'20 MS OT Dylan Spencer

We haven’t offered. If we offer in visit then we like what we see. 2 stars means he hasn’t been evaluated. Which in this case makes sense considering he just now started playing OL this year. Leave it to Big “calling my own son is a bust at 2 weeks old” Gucci to bash a kid he and we know nothing about. Troll game getting old

Still some tweaks to factor into any probability analysis of a 2-Star making it to the NFL. A better way to look at it is what is the NFL rate of 2-Stars that come from Top-30 programs? Likely much higher than the overall 2-Star population.

Still some tweaks to factor into any probability analysis of a 2-Star making it to the NFL. A better way to look at it is what is the NFL rate of 2-Stars that come from Top-30 programs? Likely much higher than the overall 2-Star population.

Possibly. I think biggest one is why are they are a two star? Is it because they don’t camp or changed positions or new to football so they haven’t been evaluated? Do they play at a small school that college coaches don’t travel too because it usually doesn’t have prospects like with Kurott Garland? Is it because they have bad grades and nobody expects them to qualify and then they do like Justin Jefferson. That’s a much different explanation than maybe a two star on a loaded team with plenty of looks that has played a lot.

I think it’s smart to look deeper into spencer and work him out on campus like they willl. He fits the first part. Opened some eyes at the miss all star game.

We haven’t offered. If we offer in visit then we like what we see. 2 stars means he hasn’t been evaluated. Which in this case makes sense considering he just now started playing OL this year. Leave it to Big “calling my own son is a bust at 2 weeks old” Gucci to bash a kid he and we know nothing about. Troll game getting old
No troll just truth

Dylan Spencer, 2020 Defensive tackle - Rivals.com

Visiting 1/18/20.

Former teammate of Jimmy Holiday. Committed to Southern Miss. Recently picked up MSST and MIZZOU offers. Played well in the MS vs AL Allstar Game. First year playing OL.

I figure with the coaching changes made at both MS. ST. and Ole Miss, this guy and most any other worth while high schooler will be hard to pull out of state. (and likely Memphis area)

We need to add an OT to this class. The closest we have right now is Perry.

Now you've done it. You're gonna make some very insecure heads explode in here. There's no place, in this forum, for common sense. You need to get back in line immediately :cool::cool:
You have to stretch back 12 years to compile enough examples haha. Unless you guys are cool to give pruitt 12 more years to maybe hit on 2 stars..

I seem to remember a certain Paul Baine that was a walk-on that developed into a solid backup for us and eventually earned a scholly... I am always guilty of looking at the star ranking, but maybe this kid has shown the staff something to prove tremendous upside that they are willing to take a risk on him over some other 3* that are currently out there... He has the size, so maybe he is very coordinated and athletic and just needs technique...

Doug Matthews said a couple months ago that Offensive Lineman are by far the hardest players to evaluate and that he wasn’t any good at it. He said that the intangibles he would look at were things like playing other sports. He said he would look for quickness of feet as a Basketball player for example, or as a wrestler how was their form and technique vs other big guys.

Point being, if former coaches or current coaches find it difficult, how good is Mike Farrell? This is also not even taking into account the fact that if these young men don’t camp (or even go to the “right” camp) they won’t get the ranking that campers do. Sh!t system IMO

Reactions: Volbucky
There was a Chris Spencer from the same school that went to Ole Miss also an OL. Been probably 15 years ago, might be an uncle.

Dylan Spencer, 2020 Defensive tackle - Rivals.com

Visiting 1/18/20.

Former teammate of Jimmy Holiday. Committed to Southern Miss. Recently picked up MSST and MIZZOU offers. Played well in the MS vs AL Allstar Game. First year playing OL.

He could be a diamond in the rough but with Mays transfer, 3 other OL signees and 5* Broderick Jones flipping to Tennessee on NSD, we should be set for 2020 OL recruits.

He would be a great pickup for Mizzou. They only have 12 commits and #70 signing class...18 spots behind Vandy.

People always quick to point out the 2 stars who balled out but never point out that every team to win a national championship the last 20 years was comprised mostly of 4-5 stars....

People always quick to point out the 2 stars who balled out but never point out that every team to win a national championship the last 20 years was comprised mostly of 4-5 stars....
Pretty sure that gets pointed out every day in here. And nobody is saying they want a team full of 2 stars. Only that the very few we actually target may in fact be underrated and hopefully we can trust the coaches to evaluate better than the sites.

But I don't want to impede anyone from trying to win the Hyper Bole on this board.

If Jordan Burch wants to come here at this point then bring it on. At this stage in the game, the staff that can find and develop the Kurott Garlands of the world is winning.

Reactions: Pride85
I have faith in the coaches, but just being honest, I prefer bigger OL. 6'4 seems a little small for an OT to me.

I simply love how these threads bring out the same predictable whines responses from the same predictable posters.

Reactions: VOLUNTEERSZN

VN Store

Back