Most Annoying fan base in CFB

UF is and always has been the worst from my perspective... but that's all this can ever be- individual perceptions. I loath UNC fans as well. Probably worse. Both for similar reasons. Their fans are pompous and condescending.

This isn't my judgment based on bad behavior by idiots like several describe above. I am drawing a line between violent and "annoying".

Reactions: GoVols15
UF is and always has been the worst from my perspective... but that's all this can ever be- individual perceptions. I loath UNC fans as well. Probably worse. Both for similar reasons. Their fans are pompous and condescending.

This isn't my judgment based on bad behavior by idiots like several describe above. I am drawing a line between violent and "annoying".

Following our game in 1990 there were multiple reports of UT fans mocking the five UF students who were murdered by serial killer Danny Rolling. Our band also had to fight off a group of unruly students walking from the stadium. To add injury to insult, we got curb stomped 45-3 on the field, our first loss of the season. This was also my last semester at UF before graduating.

Fast forward a year, and our students had October 12 circled on the calendar. UT fans showed up loud, proud and as obnoxious any visiting fans we’d seen in Gainesville not wearing Miami orange and green. Those idiots are from a different planet.

To this day, our 1991 game was the absolute worst I’ve seen our students treat an opposing fan base in the stadium. We sealed the game on an Andy Kelly pick-6, at which point our student section rained down thousands of plastic cups directly at UT’s bench. Following the game I witnessed a couple fights and UT fans getting harassed.

The worst I’ve seen from an opposing fan base in Gainesville was a couple LSU students attempt to pee on the gator statue behind the north end zone. It ended very badly for them.

Worst fight I ever saw at a game was two UT fans fighting over a girl AFTER the ‘98 game. The scene in Knoxville was surreal and scary that night.

Reactions: kcvols1
Following our game in 1990 there were multiple reports of UT fans mocking the five UF students who were murdered by serial killer Danny Rolling. Our band also had to fight off a group of unruly students walking from the stadium. To add injury to insult, we got curb stomped 45-3 on the field, our first loss of the season. This was also my last semester at UF before graduating.

Fast forward a year, and our students had October 12 circled on the calendar. UT fans showed up loud, proud and as obnoxious any visiting fans we’d seen in Gainesville not wearing Miami orange and green. Those idiots are from a different planet.

To this day, our 1991 game was the absolute worst I’ve seen our students treat an opposing fan base in the stadium. We sealed the game on an Andy Kelly pick-6, at which point our student section rained down thousands of plastic cups directly at UT’s bench. Following the game I witnessed a couple fights and UT fans getting harassed.

The worst I’ve seen from an opposing fan base in Gainesville was a couple LSU students attempt to pee on the gator statue behind the north end zone. It ended very badly for them.

Worst fight I ever saw at a game was two UT fans fighting over a girl AFTER the ‘98 game. The scene in Knoxville was surreal and scary that night.
Well... you poor thing.

Again, I'm not talking about cherry picking out the morons who do violent/illegal over the top things. Every fan base has them including UF... well documented by visiting fans from a lot of programs.

I am talking about the condescending jackassery that typifies Gator fans.

Your perception was that UF fans were mocking the students... when it could have been them mocking... well... YOU and Floridiots in general.

Well... you poor thing.

Again, I'm not talking about cherry picking out the morons. Every fan base has them including UF... well documented by visiting fans from a lot of programs.

I am talking about the condescending jackassery that typifies Gator fans.

Just adding some context to the conversation.

Thank you for reading and responding.

Just adding some context to the conversation.

Thank you for reading and responding.
The context is that most programs have people who do really dumb, over the top stuff. That doesn't "annoy" me. It isn't fair to generalize those things either... as so many do.

The context is that most programs have people who do really dumb, over the top stuff. That doesn't "annoy" me. It isn't fair to generalize those things either... as so many do.

The only fan base I’ll paint with a broad brush is Miami. It’s about the only thing UF and FSU fans agree on.

The worst fights I've ever seen were between Vol fans. One was after the Music City Bowl in 2010. It started as a fight between an NC fan and a UT fan but it hadn't come to blows yet, just a lot of jawing. A UT fan stepped in to break it up and did a poor job as he and the other UT fan started trading blows. The NC fan ended up helping break them up; I think they actually all knew each other but geez.

"Annoying" =/= "worst." I could understand annoying. We are a passionate fanbase and that can annoy people. Bama fans are equally as annoying, but I digress.

If you are talking worst, it gets no worse than UF fans. Completely classless. They barely take the cake over UGA and the 3 Vandy fans.

Worse was south **** south Carolina, bama, Florida, and the worse fans ever Georgia, let replay Dobbs hail mary lol

We biatch more about refs then any fan base on earth. We claim to be screwed all the time. We are whiny as hell

Sorry but no fan base complains more about officiating (and everything else) than Clemson. Need proof? Wait til football season then visit TigerNet. No fan base has ever had more to cheer about and at the same time live in constant insecurity. The are convinced of a global conspiracy against Clemson which involves ESPN, the SEC, Paul Finebaum, Nickelodeon, etc.

They thought we were annoying during the lean years of Tennessee sports, now that the Vols are getting good at everything, they are going to despise us even more. Can’t wait 😜

lol this is literally happening in baseball. we have been awful for decades and no one cared, now we're hot shiza and the tennessee baseball twitter account is having to tell our fans to stop tweeting at ole miss players.

Reactions: Jax_Vol

VN Store

Back