MiMi transferring

I am very, very sorry for Evina, Mimi and any other player who transfers. The UTAD fired Holly because she was not getting the job done as a HC following the great Pat Summitt. The transferring players are sending a message that they are not team or school players. What player will transfer from a school that shows it cares about the legacy of its WCBB program? Also, they are unwilling to give the new HC a chance to prove that she can rectify this situation. This is a sad and sorry attitude for a WCBB player to have.

Last edited:
Collins has tremendous talent that has barely been tapped so far and the work ethic to develop into an AA player. This is a huge loss for Tenn, especially when we're so short on posts with game experience.[/QUOTE I loved MiMi and hate to see her go. She will not make any AA team regardless of where she goes. JMHO as always!

I know she is not going there but Indiana State has 0 players right now the last player they had just left and their roster is at 0. so I expect they will be accepting anyone wanting to go there or they may have to cancel basketball next season.
Whats up with IS?

You never want to be that coach following the legend because the expectations are very high. They now have been lowered and Kelly has a good shot a succeeding. Holly seemed to be a good asst. coach but was just not HC material. Not every asst can make that transition especially at a high profile program like the LV's and she was over her head against all the good coaches the SEC has now. Just like Butch J. was over his head coaching in the SEC.

Should change her name to MeMe

What? In your mind is Mimi somehow supposed to set aside her own personal feelings and desires regarding HER college experience so that complete strangers like you don't have to deal with change? LOL!!!!!

Folks, let these young people decide for themselves how they want to live their lives, where they want to live them, and with whom they want to associate. It's beyond ridiculous to expect a kid to stay somewhere they are no longer happy because a bunch of fans think they should just get over their own personal desires and do what they're told. Gawd.

I hate to see her leave. I was excited to see what she was going to bring next season. I enjoyed watching her come in and play tough this past season. Wish her the best as long as its not South Carolina!

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Not surprising. Her dad was on social media months ago saying she was gone if Holly left. If she came here for Holly I have no issue with her leaving. And honestly it would be in the best interest if any other player that feels that way to leave. Purge the program of as much of Holly’s incompetence as possible, IMO.

By far the best of those who have decided to transfer. She ill be missed, however, she can and ill be replaced. If they don't want to be here, we are better off with them gone.

Only she and Westbrook have transferred, and if you think she's better than Westbrook I'm really not sure what to say.

I agree if they don't want to be here they should be gone. I don't think they should be granted automatic waivers, though. I still think a waiver should only be given to an athlete under extenuating circumstances, and a coaching change to me doesn't fit that bill. You ARE signed with the school and program. You should be allowed to go wherever you want but I don't think they should be able to play immediately. This is a good example of "choices have consequences". That includes sitting out a year after you weren't smart enough out of high school to choose to play for a competent coach.

Last edited:
By far the best of those who have decided to transfer. She ill be missed, however, she can and ill be replaced. If they don't want to be here, we are better off with them gone.
I only know that she and westbrook are transferring and mimi will never be the player that evina is. Both are replaceable but hope they are happy and each will disappear from LV hearts forever. I really don't see any reason but selfishness for them to leave their teammates that they chose to play with. Maybe neither like the lifestyle that Kellie and crew embrace! Who know but I say their loss. Have fun ladies!

Last edited:
Reactions: Benionsopinion
I am very, very sorry for Evina, Mimi and any other player who transfers. The UTAD fired Holly because she was not getting the job done as a HC following the great Pat Summitt. The transferring players are sending a message that they are not team or school players. What player will transfer from a school that shows it cares about the legacy of its WCBB program? Also, they are unwilling to give the new HC a chance to prove that she can rectify this situation. This is a sad and sorry attitude for a WCBB player to have.

ok.. And why did Evina cried about a change?

Hiring KJJH will change the culture and the feel of the program, this change may not be what she wants to be a part of. From what I see KJJH is going to be much more regimented than HW ever was. HW earlier in the season made comments on Radio shows and her pressers about how the student athletes had changed since her earlier days when she was an assistant under Pat. HW seemed to have evolved to requiring players to be accountable without the regimentation that Pat used as part of her coaching style. KJJH believes in regimentation and Mimi did not sign on for that style of coaching and I bet that is reason for transferring. Some players are disciplined enough without strict structured regimentation. As soon as our new coach feels comfortable she may require the players to take on more responsibility without so much check and balances coming from her office. She just is not there yet

I know she is not going there but Indiana State has 0 players right now the last player they had just left and their roster is at 0. so I expect they will be accepting anyone wanting to go there or they may have to cancel basketball next season.
Huh?
Indiana State Sycamores on Yahoo! Sports - News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games

No Player Pos Ht Age Yr Hometown 33
Ty Battle
F
6' 1"Sophomore 1VPlainfield (Oswego East)13
Alexis Delgado
G
5' 7"Senior 3VPhoenix (Phoenix College)1
Janara Flowers
G
5' 8"Freshman HSSouthfield (Walled Lake Western)24
Kierra Isaiah
F
6' 0"Senior 3VKansas City (Johnson County CC)5
Maeva Kitantou
G
5' 8"Senior 3VOrleans (Northeast CC)10
Tamara Lee
G
5' 8"23Senior 4VEdmond (Wichita State)3
Ashli O'Neal
G
5' 5"Junior 2VWyoming (Wyoming)11
Krystal Rice
G
5' 8"Sophomore 1VFlint (Flint Hamady)23
Daijah Smith
F
5' 10"Freshman HSGary (Lighthouse College Prep Academy)21
Lynn Tamis
C
6' 3"20Freshman HSAmsterdam (Johan Cruyff College)34
AJ Thomas
F
5' 10"Sophomore 1VDetroit (North Central)14
Tierra Webb
G
5' 7"22Senior 3VRichton Park (Rich South)30
Regan Wentland
F
6' 1"22Senior 3VGreenwood (Center Grove)

That is a much different example though. This is a player who signed to play for a tradition rich school for a coach who had clearly failed. It is much harder to understand why someone would value playing for Holly Warlick so much that they would leave Tennessee over it.... now, if she just doesn't like Kellie Jolly Harper? Then fine...

I know that it's wearying to read through these threads, but my statement wasn't in a vaccuum; it was a response to FlyFishnVol's rhetorical question "are you playing for the school or the coach?" He suggested that you play for the school, not the coach. I found that to be an extreme position, so I gave an extreme example in the other direction; not a parallel situation to Holly and Kellie. I believe players sign with and play for BOTH the coach and the school. Even that doesn't completely cover it. They also sign to play with teammates they hit it off with. Relationships are built with coaches and teammates, not with schools.

So, while your comment was not actually a response to mine, I'll give an answer. The player in question signed with a coach who, at the time of the commitment, was one season out from her third elite eight and in the middle of a 15-0 start. After the round two loss last year, when Holly nearly broke down at the press conference, Mimi posted: "I have the best coach!!! She’s such a strong woman!! I can’t wait to be coach by her"

Her dad said, "She surprised us. We asked her, ‘What is going on with that? What’s up?’ And she said, ‘I don’t get it, Dad. I don’t understand. This lady cannot win for losing. When she doesn’t show emotion, they’re mad. Now, she finally shows emotion, and they’re mad again. I can’t wait to be coached by her because she’s so passionate. She truly cares about winning and losses.’ My wife and I thought it was cool.”

This is a player who wanted to be coached by this particular coach.

disagree, Holly is not Pat, Kellie is not Pat, at the end of the day its the school, if its always the coach, then why wear the orange and white? just wear Holly's favorite color. I am not going to change on this topic, yes a great coach is needed to win games, but at the end of the day if you are only playing for the coach.......I can't see that being enough to be the best you can be.

Strange that you "disagree" with something I didn't say. Where do you get "always the coach"?

You can't tell me you were impressed with the way things were going with the "caliber players" we watched under Holly's term?

No but i knew firing her would have this dominoe effect. I dont think Jolly will be able to recruit at that level with this staff. Horston was a gift i just hope she sticks around during these trying times. What's the deal with Patterson? Or any other Grad transfers?

Here's a scenario.
The last season was hell on wheels and no doubt players was talking smack bout Holly
behind the scenes like Westbrook and others. Needless to say , Collins was on the
opposing side which cause major clashes.
I do remember her being piss with forum
posters and speaking out in support of Holly. Why she loved Holly as coach beats the hell out of me.
But where players may have primary reason to transfer , doesn't mean it's the only reason.

After the round two loss last year, when Holly nearly broke down at the press conference, Mimi posted: "I have the best coach!!! She’s such a strong woman!! I can’t wait to be coach by her"

Her dad said, "She surprised us. We asked her, ‘What is going on with that? What’s up?’ And she said, ‘I don’t get it, Dad. I don’t understand. This lady cannot win for losing. When she doesn’t show emotion, they’re mad. Now, she finally shows emotion, and they’re mad again. I can’t wait to be coached by her because she’s so passionate. She truly cares about winning and losses.’ My wife and I thought it was cool.”

This is a player who wanted to be coached by this particular coach.

I really liked this kid. I liked her attitude. She seemed to ignore all the negative chatter and respect her coach no matter what. She worked hard and was one of the only ones to really show improvement and it paid off. By season end, she was in the starting lineup. I hope she finds a place where she feels like she can thrive.

I hate to see this kid transfer. She was a favorite of mine. The issue I have is when she transfers, she won't be coached by Holly wherever she goes, so why the rush to transfer? Why not give the new coach a shot. You never know, you may end up liking her more than Holly. It just seems like "I'm going to transfer" is just the cool thing to do now without it being based on logic. It's almost like they do it just to see their name back in the news.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back