Movies you've seen recently II

I just want Cage to do a Neil Breen movie. For those that don't know Breen, he is what everyone wishes Tommy Wiseau was, the greatest film genius of all time. Fateful Findings and Double Down, are God **** masterpieces

Reactions: bigdaddy
Roadrunner, the Anthony Bourdain documentary 8/10 A fascinating portrait of a very interesting, engaging man who had a lot of demons that took over in the end. Very well done and the "fake" AU Bourdain narration did not bother me. Not really a feel good kinda movie but you know how it ends.

Yeah he's had some good movies the last few years, but still more garbage, he needs about a 50 movie win streak just to break even.

In the right hands and film, Cage is as good as it gets. Few comedic performances top his role in Raising Arizona. Leaving Las Vegas is just phenomenal dramatic acting. Mandy was made for Cage. Without Cage dialing it up to 11 in Face/Off that movie is an unwatchable piece of crap, but with him, it's a completely rewatchable piece of crap. Etc.

Cage's weakness as an actor is a glaring one. He only knows how to be De Niro in Cape Fear. He doesn't know how to be De Niro in A Bronx Tale.

In the right hands and film, Cage is as good as it gets. Few comedic performances top his role in Raising Arizona. Leaving Las Vegas is just phenomenal dramatic acting. Mandy was made for Cage. Without Cage dialing it up to 11 in Face/Off that movie is an unwatchable piece of crap, but with him, it's a completely rewatchable piece of crap. Etc.

Cage's weakness as an actor is a glaring one. He only knows how to be De Niro in Cape Fear. He doesn't know how to be De Niro in A Bronx Tale.

Explain Pig then. He is subdued and nuanced there. Maybe they put ludes in his coffee?

Godzilla VS Kong 7/10

Decent monster fights, wish we got more time in hollow earth. Needed more monster fighting and less talking pieces of wood.

The Invisible Man (horror/thriller part) 8.5/10 (syfy/action part) 5.5/10= 7.5/10

The first 2/3's was a really good horror/thriller, not scary but pretty good thriller and suspense portion. The last third was a steaming pile of syfy/action with so much stupid my head hurt.

Mortal Kombat 5/10

The opening scene was great and gave me hope, then they killed the best actor, and gave us the most bland boring character, Cole sucked, possible to be the focus. Terrible character, Cole sucked, terrible actor, Cole sucked, can't beat up MGK, Cole sucked,then kills Goro with, Cole sucked, well literal plot armor. Cole sucked, the story sucked, Cole sucked, the fight scenes sucked, cut cut cut finishing move, Cole sucked. Sub Zero and Kano were both good, Cole sucked, Hiroyuki Sanada was awesome as always...well till he wasn't, Cole sucked. I typed 6/10 initially then wrote this, Cole sucked, and dropped it a point, Cole sucked. **** this movie, Cole was pretty badazz though.

Last edited:

Faceoff is just weird to me. I mean that as in I'll watch it any time it's on🤣

Tomorrow War - 6/10. I liked it well enough. Yvonne Strahovsky is still smoking hot. The movie ends, the good guys seem to have won, but there’s still a lot of questions that go unanswered.

Halloween kills: 4/10
I had hope for this one, but what a letdown. There’s a few really cool scenes which you’ll know when you see, but this movie takes the brainless victim stereotype in slasher movies and multiplies it times a billion. Just eye rolling stupidity. Watch it once and never again type movie.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Kansas 7.5/10
Very different movie that many folks with extended families in small towns might relate to. In black.& white. Was nominated for 6 academy awards.

Reactions: bignewt
Black Widow - 7.5/10. Very good movie with solid action, a good soundtrack and droll humor when it counted. For a movie that’s being touted as all about female empowerment, they sure liked the low angle butt shots of Natasha and Yelena and the other Widows.

End credits scene meshes nicely with what we saw toward the end of Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

VHS 94. Again I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the roll out of shudder films this season. This one didn’t disappoint me. VHS viral wasn’t very good but this one blew it out of the water. Looking for a fun bloody horror anthology, fire it up

Rewatching Blader Runner 2049 and I'm realizing it might be the best movie of the past decade. The story, ideas, and mystery are captivating, it's visually stunning, the pacing is great for a long movie, and they successfully walked the tight rope of being a sequel that is both original in thought but true to the OG.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
@BadJerry20 I watched a real classic horror comedy last night. 2009 night of the demons. It’s so bad it’s great. Not quite like redneck zombies or hell comes to frog town but more like Cinemax late night bad.

Reactions: BadJerry20
@BadJerry20 I watched a real classic horror comedy last night. 2009 night of the demons. It’s so bad it’s great. Not quite like redneck zombies or hell comes to frog town but more like Cinemax late night bad.

I haven't seen the remake, love the original. I'll check it out, what is it on?

Speaking of demons...

Demons (1985)
8.5/10

Cheesy, bad voice over dubbing, over the top gore, no real logical reason for what happens (its italian horror so to be expected)...and I ****ing love it. It looks really nice visually (Argento produced and you see his influence) , the voice over somehow gives it more charm, really good effects, it has a dude on a motorcycle with a katana chopping up demons, and Tony The Mother ****ing Pimp.

Demons 2
7.1/10

A lot like the first one, set in a high rise building instead of a movie theater and a little slower than the first. No katana wielding guy on a motorcycle and no Tony the Pimp but it has a demon dog, a demon kid and Tony The Pimp actor but as a personal trainer and still being awesome. Not as good as the first but still fun, if you like 80's horror you'll probably enjoy these.

There are something like 7 "sequels" that are not really sequels (basically slapped Demons on the name to try and sell them) except "The Church" which is part 3 but came out after like part 5. Lol Anyway it's the only other one worth watching, the others are the hottest of garbage. The Church...5.8/10

Last edited:

VN Store

Back