5 programs (even if he was willing to move).

Pittman (over two years): 2-0 versus Leach, 1-1 versus Kiffen (lost by 1 at Ole Miss this year), victories this year at LSU and versus Texas A&M (at a neutral site).

Heupel (over 4 years): Won at UK. Three years at UCF, he was 0-3 against Top 20 teams.

FWIW I think Heupel will win more games than Pittman over the next 4-5 years. But the resume doesn‘t reflect that yet.

It will be interesting to compare their records in 3 years. Pittman is doing a great job and lost some tough fought games. Could easily be sitting at 9-2 right now if a few things went their way.

Would the Gators consider hiring Deion Sanders? He would definitely bring in some talent, name sake alone.

Oh man it’s time for Vol fans to start freaking out. I am sure the “I am scared about who they are gonna hire” BS is gonna start. It doesn’t matter who UF hires.
Exactly…butter teeth and that idiot Muschamp owned us… it truly doesn’t matter who they plug in to that role.

Heupel to UF. Kiffin comes home

Mullen couldn’t recruit. If they replace with him a coach who also has question marks about recruiting (granted he may be great at it, we just haven’t seen it yet), they’d be insane

Lane Kiffin will be their hire.

Florida’s next coach? Fans weigh in on the Gators next head coach

Let me say first that I am glad that we have the hype, but what many may have missed during our coaching search was that if we hired Kiffin, we wouldn't have to play against him at a program like Alabama, LSU or Florida. I think we are going to pay a big price for not hiring him. I hope Heupel proves me wrong and starts recruiting like gangbusters, but I will be a little surprised if he can keep up with a Kiffin at Florida, in the long run.

VN Store

Back