Monday Selection Show

I really feel as if it was Westbrook’s injury. Once she slowed down, so did the rest of the team it seemed like, except Davis.

Annie started to play better, but her turnovers negates everything positive she does. .

I`m not gonna give Westbrook a pass she did all her damaged against cup cakes. When we played top talented teams she was a no show, And against the cup cakes she still was turnover machine and a poor free throw shooter. So let`s not bring the injured knee into play. Message for Holly and whoever is on that bandwagon, If Westbrook is injured then she should not play. The bottom line is Westbrook needs to work on her shooting and move to the 2g position. Let`s make no mistake she has failed at the Pg position and Holly knows it. Hayes also is a turnover machine and has played very poor at times, She to needs to work on her jump shot this summer.

Reactions: 1 person
No worries LV fans. I'm done with my Holly rants. There will be no more from me. So relax and enjoy the tournament. But if they lose? (AND I HOPE THEY DONT)

#HollyGottaGoNow

Ok that's it. Bye

GOLadyVols!:)

Also I mentioned BAYLOR because you mentioned BAYLOR and said we better watch out for OSU so I was associating that with BAYLOR watching out for Michigan. Sorry I didn’t mean to make you lose your own train of thought or try to expand upon your post which you posted the word BAYLOR in.

Enjoy those 💊💊 though ✌🏽

Reactions: 2 people
Well, that's probably one of the better bracket draws they could have hoped for. They probably deserved a #4 seed more than a #3 and got the #3. Louisville is probably the weakest #1 or at least the one I'd prefer to play of the 4 available. Unfortunately, Baylor is probably one of the tougher #2 seeds right there with South Carolina. Assuming they beat Liberty, Oregon State is not going to be any picnic. If they pull off the upset and somehow make the Final 4, having played Mississippi State will be better than having to play UCONN.

UCONN has a pretty challenging road. The game against likely Georgia/Duke won't necessarily be a gimmie. South Carolina with Wilson healthy is a TOUGH #2 match-up. Notre Dame has had UCONN's # in recent memory. Then they could face an undefeated Mississippi State. They will definitely have to earn it.

But, unfortunately, as I said in the OP, the way they've been playing, I think the odds of us losing to Oregon State are better than the odds we beat Baylor. They'd have to hit a gear they haven't hit since they lost their first game.

Didn't Baylor lose one of their starters recently to an ACL injury?
That would be Kristy Wallace. The injury occurred on Sr Night vs Texas. Thankfully Alexis Morris has stepped and is playing up to her billing, thus far. Alexis brings extra quickness to the Point but I fear we might miss Kristy's senior savvy.

On a possitive note, Natalie Chou is now available to play. She received some mop up minutes in the Big XII tournament and the cast comes off of her arm tomorrow.

Baylor Lady Bears' Kristy Wallace is espnW's player of the week

Last edited:
LV1908 Your love for Holly is :crazy: You must be a relative of hers or is she paying you for her support?

Deleting my account will not change Holly from being a terrible coach. Nor will it stop you from having your head up her you know what.

So no deletion. :good!:

GOLadyVols!

There's some ignorant fans like that, they cry out loud as soon as one calls Holly out for being worst coach of all time. Just don't pay them mind and keep writing. Bracket doesn't matter for Holly, put her at #1 she'll loose it all.

Reactions: 3 people
When Westbrook eliminated Oregon State Rueck told Westbrook he would try and schedule Tennessee. The game may have been scheduled for him, assuming they both win the first round.

Well, that's probably one of the better bracket draws they could have hoped for. They probably deserved a #4 seed more than a #3 and got the #3. Louisville is probably the weakest #1 or at least the one I'd prefer to play of the 4 available. Unfortunately, Baylor is probably one of the tougher #2 seeds right there with South Carolina. Assuming they beat Liberty, Oregon State is not going to be any picnic. If they pull off the upset and somehow make the Final 4, having played Mississippi State will be better than having to play UCONN.

UCONN has a pretty challenging road. The game against likely Georgia/Duke won't necessarily be a gimmie. South Carolina with Wilson healthy is a TOUGH #2 match-up. Notre Dame has had UCONN's # in recent memory. Then they could face an undefeated Mississippi State. They will definitely have to earn it.

But, unfortunately, as I said in the OP, the way they've been playing, I think the odds of us losing to Oregon State are better than the odds we beat Baylor. They'd have to hit a gear they haven't hit since they lost their first game.

Do you follow basketball? Mississippi State has a zero game winning streak. How the hell can UConn face an undefeated Mississippi State?

I`m not gonna give Westbrook a pass she did all her damaged against cup cakes. When we played top talented teams she was a no show, And against the cup cakes she still was turnover machine and a poor free throw shooter. So let`s not bring the injured knee into play. Message for Holly and whoever is on that bandwagon, If Westbrook is injured then she should not play. The bottom line is Westbrook needs to work on her shooting and move to the 2g position. Let`s make no mistake she has failed at the Pg position and Holly knows it. Hayes also is a turnover machine and has played very poor at times, She to needs to work on her jump shot this summer.

Ok, i am going to assume you know we only have 3 guards...how the hell do we not put Westbrook on the floor? Have you watched Jackson pass the ball, or shot layups? Again, how the hell do we not play Westbrook?

Do you follow basketball? Mississippi State has a zero game winning streak. How the hell can UConn face an undefeated Mississippi State?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Doesn't really change anything except they have lost a game, which could actually be better than being undefeated. It's better to find out your weakness before the tournament than a game during the tournament, just like UCONN found out last year.

There's some ignorant fans like that, they cry out loud as soon as one calls Holly out for being worst coach of all time. Just don't pay them mind and keep writing. Bracket doesn't matter for Holly, put her at #1 she'll loose it all.

"The worst coach of all time". And you people wonder why fans come at you, and why others laugh at our fan base. I'm certainly not gonna defend her, but this constant talk about her being that bad really is pathetic. And you lose credibility with such nonsense.

Reactions: 6 people
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Doesn't really change anything except they have lost a game, which could actually be better than being undefeated. It's better to find out your weakness before the tournament than a game during the tournament, just like UCONN found out last year.

Miss. State can't get pass UConn and UConn would love to get back at them for last year, very much so! They'd be licking their chops and more than ready for MissState.

Hill is the only Baylor girl we need to worry about. imnsho

The biggest Baylor "girl" we'd have to worry about is Mulkey! She will have her team ready and they always play aggressive, just like their coach! The LadyVols don't like aggressive play, they start committing mistakes, turnovers; they like easy play, cruise-control style. If this Tenn. team play like they did in the beginning of the season, who knows how far they could go, really. They got that first lost and then bam, mediocre city for the rest of the season. Russell has to be a beast and Nared needs others to step up when she does. Saw too many games where Nared was working hard, but others weren't.

Miss. State can't get pass UConn and UConn would love to get back at them for last year, very much so! They'd be licking their chops and more than ready for MissState.

Well, last year South Carolina won the championship IMO because they only had to face Mississippi State whereas Mississippi State had to face BOTH UCONN and South Carolina. They (Mississippi State) were able to conjure the magic to beat UCONN but ran out against South Carolina.

Mississippi State is in POTENTIALLY the same position that South Carolina was in last year. UCONN vs. South Carolina should be a heavyweight fight with causalities in terms of fatigue and possibly injuries. And that winner will likely have to beat Notre Dame, too. By contrast, Mississippi State faces Texas who is probably the weakest #2 seed IMO and then possibly Louisville the weakest #1 seed IMO.

UCONN is definitely capable of beating everyone and doing so by double digits every game, but make no mistake that Mississippi State is in a better position in terms of match-ups leading to the final game should they all make it that far.

Well, last year South Carolina won the championship IMO because they only had to face Mississippi State whereas Mississippi State had to face BOTH UCONN and South Carolina. They (Mississippi State) were able to conjure the magic to beat UCONN but ran out against South Carolina.

Mississippi State is in POTENTIALLY the same position that South Carolina was in last year. UCONN vs. South Carolina should be a heavyweight fight with causalities in terms of fatigue and possibly injuries. And that winner will likely have to beat Notre Dame, too. By contrast, Mississippi State faces Texas who is probably the weakest #2 seed IMO and then possibly Louisville the weakest #1 seed IMO.

UCONN is definitely capable of beating everyone and doing so by double digits every game, but make no mistake that Mississippi State is in a better position in terms of match-ups leading to the final game should they all make it that far.

Did you see the USC and Uconn game??? NO CONTEST!

Did you see the USC and Uconn game??? NO CONTEST!

South Carolina is a much different team now. Unlike our team, they have improved. I'm not saying UCONN isn't the favorite, though. I'm just saying they have a tough road and won't have room for mistakes.

I think Oregon State will be a tougher out than most of the posters here seem to assume. They have a terrific 6' 5" center, whom ESPN placed on their third-team, all-American list, and are among the best 3-point shooting teams in the country. (I would take their center over Russell in a heartbeat.). They are not nearly as athletic as the Lady Vols, but are solid defensively and have, as has been said numerous times on this board, a first-rate coach who always seems to get the most out of his roster. If the Lady Vols don't come ready to play, they won't make it out of Knoxville. And this is from a fan of their most hated rival (Oregon).

P.S. Speaking of Oregon connections, Jamie Nared's older sister is an assistant coach for the Ducks.

I think Oregon State will be a tougher out than most of the posters here seem to assume. They have a terrific 6' 5" center, whom ESPN placed on their third-team, all-American list, and are among the best 3-point shooting teams in the country. (I would take their center over Russell in a heartbeat.). They are not nearly as athletic as the Lady Vols, but are solid defensively and have, as has been said numerous times on this board, a first-rate coach who always seems to get the most out of his roster. If the Lady Vols don't come ready to play, they won't make it out of Knoxville. And this is from a fan of their most hated rival (Oregon).

P.S. Speaking of Oregon connections, Jamie Nared's older sister is an assistant coach for the Ducks.

I think this is a very dangerous game for Tennessee should they match up. Rueck is one of the best coaches out there (he'd be top 3 on my wishlist if Holly stepped down) and he has good players even if they aren't uber athletic. Gulich is a handful inside and they can shoot the ball quite well. If there's one thing I've learned over the last 5-10 years it's that well coached teams are more likely to go the distance than talented teams with subpar coaching.

We need the Lady Vols to play the NCAA Tournament the way they built that big lead on Notre Dame. If they could. Big if. The could make their first final four in a long time. But if they play like the team that let Notre Dame come back i wouldnt be shocked if Liberty beat them. Remember---->(Ball State)

I think this is a very dangerous game for Tennessee should they match up. Rueck is one of the best coaches out there (he'd be top 3 on my wishlist if Holly stepped down) and he has good players even if they aren't uber athletic. Gulich is a handful inside and they can shoot the ball quite well. If there's one thing I've learned over the last 5-10 years it's that well coached teams are more likely to go the distance than talented teams with subpar coaching.

I think the match-up probably favors us, though. We've struggled most against teams with quick, athletic guards that 1) we can't defend one-on-one and 2) force a lot of turnovers. Oregon State is an excellent defensive team and we might struggle to score in a potential match-up, but they were also last in the Pac-12 in steals per game and turnover margin, so at least this isn't a team ready to exploit our biggest weaknesses.

"The worst coach of all time". And you people wonder why fans come at you, and why others laugh at our fan base. I'm certainly not gonna defend her, but this constant talk about her being that bad really is pathetic. And you lose credibility with such nonsense.

I swear it’s amusing to see them bash Holly, parading like they’re real fans. I think they get a sense of false hope because there are many “fans” here who genuinely hope the LVs lose and make fun of Holly’s stance during games, thump their chest, create 7 different threads to say one thing......FIRE Holly which is surprising coming from “FANS.” What fan would hope their team loses?!?! Some of you really come off as delusional hoping we believe in this facade that you’re an actual fan.

However in reality, they’re a very small faction of the LadyVol fan base that feel like that. They think their voice is going to be heard by the administration the more they moan and groan about the team in various threads, it’s honestly become quite comical. I’ve come to the conclusion that most of these “fans” are just old and bitter and know nothing but negativity.

Or undercover UCONN trolls *shrugs*

Reactions: 4 people
We can win two more or one more not beating Baylor. So the season will end either vs Oregon State or Baylor. I don't think Liberty can win no matter how bad we play.

I’ve come to the conclusion that most of these “fans” are just old and bitter and know nothing but negativity.

Or undercover UCONN trolls *shrugs*

If you were talking specifically about fans hoping Tennessee loses n the first round then, yes, UCONN fans would certainly be thrilled with that.

On the other hand, I would imagine that UCONN fans are the LAST people who'd be actively campaigning for Holly to fired in favor of hiring a stronger head coach to lead the Lady Vols.

Would they actively campaign to keep her? I can see them doing THAT before I could see them trying to get her replaced with a real go-getter who could get Tennessee back into the legitimate conversation for national championships. Just MO.

Last edited:
The other teams are sitting in gyms with fans behind them cheering up a storm when their bracket is announced. Our girls looked like they were waiting on their final exam schedule. Wtf is going on! Let’s hope they’re just saving their energy for the tournament cause they didn’t use any tonight.

There was no suspense because they knew they would be hosting as usual and there wasn't anything to cheer about with Baylor in their region as the 2 seed. They would have rather played second week out west instead of in Lexington. I guess they really don't care whether their fans can make it or not.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back