Missouri

It pisses me off too.
The sooner the majority of fans stop accepting the crap the sooner it will end.
I think Fulmer is the beginning of change but we fans must be vocal and stop accepting mediocrity.

I honestly believe that if we give this current staff time that we will all be happy again. Program was already in desperation when Butchie Boy came to town, and he totally went scorched earth. I swear to God I will kick him square in the nuts if I ever get an opportunity to do so. I will carry a grudge against him to my grave.

Trust me if the stadium went empty and the ratings dropped and the merchandise stopped moving then trust me they quickly take notice. 90k seats going empty is a revenue killer. UT must have the revenue to keep the lights on for every other sport but NCAAM.

But it will never happen.

Fans are loyal to a fault sometime. It’s almost like battered wife syndrome.
Even during the Butch era, we were ranked number 1 with our recruiting budget. Now with Fulmer, you’re seriously stating that REDUCING the money available will HELP? So when he needed to pony up for Chaney, he could justify it by pointing at empty seats...and nonexistent merchandising? Derrick Ansley looking to re-enter the college ranks and we lure him to us with an offer less than what he made at Bama? Say goodbye to Niedermeyer! Reducing fan support ensures we become a mid-major program in perpetuity. Good plan!

On one of the ESPN Sirius stations the other day the host said he had never met anyone as obsessed with football as Jeremy Pruitt, including Saban. It was the guy that does the show with Greg McElroy. I can’t recall his name at the moment. But he said Pruitt is more obsessed with football and winning that anyone he’s ever met. They were actually discussing whether or not Pruitt is too hard on the players. I really think if we give him time we will make our way back but it certainly isn’t a quick fix. As long as we are making steady progress I’ll be good and I believe we will.

Easy solution. Out recruit them. Out coach them. Out play them. Beat them, every damn year, like a red-headed stepchild. Make them look at UT on the schedule, and think, Oh ****. Not again. Like the old days.

Lol.
We are the new Vandy.
We are the pencilled in date for counting victories every school that plays us has, including Vandy.
No one fears us.
They want to play us.
Blow us out by half time and let the starters rest fourth quarter. We are basically a bye week for sec teams at this point.

Lol, don't quit your day job.

Can't find much info on them. I was thinking this might be a win since Locke left, but now they've picked up the Sr. transfer from Clemson. Did they have any defections post NCAA sanctions? Did they lose much from last year due to graduation?

17 Seniors were on team. Losses include 3 OTs, and two starting WRs including 1st or 2nd rounder Emanuel Hall and Nate Brown.

Biggest loss on defense that I can tell is Terry Beckner, 4 DL, 3 DBs, and 3 LBs.

One of the RBs, Damarea Crockett left early. Larry Rountree III is still there.

They get that stud TE Albert Okwuegbunam back from injury though.

Supposedly offense is better designed for Bryant than Lock. We'll see.

I expect them to be slightly worse than last season due to losses of playmakers Lock, Hall, Brown Beckner and Crockett.

Reactions: BACKDOC
Despite the sanctions, Missouri has not lost significant talent to the transfer portal. Playmakers have stayed. Drew Lock is gone, and likely the guy who led Clemson to so many victories, Kelly Bryant takes his place. The Vols play at Mizzou on November 23. Both teams will have gelled. Hopefully, Tennessee will return the favor to Missouri and defeat them on their home field. Doing so would be an undeniable statement of progress for the program.

Even during the Butch era, we were ranked number 1 with our recruiting budget. Now with Fulmer, you’re seriously stating that REDUCING the money available will HELP? So when he needed to pony up for Chaney, he could justify it by pointing at empty seats...and nonexistent merchandising? Derrick Ansley looking to re-enter the college ranks and we lure him to us with an offer less than what he made at Bama? Say goodbye to Niedermeyer! Reducing fan support ensures we become a mid-major program in perpetuity. Good plan!
This over and over.
The issue in the past was we weren't spending money where it needed to be spent. We finally have several at the top willing to spend the money correctly and some poster wants to take away the funds.

Absolutely freaking brilliant.

!

Missouri can't go to a bowl game because of NCAA probation and I think they will limp to a 5-7 record with a 3-5 record in the SEC.
I actually think Missouri will have a very good record because their schedule is as easy as it gets in the SEC. No way they win less than 7 and they could possibly win 9.

I don’t consider our team a joke or the situation funny.

Sorry you do.

Lol.
We are the new Vandy.
We are the pencilled in date for counting victories every school that plays us has, including Vandy.
No one fears us.
They want to play us.
Blow us out by half time and let the starters rest fourth quarter. We are basically a bye week for sec teams at this point.

Trust me if the stadium went empty and the ratings dropped and the merchandise stopped moving then trust me they quickly take notice. 90k seats going empty is a revenue killer. UT must have the revenue to keep the lights on for every other sport but NCAAM.

But it will never happen.

Fans are loyal to a fault sometime. It’s almost like battered wife syndrome.

90k empty seats would be counter productive. It will kill recruiting and keep top notch talent from coming here. I get you were being facetious, but nothing good comes from apathy.

The Lol was in response to the previous comment I was responding to.
You either hsve very poor reading comprehension or just want to cherry pick my stuff but you following me around the site and commenting on every thing I say is just weird.

You are gonna be alright man. Move on.

The Lol was in response to the previous comment I was responding to.
You either hsve very poor reading comprehension or just want to cherry pick my stuff but you following me around the site and commenting on every thing I say is just weird.

You are gonna be alright man. Move on.

I was laughing about my comment about your job. You should have picked up on it. If you think I'm following you, report me, I couldn't care less.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back