Morven Joseph has entered the portal

Portal should be closed until the end of the season.
Quit before homecoming and big game. Couldn't even get steady playing time on this team as depleted as it is...
Oh well the portal taketh away the portal shall giveth
As a UT fan, I'm not sure I agree. We need help and some of the spots of need require more maturity. It's hard for true freshmen to play at this level right away. We need immediate help so the portal is obviously the way to go. You get guys who've been in a program, played at the D1 level and have been in a nutrition/S&C program. The more of those portal players available is really a benefit to us at this point in the rebuilding process. You need to know what's out there so you know how to adjust and alter your HS/juco recruiting especially with signing day coming up soon. Coaches today are faced with a lot of uncertainty and moving parts. If a kid can't make it on the field here and wants to find a landing spot before the season ends, I have no problem with it. Right now there's room at the inn at several programs. Get while the gettin' is good. Good luck to the young man.

Reactions: walkenvol and Remy
Jesus. I swear we just cannot catch a freaking break. Coming off a big win against a top 25 SEC team on the road, one would have expected a commit like South Carolina did. Instead, she have a guy leave. Good grief.

I wish the portal was a one way valve. Open to in-comers and closed to out-goers. 😂

Some are saying this is more of a case of "want to" than ability. As in.... want to show up on time for practice. want to take coaching, want to try and get better....

a Lack of want to....

As a UT fan, I'm not sure I agree. We need help and some of the spots of need require more maturity. It's hard for true freshmen to play at this level right away. We need immediate help so the portal is obviously the way to go. You get guys who've been in a program, played at the D1 level and have been in a nutrition/S&C program. The more of those portal players available is really a benefit to us at this point in the rebuilding process. You need to know what's out there so you know how to adjust and alter your HS/juco recruiting especially with signing day coming up soon. Coaches today are faced with a lot of uncertainty and moving parts. If a kid can't make it on the field here and wants to find a landing spot before the season ends, I have no problem with it. Right now there's room at the inn at several programs. Get while the gettin' is good. Good luck to the young man.
I have no problem with the portal. I just don't think it should be open during the season. You can't play until the following season anyway.
Since I don't know. If you enter the portal before the end of the season. Do you have to pack your bags and leave or are you allowed to finish the semester out?

The transfer portal changes the game. If this kid isn’t willing to do his time now to earn a position when the upper class men graduate then good luck to him.

This right here sucks. For all the positive stuff the staff has done this has certainly been a recurring theme. Another recurring theme has been not getting the top in-state kids. I know I know… There is plenty of time left and they have not even been on the job a full year. But this has to get better.
Here’s another thing a question about the staff… I have never in my life seen a worse line backing crew and we have right now. And specifically Beasley is the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen suit up for us. The first play of the game they’re smaller running back basically ran over Beasley and drug him for 5 yards. That became the theme of the game Saturday night. The quarterback literally leapt over Beasley on five different occasions. Every single time Beasley would dive at his ankles and he would go over the top for another 5 yards. I was just screaming at the TV put a linebacker in that will freaking take on the quarterback and stonewall him. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a linebacker afraid to take on an awkwardly running/rather slow white quarterback in my life.
Why doesn’t this kid (Joseph) get a look at that job? Why doesn’t Willis get an opportunity out on the field?.

I’m sure the LB coach DC are risking their jobs by playing the worst players they have. There could be a myriad of reasons Beasley hasn’t been passed up: knowing where to line up, knowing assignments, giving max effort in meeting room and on practice field, etc. We knew LB was a position of concern going into the season. Solon Page who has not seen the field previously is being developed and I’m sure Beasley will be as well.

Oh yeah… Kind of like hell Milton beat hooker out right?
What does that have to do with the ridiculous claim that UT has a whole roster of players better than Beasley? Don't make ridiculous, emotional, dumb statements.

Why is it hard for some to understand that a staff can do some things well but have to improve in other areas?
And why do folks like you make assumptions that you have no means of knowing or proving then condemn the staff? Joseph didn't do the things the coaches asked of him to get on the field. This isn't like QB where you only have one. If he had shown the ability even to play situational then there's a very good chance he would have played.

This staff does an amazing job at scheming. Especially on offense. But they have not done a great job at getting the best players on the field right out of the gate or giving other guys an opportunity to play when the kid ahead them has proven to be bad. Beasley needs to get replaced. There are more talented kids in that room I guarantee you that just aren’t getting a chance to play.
You simply do not KNOW that. It could be true to one degree or another. But you don't know how good or bad Joseph has been or how much effort and buy in he's demonstrated.

OK. WHICH KIDS SPECIFICALLY and how do you KNOW?

This right here sucks. For all the positive stuff the staff has done this has certainly been a recurring theme. Another recurring theme has been not getting the top in-state kids. I know I know… There is plenty of time left and they have not even been on the job a full year. But this has to get better.
Here’s another thing a question about the staff… I have never in my life seen a worse line backing crew and we have right now. And specifically Beasley is the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen suit up for us. The first play of the game they’re smaller running back basically ran over Beasley and drug him for 5 yards. That became the theme of the game Saturday night. The quarterback literally leapt over Beasley on five different occasions. Every single time Beasley would dive at his ankles and he would go over the top for another 5 yards. I was just screaming at the TV put a linebacker in that will freaking take on the quarterback and stonewall him. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a linebacker afraid to take on an awkwardly running/rather slow white quarterback in my life.
Why doesn’t this kid (Joseph) get a look at that job? Why doesn’t Willis get an opportunity out on the field?.

You were aware that their QB likely outweighed everyone of our linebackers.

Reactions: feathersax

The roster just got thinner and maybe Beckwith gets moved to linebacker to provide some depth and eventually get some snaps.

This is becoming the new normal in CFB now. Once NCAA removed the sit out a yr penalty for your first transfer it will explode. If your not happy, leave. Can also work in your favor to pick up good players.

yep. 35 players hit the portal just last week

I’ll stright out kiss your a$$ on national tv if we don’t have a whole team full of kids that could play linebacker better than Beasley. He’s the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen. There’s no chance a guy like Willis wouldn’t play better if given the chance. It’s likely a combination of things that prevents those guys from getting out there. Maybe not having mastered the defensive playbook looms large. To that I’d say…if your play book is too complicated to get your best kids out there you need to simplify things. Some act like fans not in the room can’t possibly ever make a legitimate point. But there a whole bunch of times we’ve been right.
Let me ask you this…when fans were on here complaining about how bad Milton was were you saying…ya because the coaches don’t want to play the best qb? The coaches were obviously wrong there and it took a while to give other players a chance. But you’re glad they eventually did right? We need to ti e other linebackers a chance my friend. We likely have nobody that wouldn’t outperform Beasley if given the opportunity
They make medicine for this .. take 5 and relax a bit before you pop

True. But when your team has lost close to 30 players to the portal and continues to lose people, at some point it starts to really suck.
I agree 110%. The thing I struggle with is back in the day you earned your starting spot. Now if you can't have it given to you, you pack up and leave

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
Could you post the pics of all 5 jumps please!

VN Store

Back