Morven Joseph has entered the portal

Can a player be totally capable to get on the field but be held out because of academics? Not saying this is the case here, but, just wondering if anyone knows if that happens.

I’ll trust Heupel over you.

Quit freaking out.
Exactly.... if this young man can play with the linebacker play we have right now, I am not sure what the future would hold for him. He has played in two (2) games, GG and TT, and did not make the travel squad for any away game. I wish him the best but with the new rules, this is better for the program long term and him as well.

Reactions: walkenvol
The first rule that needs to change is players cannot enter the portal until the end of the season! This quitting on your team in the middle of the seaon is horseshit! If a player quits the team in the middle of the season then he should forfeit his eligibility to be in the portal for one year!
Hes not playing, so is he really quitting? I could see if Hooker entered the portal

I’ll stright out kiss your a$$ on national tv if we don’t have a whole team full of kids that could play linebacker better than Beasley. He’s the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen. There’s no chance a guy like Willis wouldn’t play better if given the chance. It’s likely a combination of things that prevents those guys from getting out there. Maybe not having mastered the defensive playbook looms large. To that I’d say…if your play book is too complicated to get your best kids out there you need to simplify things. Some act like fans not in the room can’t possibly ever make a legitimate point. But there a whole bunch of times we’ve been right.
Let me ask you this…when fans were on here complaining about how bad Milton was were you saying…ya because the coaches don’t want to play the best qb? The coaches were obviously wrong there and it took a while to give other players a chance. But you’re glad they eventually did right? We need to ti e other linebackers a chance my friend. We likely have nobody that wouldn’t outperform Beasley if given the opportunity
So no ones allowed to have a bad game?? He’s been great several games this year. Saturday night,…he sucked. Doesn’t mean he’s the worst ever.

This right here sucks. For all the positive stuff the staff has done this has certainly been a recurring theme. Another recurring theme has been not getting the top in-state kids. I know I know… There is plenty of time left and they have not even been on the job a full year. But this has to get better.
Here’s another thing a question about the staff… I have never in my life seen a worse line backing crew and we have right now. And specifically Beasley is the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen suit up for us. The first play of the game they’re smaller running back basically ran over Beasley and drug him for 5 yards. That became the theme of the game Saturday night. The quarterback literally leapt over Beasley on five different occasions. Every single time Beasley would dive at his ankles and he would go over the top for another 5 yards. I was just screaming at the TV put a linebacker in that will freaking take on the quarterback and stonewall him. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a linebacker afraid to take on an awkwardly running/rather slow white quarterback in my life.
Why doesn’t this kid (Joseph) get a look at that job? Why doesn’t Willis get an opportunity out on the field?.

Levis is a big dude that ran with a purpose. Had to bring his race into like that somehow made him less intimidating to the D. Pure unfiltered ignorance. He's a hammer and we have no depth; put your dramatic online persona to the side and think about how poorly you would fare trying to tackle him straight on all night. If you go high on qbs like that you either end up injured or ejected for targetting.

Reactions: FïreBall
Pucker up because there is a 100% certainty that UT does not have a "whole team full of kids" that have beaten Beasley out.

Oh yeah… Kind of like hell Milton beat hooker out right? Why is it hard for some to understand that a staff can do some things well but have to improve in other areas? This staff does an amazing job at scheming. Especially on offense. But they have not done a great job at getting the best players on the field right out of the gate or giving other guys an opportunity to play when the kid ahead them has proven to be bad. Beasley needs to get replaced. There are more talented kids in that room I guarantee you that just aren’t getting a chance to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJBlaze
Hes not playing, so is he really quitting? I could see if Hooker entered the portal
He's still depth. He still provides reps against other players in practice. There's ways to help your team besides on Saturday. Enter the portal at season end? Fine. See ya. Leave mid season? Sorry but youre a chicken **** quitter! You're not going to another team until after the season is over anyway. Quitting mid season speaks to your character or lack of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kungfuman2000
Oh yeah… Kind of like hell Milton beat hooker out right? Why is it hard for Sam to understand that a staff can do some things well but have to improve in other areas? This staff does an amazing job at scheming. Especially on our fence. But they have not done a great job at getting the best players on the field right out of the gate or giving other guys an opportunity to play when the kid ahead of your mom has proven to be bad. Beasley needs to get replaced. There are more talented kids in that room I guarantee you that just are getting a chance to play.
We have no players. We have no depth. We literally have all LB’s playing out of their natural position, and zero with the combination of speed and strength necessary. What’s your move here?

Oh yeah… Kind of like hell Milton beat hooker out right? Why is it hard for Sam to understand that a staff can do some things well but have to improve in other areas? This staff does an amazing job at scheming. Especially on our fence. But they have not done a great job at getting the best players on the field right out of the gate or giving other guys an opportunity to play when the kid ahead of your mom has proven to be bad. Beasley needs to get replaced. There are more talented kids in that room I guarantee you that just are getting a chance to play.
You have told us 2 or 3 times that you know there are more talented lbs on the team than Beasley without naming names. Since you know so much please tell us who they are and how you know they are more talented.
You mentioned Milton/Hooker as an an example of not getting best players on field. So what are the others you know of?

So no ones allowed to have a bad game?? He’s been great several games this year. Saturday night,…he sucked. Doesn’t mean he’s the worst ever.
He played as well as Toot Toot did against LSU. The two Kentucky backs can make a lot of LB’s look bad. Tough running backs.

Oh yeah… Kind of like hell Milton beat hooker out right? Why is it hard for some to understand that a staff can do some things well but have to improve in other areas? This staff does an amazing job at scheming. Especially on offense. But they have not done a great job at getting the best players on the field right out of the gate or giving other guys an opportunity to play when the kid ahead them has proven to be bad. Beasley needs to get replaced. There are more talented kids in that room I guarantee you that just aren’t getting a chance to play.
Go get'm coach... That's the spirit.

This right here sucks. For all the positive stuff the staff has done this has certainly been a recurring theme. Another recurring theme has been not getting the top in-state kids. I know I know… There is plenty of time left and they have not even been on the job a full year. But this has to get better.
Here’s another thing a question about the staff… I have never in my life seen a worse line backing crew and we have right now. And specifically Beasley is the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen suit up for us. The first play of the game they’re smaller running back basically ran over Beasley and drug him for 5 yards. That became the theme of the game Saturday night. The quarterback literally leapt over Beasley on five different occasions. Every single time Beasley would dive at his ankles and he would go over the top for another 5 yards. I was just screaming at the TV put a linebacker in that will freaking take on the quarterback and stonewall him. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a linebacker afraid to take on an awkwardly running/rather slow white quarterback in my life.
Why doesn’t this kid (Joseph) get a look at that job? Why doesn’t Willis get an opportunity out on the field?.
If they had one to put in I think they would be glad to do so but they just aren't there. Hopefully we get one or two in
the portal and maybe one from high school in the next class. You can't put in what you don't have. I'm sure they have
looked at a lot of guys there but we don't have one. Do you think they don't put one in just so we can get beat at that
position? I don't think so. Don't forget we lost the kid from Texas to injury that was supposed to be in there.

I’ll stright out kiss your a$$ on national tv if we don’t have a whole team full of kids that could play linebacker better than Beasley. He’s the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen. There’s no chance a guy like Willis wouldn’t play better if given the chance. It’s likely a combination of things that prevents those guys from getting out there. Maybe not having mastered the defensive playbook looms large. To that I’d say…if your play book is too complicated to get your best kids out there you need to simplify things. Some act like fans not in the room can’t possibly ever make a legitimate point. But there a whole bunch of times we’ve been right.
Let me ask you this…when fans were on here complaining about how bad Milton was were you saying…ya because the coaches don’t want to play the best qb? The coaches were obviously wrong there and it took a while to give other players a chance. But you’re glad they eventually did right? We need to ti e other linebackers a chance my friend. We likely have nobody that wouldn’t outperform Beasley if given the opportunity
That's no good, it has to be something you don't want to do.

VN Store

Back