Missouri

Can't find much info on them. I was thinking this might be a win since Locke left, but now they've picked up the Sr. transfer from Clemson. Did they have any defections post NCAA sanctions? Did they lose much from last year due to graduation?

Mizzou seems to always field a hard nose football team and the Vols have not been able to match up with them.....let's hope Pruitt can change the Vols from being softies

I think losing to Missouri makes me just as made as losing to Vandy. There is no reason at all why a storied program like Tennessee should ever lose to a football program like Missouri’s. Better recruits and resources. The recent administration and coaches who allowed for us to “play down” to the level of Missouri, Vandy, KY and SC should be fined heavily and to never walk in our campus again. To address you post: I am sad that we are even thinking about whether we have a chance of beating Missouri.
In the years from 2003-2018, Tennessee has gone to 9 bowl games in those 16 seasons. Missouri has gone to 12. They have been the better team for some time.

Reactions: LittleVol
For 7 years now, on balance, Missouri has proven to be a tougher, more hard-nosed, more physical team that has been better coached and that has played with great confidence vs Tennessee. I don’t expect that to change at all in 2019 as they were light years better than us in all those categories and beyond last year. Hopefully we can start to even the score in 2020.

I honestly believe that if we give this current staff time that we will all be happy again. Program was already in desperation when Butchie Boy came to town, and he totally went scorched earth. I swear to God I will kick him square in the nuts if I ever get an opportunity to do so. I will carry a grudge against him to my grave.
They’re gonna get time, 2 more years at least. Better start getting it done by 2020 or we’ll need to crank up yet another search. And, imho, if THIS staff can’t get it turned around, it’ll never happen in my lifetime, because this is an excellent coaching staff.

In the years from 2003-2018, Tennessee has gone to 9 bowl games in those 16 seasons. Missouri has gone to 12. They have been the better team for some time.

For sure during the past 15 years. Who hasn’t been better than us? This is the worst run we have had in our history and probably one of the best runs Missouri has ever had. I don’t think the last 15 years defines either program. We are a borderline blue blood and and nobody has expectations that this fiasco will continue long term.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Trust me if the stadium went empty and the ratings dropped and the merchandise stopped moving then trust me they quickly take notice. 90k seats going empty is a revenue killer. UT must have the revenue to keep the lights on for every other sport but NCAAM.

But it will never happen.

Fans are loyal to a fault sometime. It’s almost like battered wife syndrome.

Sorry, can’t help you guys with that. Love going to Neyland.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
They are one of those weird states; at the south end they talk like hillbillies, and at the north end they sound like yanks.
Oh my God. You just described me. Mother from Canada, Dad from lower Alabama. Southerners think I have a northern accent, Northerners think I have a southern accent. Maybe I should move to central Missouri.

We’re not. Because we don’t love the program enough to withhold our $5 k. #EmptyNeylandForever

Damn! I was getting excited about showing UT how much we all disapprove of Hamilton, Dooley and Butch!! Oh, and we're still not sure about Pruitt, so we might as well be pissed off they didn't ask us before they hired him.

What about Phil, We mad about that too?

Damn! I was getting excited about showing UT how much we all disapprove of Hamilton, Dooley and Butch!! Oh, and we're still not sure about Pruitt, so we might as well be pissed off they didn't ask us before they hired him.

What about Phil, We mad about that too?
As long as that gash is visible on Johnny Majors back...

Reactions: FLVOL_79 and Behr
I think we still lose to Missouri, UGA, UF, Bama, and quite possibly get upset by BYU. I think we SHOULD win the rest. Conference 4-4, overall 7-5, or 8-4. I think we go bowling.

I think we still lose to Missouri, UGA, UF, Bama, and quite possibly get upset by BYU. I think we SHOULD win the rest. Conference 4-4, overall 7-5, or 8-4. I think we go bowling.

Quite optimistic. I don't think we "should" beat USC or Vandy, at this point. Not with our weakest units being both LOSs. We always tout this as a line of scrimmage league, so I think we should be real with ourselves.

Reactions: KBVol
Trust me if the stadium went empty and the ratings dropped and the merchandise stopped moving then trust me they quickly take notice. 90k seats going empty is a revenue killer. UT must have the revenue to keep the lights on for every other sport but NCAAM.

You have to understand that many fans are alumni and go to to thr game regardless of who the coach is. Also, if the stadium did start getting empty and fans and merchandise stopped selling, how is that gonna attract the big time people that would be needed to fix things?

It’s aimple in theory. Everybody stop showing up, the big wigs in Knoxville wake up and poof everything is fixed. It just doesn’t work that way. Recruits would spurn TN and so would the really good coaches. I think it would do irreparable damage to the football program if your scenario played out.

Boycotts work.
Anyone who doesn’t think so just follow the stock market for a second.
Sometimes they cause firings, sometimes they have the reverse like Chick-fil-A and drive revenue....but boycotts move the needle.

TN fans have went public once and got schiano gone but somehow the fans still don’t realize they have power.

They do. Use it.

So you're still on this narrative and boycotts may work for some things, but comparing what they might do to the stock market and UT football is like comparing apples to a dingo. You should bring your boycott signs to gate 21 for the first game and see how many followers you entice to your way of thinking.

So we purposely quit buying vol stuff to punish the admin. Less money for coaches and facilities in order to make us better.
In biology, there are times when it doesn’t serve the parasite well to kill the host.
Personally, not in tune with the “let’s teach ‘em a lesson”. Yes we’ve had a run of bad actors over the last decade. They are gone now. Give the new guys a chance.

A lot of fans on here have Stockholm syndrome.

Just weird.

What is weird is you trying to correlate SHS to fans love of a football program. I don't believe any of us are being held hostage by the program. Just give it up and we'll see you at gate 21 with your picket signs.

VN Store

Back