MLB cancels ASG in Atlanta

What sh** show?
If there was ever a time and a need for a bipartisan bill, it was with this voting bill in GA.
Bipartisanship wasn't even attempted. It was a repub bill from start to finish.
It rarely is.

Breaking news. We have a 2 party system that doesn't want to work together. And yes thats regardless of who is in control.

False. For minorities it was purposely suppressed for decades.

Learn some history
True to some extent, but it’s pure hyperbole to equate the current GA election law to Jim Crow. There’s nothing draconian in that bill that isn’t already in effect in multiple states.

It’s literally more difficult to get an absentee ballot in NY where you need an actual excuse than in GA where one is simply provided upon request.

I'm having a really tough time understanding how any of this is even an issue. The truth of the matter is, if you have an ID, its very easy for anybody to vote. If you are really honest with yourself, the only issue anybody has with this bill is its now harder to cheat.

I'm having a really tough time understanding how any of this is even an issue. The truth of the matter is, if you have an ID, its very easy for anybody to vote. If you are really honest with yourself, the only issue anybody has with this bill is its now harder to cheat.
It’s an issue because in 2020, things like early voting, mass mail in balloting etc got expanded due to a state of emergency and it clearly worked in Democrats’ favor. Any perceived rollback was going to be met with cries of racism followed by virtue signaling and what amounts to corporate extortion.

I don’t blame Democrats for working the system in 2020 and I don’t blame GA Republicans for reacting to it.

Just for future reference, it doesn't bother me in the least when you call me a moron.
In the PF more so than anywhere, one must always consider the source.

I would never and have never called all republicans morons. Just like Hillary never said they all belong in the basket of deplorables.
You said Reps are increasingly becoming simple minded morons. Sounds pretty all encompassing to me. Go ahead and walk it back though. You insinuating someone else is a moron is rich given the plethora of idiocy you post.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
It not the way it is written:
Poll hours shall not be extended longer than the total amount of time during which persons were unable to vote at such precinct.

That's a biggie.

how are you reading that in a way that says someone who was in line before the polls closed would not be able to vote

There is separate law that if you are there before they close you get to vote - this is dealing with extensions to cover the time voting wasn't available. If voting machines stopped working for 1/2 hour then hours are extended a 1/2 hour and that is the new cut off time for being in line.

Vote in Person on Election Day

"Polling places are open on Election Day from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. If you are in line by 7:00 p.m., you are allowed to cast your ballot."

It’s an issue because in 2020, things like early voting, mass mail in balloting etc got expanded due to a state of emergency and it clearly worked in Democrats’ favor. Any perceived rollback was going to be met with cries of racism followed by virtue signaling and what amounts to corporate extortion.

I don’t blame Democrats for working the system in 2020 and I don’t blame GA Republicans for reacting to it.

Yep - a lot of this too is an attempt to put some rules around all the spur of the moment exceptions created because of the pandemic. The crazy part is even rules that expand access (officially allow drop boxes) are considered restrictive because it's less drop boxes than were free-balled into existence due to a once-a-century pandemic.

If someone gets in line before the polls close, they should be allowed to vote.
This is primarily an issue in high density areas (dem. areas)

They are. Always been that way, just codified it to ensure some renegade county/precinct close.

Because election day sneaks up on people. You never know exactly when it will be.

Exactly. Anybody with half a brain can plan their day around when they want to vote if it's truly important to them. If it's not important enough to you to make you plan accordingly I question whether you really should be voting anyway

Reactions: C-south
It not the way it is written:
Poll hours shall not be extended longer than the total amount of time during which persons were unable to vote at such precinct.

That's a biggie.

This particular language deals with what happens if, for whatever reason, people are unable to vote because of machine issues or whatever. For example, if the polling place is down one hour, then the polling time is extended one hour.

VN Store

Back