Morgan Wallen trolling Kiffin 😂

No. No it's not.

I don't get the hate for Morgan. Maybe it's cause he's so damn good, that everything he touches turns to gold and he's just too mainstream for some folks.

Maybe you're more laid back and like the old traditional style of country and that's ok.

Maybe you just plain hate the guy.

But the truth is, we need guys like Morgan. Country today ain't like it was 20 years ago. The lifestyle, values, and everything that goes with it is fading away. Morgan can touch and relate on so many levels, for so many listeners and draw the younger generation back to country roots.

Traditionally, country is usually grown folks music. It got a reputation for being nothing but beer and broken hearts/ depressing music. While that's not fully true, modern day country has given a new life to the genre and has drawn more ears back to country music.

Disregard Kane Brown, Brantley Gilbert, and Florida Georgia Line.

Yes. Yes it is.

Agree. But he ain't country rap...well he might have a few songs that are, but he's mainly as country as it gets.
He uses a lot of 808s in his music is why a lot of people think he's rap/country. But the 2 guys Ernest, and hardy is who he writes with a lot r incredible writers. Flower shops by Ernest and Morgan is incredible. And hardy has written like 8 number 1s now and he's only been around like 4 years

The only difference between Lane and Lame is one hump.

But isn't country music and superstar a contradiction in terms?

Music evolves because society and experiences evolve. And music reflects both. What some of you are saying about country music now, is the same things people said about rock and roll, be-bop, gospel music, and certain classical works back in their days. An extreme example was the criticism of songs like Small Sad Sam wasn't singing, it was just talking. People's taste in music will always be different, and that evolves too. Even the beloved Dolly Parton experiments from time to time. And each generation adds their version of what they call music, while others insist it's just noise. Far as I'm concerned, rap is noise, but then again, I never liked the old time Japanese plink-plink music, I found it annoying. Guess it's like they say, there's no accounting for taste.

If you don’t know who Morgan Wallen is you’re not in the right place, if you don’t like him, get out!

Also, his music is dishonest, pandering garbage, like most popular country music today. Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell, Tyler Childers, etc. have talent. Wallen has the benefit of copious amounts of stupid people willing to listen to stupid music.
Absolutely. Real country music died after the 90’s. Outside of a few that you mentioned along with Chris Stapleton, there is no real country music out there. The rest is bubblegum pablum targeting 16 year old girls. Sturgill Simpson is the best thing going and there is no chance country radio will play his music.

VN Store

Back