Morgan Wallen trolling Kiffin 😂

Also, his music is dishonest, pandering garbage, like most popular country music today. Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell, Tyler Childers, etc. have talent. Wallen has the benefit of copious amounts of stupid people willing to listen to stupid music.
Come on over to the Country Music thread, Greg. We agree.

That’s like saying McDonalds has some good food and then asking me to name my top 3 restaurants.
No. No it's not.

I don't get the hate for Morgan. Maybe it's cause he's so damn good, that everything he touches turns to gold and he's just too mainstream for some folks.

Maybe you're more laid back and like the old traditional style of country and that's ok.

Maybe you just plain hate the guy.

But the truth is, we need guys like Morgan. Country today ain't like it was 20 years ago. The lifestyle, values, and everything that goes with it is fading away. Morgan can touch and relate on so many levels, for so many listeners and draw the younger generation back to country roots.

Traditionally, country is usually grown folks music. It got a reputation for being nothing but beer and broken hearts/ depressing music. While that's not fully true, modern day country has given a new life to the genre and has drawn more ears back to country music.

Disregard Kane Brown, Brantley Gilbert, and Florida Georgia Line.

Last edited:
And just to be clear. I like a lot of the lesser mainstream artists too.

Matt Mason
Chris Knight
Tyler Childers (though he's gotten pretty big now)
Dean Brody
Sturgill Simpson
Jason Isbell
Whiskey Meyer's etc.

But as far as modern mainstream artist. I love some Morgan Wallen, Luke Combs, Aaron Lewis, Riley Green, and Hardy. They don't deserve to be clumped up with FGL, Kane Brown, and the Brantley Gilbert's

And just to be clear. I like a lot of the lesser mainstream artists too.

Matt Mason
Chris Knight
Tyler Childers (though he's gotten pretty big now)
Dean Brody
Sturgill Simpson
Jason Isbell
Whiskey Meyer's etc.

But as far as modern mainstream artist. I love some Morgan Wallen, Luke Combs, Aaron Lewis, Riley Green, and Hardy. They don't deserve to be clumped up with FGL, Kane Brown, and the Brantley Gilbert's
Music is very personal, so I try not to knock anyone's tastes. But man let's not hang out and drink bourbon if you have the spotify controls.

To each their own.

VN Store

Back