'20 MS OT Dylan Spencer

Pretty sure that gets pointed out every day in here. And nobody is saying they want a team full of 2 stars. Only that the very few we actually target may in fact be underrated and hopefully we can trust the coaches to evaluate better than the sites.

But I don't want to impede anyone from trying to win the Hyper Bole on this board.

Emmanuel Moseley was a 2 star (initially). He worked out pretty well and plays on Sunday.

Might as well take a shot... I mean our Oline depth is not great. Very talented but not a lot of depth. Cole Cublic was even saying that's his only concern with our Oline.

Might as well take a shot... I mean our Oline depth is not great. Very talented but not a lot of depth. Cole Cublic was even saying that's his only concern with our Oline.
That's a remarkable criticism considering guys like Calvert, J Johnson, Locklear, and Carvin will behind four 5* guys and a 4* guy... without counting the 2020 signees. They'll have about 13 or 14 scholarship OL's without this kid... not sure how many more scholarships you can devote to OL.

LSUs national championship offensive starting lineup

QB - 4 star
RB - 3 star
WR1 - 2 star
WR2 - 4 star
Slot - 5 star
TE - 3 star
LT - 4 star
LG - 3 star
C - 3 star
RG - 3 star
RT - 4 star

This offense was considered the best ever by many.. but yeah you need nothing but 5 stars to win a championship lol

QB - 4 star
RB - 3 star
WR1 - 2 star
WR2 - 4 star
Slot - 5 star
TE - 3 star
LT - 4 star
LG - 3 star
C - 3 star
RG - 3 star
RT - 4 star

This offense was considered the best ever by many.. but yeah you need nothing but 5 stars to win a championship lol
Shhh. The recruiting sites are infallible.

Been a lot of low ranked guys grabbed who are then bumped to higher ratings. Happens all the time. Dude might be a 3 star after they evaluate his senior tape. Who knows? But I’m not going to act like because Rivals rated him a 2 star that means he sucks and will never be good. That’s ludicrous.
I think we’re gonna be great friends. Hahaha

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

QB - 4 star
RB - 3 star
WR1 - 2 star
WR2 - 4 star
Slot - 5 star
TE - 3 star
LT - 4 star
LG - 3 star
C - 3 star
RG - 3 star
RT - 4 star

This post :
C7905CBB-2A86-4F7F-9811-338772612EC0.jpeg

I think we’re gonna be great friends. Hahaha
giphy.gif

Reactions: GojiraVol17
View attachment 254696
Recruiting rankings matter. It's top 10 classes or you're not going to be elite.

Any more questions?
Actually, Oklahoma and Clemson show that’s not necessarily the case (both outside Top 10) but overall you’re point is correct. The real outlier is Wisconsin.

I bet I know which dot is our BTW, and it’s not flattering.

Whether it’s this guy or someone else we could use a OT that is willing to take time to develop behind our current group. Lots of OGs need some OTs

Actually, Oklahoma and Clemson show that’s not necessarily the case (both outside Top 10) but overall you’re point is correct. The real outlier is Wisconsin.

I bet I know which dot is our BTW, and it’s not flattering.
Wins are also a large factor of the conference you play in, not just recruiting rankings.

Not necessarily disagreeing with your comment above... just pointing out that there are other considerations as to why some of those teams have averaged more wins than others.

Reactions: UTMVol76
Wins are also a large factor of the conference you play in, not just recruiting rankings.

Not necessarily disagreeing with your comment above... just pointing out that there are other considerations as to why some of those teams have averaged more wins than others.
Correct, Boise St for instance would have been a big time outlier on that scale from a few years back especially. The weakness of the ACC and the strength of the SEC also highlight that point in regards to Clemson and Georgia respectively. Lots of variables that have to be considered.

VN Store

Back