Monkeypox-alypse!!!!!

EXC: The Infamous Wuhan Lab Recently Assembled Monkeypox Strains Using Methods Flagged For Creating 'Contagious Pathogens'.

And here is the paper that Wuhan lab published in Feb:
Efficient assembly of a large fragment of monkeypox virus genome as a qPCR template using dual-selection based transformation-associated recombination

Basically - we needed to create a strain of monkeypox (because we didnt have any on hand) so we could you know, test it. Oh, and aren't we smart, now we can use similar PCR tests that we used for covid to detect this new strain. But don't you worry, we didn't make the complete virus, just a critical section of it. Whatever could go wrong?

And this comes out a few months before a new breakout of it and after actual planning for "what if" scenarios of global monkeypox. I mean, these people just don't care.

And this comes out a few months before a new breakout of it and after actual planning for "what if" scenarios of global monkeypox. I mean, these people just don't care.

Forget all my late stage capitalism talk. I'm starting to think we're actually at late stage humanity.

We need to colonize the moon or Mars and move all this gain of function research up there. I'm only halfway being facetious.

Reactions: Gandalf
Forget all my late stage capitalism talk. I'm starting to think we're actually at late stage humanity.

We need to colonize the moon or Mars and move all this gain of function research up there. I'm only halfway being facetious.

Still saving my pennies for my bug out place :D

_826_image_c15f05db7e.jpg-1360-1100.jpg

Reactions: joevol33 and AshG
Did i read that correct...the same Wuhan institute that studied Covid, was studying monkeypox as well??? Coincidence??

Wuhan Institute Of Virology Scientists Assembled Genome To Detect Monkeypox | The Daily Wire

See my comment above Monkeypox-alypse!!!!!

Im sure you will be even MORE comforted that they just released a paper on gain of function in Avian Flu - Wuhan Institute of Virology Publishes New “Gain of Function” Study Featuring Avian Flu Virus

On a related subject, I simply cannot imagine the difficulty of being a comedy writer today.

Ah, so you *don't* have any idea as to what you're talking about.

You do have a point. Comparing you to those with special needs is a huge insult to those who actually have special needs. Willful ignorance, irrational paranoia, and blatant stupidity are nothing remotely similar to mental retardation.

Having a thick-skulled moron like you whine about schoolyard insults is about the most ridiculous thing I've seen posted on this board. It is literally 99% of what you spew out.

Sure thing janitor.

1 confirmed case in the US . 4 suspected cases in US. 200 cases globally.

Why the panic?

But samples taken from a handful of patients struck down in the fresh outbreak suggest the virus has collated an extra 50 mutations.

Researchers wrote that this was 'far more than one would expect considering the estimated substitution rate for orthopoxviruses'. They also warned that an 'evolutionary jump' — like with the Covid Omicron strain — may have created a 'hyper-mutated virus'.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back