Morven Joseph has entered the portal

This right here sucks. For all the positive stuff the staff has done this has certainly been a recurring theme. Another recurring theme has been not getting the top in-state kids. I know I know… There is plenty of time left and they have not even been on the job a full year. But this has to get better.
Here’s another thing a question about the staff… I have never in my life seen a worse line backing crew and we have right now. And specifically Beasley is the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen suit up for us. The first play of the game they’re smaller running back basically ran over Beasley and drug him for 5 yards. That became the theme of the game Saturday night. The quarterback literally leapt over Beasley on five different occasions. Every single time Beasley would dive at his ankles and he would go over the top for another 5 yards. I was just screaming at the TV put a linebacker in that will freaking take on the quarterback and stonewall him. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a linebacker afraid to take on an awkwardly running/rather slow white quarterback in my life.
Why doesn’t this kid (Joseph) get a look at that job? Why doesn’t Willis get an opportunity out on the field?.

This right here sucks. For all the positive stuff the staff has done this has certainly been a recurring theme. Another recurring theme has been not getting the top in-state kids. I know I know… There is plenty of time left and they have not even been on the job a full year. But this has to get better.
Here’s another thing a question about the staff… I have never in my life seen a worse line backing crew and we have right now. And specifically Beasley is the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen suit up for us. The first play of the game they’re smaller running back basically ran over Beasley and drug him for 5 yards. That became the theme of the game Saturday night. The quarterback literally leapt over Beasley on five different occasions. Every single time Beasley would dive at his ankles and he would go over the top for another 5 yards. I was just screaming at the TV put a linebacker in that will freaking take on the quarterback and stonewall him. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a linebacker afraid to take on an awkwardly running/rather slow white quarterback in my life.
Why doesn’t this kid (Joseph) get a look at that job? Why doesn’t Willis get an opportunity out on the field?.

I’ll trust Heupel over you.

Quit freaking out.

Interesting to look back at what Brian Jean-Mary said about Joseph back in August.

On if sophomore Morven Joseph has found a home at inside or outside linebacker…

"Morven has been with us at the inside linebacker spot, and we have some specific packages where we're going to try to use him as a pass rusher because we feel like he does that really well. His big thing is that he's another guy that was an edge guy in high school. He's learned to play stack linebacker because it's a difference and you're more read and react. When you're an edge guy, you're more react and read. Right now, he's still trying to learn what to do as far as the stack linebacker. He's been really good through our first six practices. 'MoJo' is an interesting player to evaluate because he's such a good athlete that sometimes he might look like it's taking a little while to process, but when you look at it, he's getting there faster than other people because he's such a good athlete. With guys like that, you want to make sure you put them in positions to have success. You don't want to keep pounding away and take away from his skill set. I think he's progressing at the rate that we want him to. Obviously, we want him to be a little faster and be able to play stack, as well as become an edge rusher. Through the first six practices, he's been good."

Coaches rarely play the best players they have on the team. Recruiting computer analyists can do a much better job fielding a team.

Coaches rarely play the best players they have on the team. Recruiting computer analyists can do a much better job fielding a team.

I’ll stright out kiss your a$$ on national tv if we don’t have a whole team full of kids that could play linebacker better than Beasley. He’s the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen. There’s no chance a guy like Willis wouldn’t play better if given the chance. It’s likely a combination of things that prevents those guys from getting out there. Maybe not having mastered the defensive playbook looms large. To that I’d say…if your play book is too complicated to get your best kids out there you need to simplify things. Some act like fans not in the room can’t possibly ever make a legitimate point. But there a whole bunch of times we’ve been right.
Let me ask you this…when fans were on here complaining about how bad Milton was were you saying…ya because the coaches don’t want to play the best qb? The coaches were obviously wrong there and it took a while to give other players a chance. But you’re glad they eventually did right? We need to ti e other linebackers a chance my friend. We likely have nobody that wouldn’t outperform Beasley if given the opportunity

You seem to be a little upset......

calm down

they cant help this is the LBs we have to work with. if youre gonna criticize, at least be fair and bring a real point to the table.

I’ll stright out kiss your a$$ on national tv if we don’t have a whole team full of kids that could play linebacker better than Beasley. He’s the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen. There’s no chance a guy like Willis wouldn’t play better if given the chance. It’s likely a combination of things that prevents those guys from getting out there. Maybe not having mastered the defensive playbook looms large. To that I’d say…if your play book is too complicated to get your best kids out there you need to simplify things. Some act like fans not in the room can’t possibly ever make a legitimate point. But there a whole bunch of times we’ve been right.
Let me ask you this…when fans were on here complaining about how bad Milton was were you saying…ya because the coaches don’t want to play the best qb? The coaches were obviously wrong there and it took a while to give other players a chance. But you’re glad they eventually did right? We need to ti e other linebackers a chance my friend. We likely have nobody that wouldn’t outperform Beasley if given the opportunity
Are you going to wear lipstick?

You may want to get tested for hysteria.

See Freak's quote. They've apparently been trying to give him a "look" at ILB since the spring... and he hasn't outperformed the others. Honestly it sucks because the kid has athletic ability but I don't want to see the coaches playing guys who don't earn it or giving guys reps to get them to stay.

On Beasley, agree to a degree. But the coaches emphasize being in the right spot. If you do that, you have a chance to make a play. If you don't then opponents are off to the races. Presumably M Joseph couldn't learn to do that and got frustrated that he wasn't getting to play.

PS- he was a guy who appeared to be recruited more or less to Pruitt's D. Maybe he would have been great in it? But even from that quote it sounded like he didn't read and react like they want in this D.

VN Store

Back