Missouri

Um, I already mentioned price way back and they time between stallings and Saban wasn’t 21 damn years.

And even in the down years they went to major bowls so your comparison is mute.

Or why since I graduated and decided the military route. College tuition has gotten out of control. ('84) I'd take the MIL route every time. Below is just from 98 til now.College costs.PNG

I
For sure during the past 15 years. Who hasn’t been better than us? This is the worst run we have had in our history and probably one of the best runs Missouri has ever had. I don’t think the last 15 years defines either program. We are a borderline blue blood and and nobody has expectations that this fiasco will continue long term.
I hope not. Their recruiting classes don't come close. It comes down to player development and coaching. On paper, we should wipe the field with them every year. Hopefully within the next few years they get sent back where they belong, to the bottom of the sec.

Reactions: PhoenixAZVol
I think we still lose to Missouri, UGA, UF, Bama, and quite possibly get upset by BYU. I think we SHOULD win the rest. Conference 4-4, overall 7-5, or 8-4. I think we go bowling.
I agree. Kelly>JG. Mizzou keeps getting handed talented quarterbacks. Until our defense steps up in a big way and we can put up the numbers on offense to keep up, they'll continue to beat us. It sucks, but is what it is.

I think losing to Missouri makes me just as made as losing to Vandy. There is no reason at all why a storied program like Tennessee should ever lose to a football program like Missouri’s. Better recruits and resources. The recent administration and coaches who allowed for us to “play down” to the level of Missouri, Vandy, KY and SC should be fined heavily and to never walk in our campus again. To address you post: I am sad that we are even thinking about whether we have a chance of beating Missouri.

“Storied”?

A lot of fans on here have Stockholm syndrome.

Just weird.
1. Don’t think anybody’s built an alliance with the teams that have beaten the crap out of us for the last several years

2. If you think it’s weird that a lot of us aren’t overly optimistic about our chances this year, where have you been the last decade?

1. Don’t think anybody’s built an alliance with the teams that have beaten the crap out of us for the last several years

2. If you think it’s weird that a lot of us aren’t overly optimistic about our chances this year, where have you been the last decade?

This was geared towards our past AD who has held us hostage yet many fans on here constantly stand up for them and defend them. Classic SH syndrome.

And yes...I know we suck and will suck for atleast the next year if not longer.

“Storied”?
10th winningest D1 program in college football history (838 wins, about 150 more than Mizzou), .675 win %, 6 national titles, one of only 6 SEC teams to win an SEC title since we went to the East/West divisional format, etc, etc. Yes, unlike Missouri, “storied”......not quite at the first tier blueblood level with Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, et al.....but storied nonetheless.

This was geared towards our past AD who has held us hostage yet many fans on here constantly stand up for them and defend them. Classic SH syndrome.

And yes...I know we suck and will suck for atleast the next year if not longer.
People standing up for Currie? Hart? Hamilton? Who?

And if they have, you may be right, there’s no accounting for anything but contempt for Hamilton and Currie for sure. I can cut Hart a little slack, did some decent things.

Reactions: Remy
10th winningest D1 program in college football history (838 wins, about 150 more than Mizzou), .675 win %, 6 national titles, one of only 6 SEC teams to win an SEC title since we went to the East/West divisional format, etc, etc. Yes, unlike Missouri, “storied”......not quite at the first tier blueblood level with Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, et al.....but storied nonetheless.

Think we are right with Michigan and above Notre Dame.

OSU slightly ahead of us cause of their crap conference.

Think we are right with Michigan and above Notre Dame.

OSU slightly ahead of us cause of their crap conference.

Michigan has more wins than any other team in college football history, with 953, 115 more than Tennessee. Ohio State is 2nd all-time with 911, plays in same conference as Michigan. Notre Dame is 6th, has 59 more wins than UT.

I doubt anyone outside of UT fans consider UT’s football program “storied”.

Michigan has more wins than any other team in college football history, with 953, 115 more than Tennessee. Ohio State is 2nd all-time with 911, plays in same conference as Michigan. Notre Dame is 6th, has 59 more wins than UT.

Notre Dave plays no one.
I would never put a team like OSU that was 0-8 against the sec until finally beating bama a few years back ahead of us.

That whole conference is a joke and even under butch we averaged like 25 point victories against the 3 big ten teams we played and are still undefeated against OSU and literally beat the hell out of Michigan last time we played them.

Just because u rack up a bunch of bs wins against Illinois and Indiana doesn’t make you legit. Conference is crap.

There's that word again...."think"

Big ten is a joke.

We blew the three big ten teams away in bowls, are undefeated against OSU, and curb stomped Michigan back last time we played.

Stick us in the big ten and we don’t win less than 9 games at ANY time during the past 20 years.

Michigan has about 20 or more seasons than UT under their belt. They started playing / recording wins earlier than us. I would hope they have more all time wins. Inferior conference inferior competition. Always has been always will be. The only bright spot in 2001 season was taking out our anger on Michigan and embarrassing them. Too bad Manning didn’t get the chance to do the same thing against Brady a few years earlier although he was a backup until after manning left.

Reactions: NEO
I

I hope not. Their recruiting classes don't come close. It comes down to player development and coaching. On paper, we should wipe the field with them every year. Hopefully within the next few years they get sent back where they belong, to the bottom of the sec.

Proud Army wife is my new favorite poster. I have loved all of of her posts so far. She’s not bi-polar like Butchna - some great posts and then he ruins it all by saying positive things about Tom Brady.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Michigan has about 20 or more seasons than UT under their belt. They started playing / recording wins earlier than us. I would hope they have more all time wins. Inferior conference inferior competition. Always has been always will be. The only bright spot in 2001 season was taking out our anger on Michigan and embarrassing them. Too bad Manning didn’t get the chance to do the same thing against Brady a few years earlier although he was a backup until after manning left.

And let’s be honest if OSU and Michigan had played in the SEC the last 30 years neither one would have played for a natty or even been close to being in the mix. I don’t see many seasons where either one would have less than three losses.

Reactions: NEO
I doubt anyone outside of UT fans consider UT’s football program “storied”.
From 1912 through 1976, Tennessee endured just six losing seasons and claimed five national titles. From 1978-2007, the Vols had just four losing seasons with 10 double-digit-win seasons, a national championship and five SEC titles.

I’d say so......certainly before anyone even knew Missouri had a football team.

Notre Dave plays no one.
I would never put a team like OSU that was 0-8 against the sec until finally beating bama a few years back ahead of us.

That whole conference is a joke and even under butch we averaged like 25 point victories against the 3 big ten teams we played and are still undefeated against OSU and literally beat the hell out of Michigan last time we played them.

Just because u rack up a bunch of bs wins against Illinois and Indiana doesn’t make you legit. Conference is crap.

Notre Dame historically plays one of the most competitive schedules annually. You really don't do your homework before spouting off. You should do more reading and less "thinking".

Reactions: BanditVol
Notre Dame historically plays one of the most competitive schedules annually. You really don't do your homework before spouting off. You should do more reading and less "thinking".

Bs....

I do my homework.
Your are just a liar.
Playing one hard team a year like USC is not a hard schedule.
And on the years USC is good Notre Dame gets bent over.

Bs....

I do my homework.
Your are just a liar.
Playing one hard team a year like USC is not a hard schedule.
And on the years USC is good Notre Dame gets bent over.

Saying Notre Dame doesn't have a great tradition is a joke. They for most of the nistory of the MNC, had more national championships than anyone. I think bammer finally caught them under saban, but being no. 2 in national championships is still better than UT. They also have a better win percentage and more victories. And their schedule might have some soft teams, but this season they play Georgia and Michigan in addition to SoCal, and you could throw in Stanford.

Last season they played Stanford when Stanford was ranked no. 7, Michigan, and FSU although FSU was down last year.

Two years ago they played Georgia and Miami when Miami was ranked no. 7 as well as SoCal.

Not that long ago they played OU in Norman and beat them.

So saying they play a soft schedule is BS.

VN Store

Back