Muffin Man Appreciation Thread!!!

If Zander doesn’t get drafted, any chance he would return in 2025 for a Graduate year? I think he has an extra year of COVID eligibility? I guess same question for Cal Stark as well?
The plan is to extend baseball as far as it will take him and delay real life. He does not have a covid year.

I find it extremely appropriate that it was none other than the Z-man who pitches us to a share of the SEC championship!!! Today, he goes 6 innings with 4 Ks, giving up only 4 hits and 0 runs, in a game in which we did not have our greatest offensive production. Zander stuck with us when he had other opportunities. He dutifully accepted pitching of the midweek games over an extended stretch, which is a key assignment that doesn’t receive much fanfare. He has entertained us both off the field with his mischief with Kirby and on the field with his “routines” (definitely not superstitions).

Against all odds, this team has become a juggernaut in recent years. We have had/will have a number of 1st round draft picks. While not all players will be taken that high, players like the muffin man are vital for their on-field contributions, but much more than that. Thanks to Zander for all his contributions!

@greasemachine

I like strawberry and oat bran muffins.

Reactions: greasemachine
One of the hardest hit balls I’ve ever seen hit a pitcher. I’ve never witnessed LNS so quiet. It was scary to witness Zander being down seemingly motionless and hurt. When he got up, LNS exploded. He’s one of the gutsiest players and that’s one of the most awesome performances I’ve seen in a long time! Z is a gamer and it was such a pleasure to witness his greatness!

One of the hardest hit balls I’ve ever seen hit a pitcher. I’ve never witnessed LNS so quiet. It was scary to witness Zander being down seemingly motionless and hurt. When he got up, LNS exploded. He’s one of the gutsiest players and that’s one of the most awesome performances I’ve seen in a long time! Z is a gamer and it was such a pleasure to witness his greatness!
Well said. Great performance and incredible toughness. He’s really become an asset for this team. Now if we can just get him a cap that fits…
😉

I find it extremely appropriate that it was none other than the Z-man who pitches us to a share of the SEC championship!!! Today, he goes 6 innings with 4 Ks, giving up only 4 hits and 0 runs, in a game in which we did not have our greatest offensive production. Zander stuck with us when he had other opportunities. He dutifully accepted pitching of the midweek games over an extended stretch, which is a key assignment that doesn’t receive much fanfare. He has entertained us both off the field with his mischief with Kirby and on the field with his “routines” (definitely not superstitions).

Against all odds, this team has become a juggernaut in recent years. We have had/will have a number of 1st round draft picks. While not all players will be taken that high, players like the muffin man are vital for their on-field contributions, but much more than that. Thanks to Zander for all his contributions!

@greasemachine

Nailed it

From CTV's post game interview: "Whatever happened there with Zander seemed to kind of flip the script a little bit. Everybody decided if this guy’s going to get hit with a line missile and stay out here and compete and also be willing to kind of have that Zander smile like he always does, then we should probably relax a little bit, but also compete the way that he is. Again, I think it flipped a little bit."

"He’s a hockey fan, and I don’t know if I should do this anymore, but we mess around at practice and I use the fungo bat as a hockey stick and he’s the goalie. I actually hit him on the knee, and he had a knee save the other day. Maybe we should not do that anymore. He’s a tough kid in his own way. He’s the definition of a quirky lefty, a lovable kid and a great teammate. Somehow, it’s kind of odd how he gets out there and is as much of a competitor as Hunter Ensley and Cal Stark. It’s been fun to be around him, and it’s been really cool to see him evolve as a pitcher in each year that he’s here. That’s why I think our guys have faith in him. You can tell our fans take to him like they do to Charlie (Taylor) as well, and he’s earned that. He’s certainly competitive."

From CTV's post game interview: "Whatever happened there with Zander seemed to kind of flip the script a little bit. Everybody decided if this guy’s going to get hit with a line missile and stay out here and compete and also be willing to kind of have that Zander smile like he always does, then we should probably relax a little bit, but also compete the way that he is. Again, I think it flipped a little bit."

"He’s a hockey fan, and I don’t know if I should do this anymore, but we mess around at practice and I use the fungo bat as a hockey stick and he’s the goalie. I actually hit him on the knee, and he had a knee save the other day. Maybe we should not do that anymore. He’s a tough kid in his own way. He’s the definition of a quirky lefty, a lovable kid and a great teammate. Somehow, it’s kind of odd how he gets out there and is as much of a competitor as Hunter Ensley and Cal Stark. It’s been fun to be around him, and it’s been really cool to see him evolve as a pitcher in each year that he’s here. That’s why I think our guys have faith in him. You can tell our fans take to him like they do to Charlie (Taylor) as well, and he’s earned that. He’s certainly competitive."

I think this is a really astute observation by CTV. Many top athletes have incredibly serious and meticulous personalities. However, those types of guys may be more likely to get anxious in the big moment. Guys like Z are every bit as competitive, but keep things in perspective and realize that they’re playing a game and keep it fun. The coaching equivalent would be DVH’s (stern coach) hogs seemingly always choking while CTV keeps things loose (apparently by doing things like playing fungo hockey 🤣).

Awww, thank you for the very kinds words. It was an emotional rollercoaster! Crying when that happened, then excitement and happiness with crying ⚾🍊🧡

VN Store

Back