Movies you've seen recently II

I figured it might be decent, but it just couldn't keep me interested long enough to find out. I stopped watching about 17 minutes in.
My wife quit watching as well, I rented it off of Prime so I was going to get my $6 worth.
I was definitely not expecting the movie that I watched. I read the reviews and also about how Robert Eggers did not get the final say on editing the movie.

Reactions: Ttucke11 and Behr
The Northman- 2/5

The previews had me excited to watch it but the actual movie didn't really match the trailer. I thought it was going to be more like the "Vikings" show that was on the History Channel and it was not. It is however a good film if you're into pagans,witchcraft, and heathen rituals.

Last edited:
The Northman- 2/5

The previews had me excited to watch it but the actual movie didn't really match the trailer. I thought it was going to be more like the "Vikings" show that was on the History Channel and it was not. It is however a good film if you're into pagans,witchcraft, and heathen rituals.

I love anything witchcraft, pagan, or heathen ritual related and even I thought it wasn’t very good lol.. The trailers built my expectations for a completely different storyline maybe? Idk

Where The Crawdads Sing. 7.5/10.

Based on the romance/murder mystery book. I was surprised by how good it was. The fake southern accents in movies are always annoying but this movie was well done.

Reactions: MAD
First Man - 4/5

I really enjoyed it but from the period footage and things later in life I never got the sense that Neil Armstrong was that "mental" not sure how to put it.

The Gray Man 4/10. Weak plot line. Tons of action but doesn’t make sense. Beats 30 guys armed to the teeth then a random Indian guy shows up with only a knife and beats them both. Really made me appreciate the Bourne series

The Gray Man 4/10. Weak plot line. Tons of action but doesn’t make sense. Beats 30 guys armed to the teeth then a random Indian guy shows up with only a knife and beats them both. Really made me appreciate the Bourne series
The book 8/10. The movie 6/10. Left out a lot of information and story from the book.

Last edited:

For what my expectations were going in I liked it fine. (Of course Ana de Armas alone might have done that much) Much of the actions was silly if you were trying to be grounded in reality but anymore that's a high bar anyway for the majority of big action flicks.

Evans playing a nutcase was actually kind of fun.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM

VN Store

Back