MiMi transferring

Depends on why they came to Tennessee to start with. I mean, watching Mimi Collins play didn't give me any reason to think that she didn't want to play hard. Her and Burrell were the two players on the team that played hard on every possession. I don't think Mimi was afraid of hard work; I think she just wanted to play for Holly for some reason, and Kellie was unable to change her mind.
I agree she did play hard! But under Holly everybody played! Good or bad productive or unproductive you played! No repercussions for bad play or bad behavior! Either she was scared of her players or best friends with them either way that’s not good! Change is difficult but change is good! Time to recruit kids that buy in!

With Mimi, I had somewhat of a guess of what to expect from her performance in 2019-20. Literally every remaining post player is a big question mark to me. I think a lot depends on a healthy KK and a productive, steady Lou Brown. And can Harris at least give good minutes on defense? She’s been trending that direction but has remained a pretty huge offensive liability.

Can’t wait to see Key and Saunders but it’s pretty rare for freshman posts to be impact players, at UT or anywhere. Last Lady Vol I remember was Bashaara Graves, and she was top 5 in her class.

Once again everyone needs to be caution when it comes to Brown she had ACL injury and only time will tell.

It happens. We pick doctors, lawyers, financial advisors, and everyone else because of relationships. We trust them. Then we ask players to play for “the school.” I get it. I will support my alma mater and institution for as long as I live, probably regardless of any coach. But asking kids to do it goes against what we all do in everyday life.

However, their diploma indicates University of Tennessee, uniform Tennessee, socks, shoes, basketball, tickets etc etc, outside Neyland and Summit, it's ALL Tennessee, not Holly or Phillip University. It;s GBO!, Go Vols, Rocky Top, Smokey, Volunteers, Lady Vols...........the identity is the school, not the player or coach, except for Pat...........she kind of a big deal :), but everyone else is a squirrel looking for a nut.

Reactions: gule
I have no issue with that at all. You sign with the coach AND the school. Somebody who signs with Dean Smith's North Carolina doesn't want to (and shouldn't have to) play for Bill Guthridge's North Carolina.

disagree, Holly is not Pat, Kellie is not Pat, at the end of the day its the school, if its always the coach, then why wear the orange and white? just wear Holly's favorite color. I am not going to change on this topic, yes a great coach is needed to win games, but at the end of the day if you are only playing for the coach.......I can't see that being enough to be the best you can be.

Not surprised she transferred. She did the same thing in High School. No idea whats going on behind the scenes but on the bench she never seemed like she fit in with the team. Good luck to her

disagree, Holly is not Pat, Kellie is not Pat, at the end of the day its the school, if its always the coach, then why wear the orange and white? just wear Holly's favorite color. I am not going to change on this topic, yes a great coach is needed to win games, but at the end of the day if you are only playing for the coach.......I can't see that being enough to be the best you can be.
You're not viewing it through the eyes of a recruited athlete. These athletes aren't just sent brochures and told to "pick the nicest one". It's totally different. All the big schools have great facilities, nice gear, academic support, etc. What's the deciding factor then? Location is a big one for some, but the main one is the relationship with the coaches. While I love UT and will always support my alma mater that doesn't mean I would send my child to UT if there was a better situation out there for them.

These kids bond (or don't) with these coaches long before they have any sort of relationship with the university itself.

These girls who join a team are from all walks of life. They are the same...yet very different. It's the ole.."You never know someone until you live with them " situation. What looks good from a distance becomes much different close up. It becomes better, or worse....but there are divorces every day.....right at 50 % of all marriages....lol....I wish her luck.

Reactions: cutiepie5
This is false.. they not transferring for the same reason.. idk Mimi reason but i know Evina’s and it Wundt correlate to Mimi.. sad to see Mimi leave tho.. she was really blossoming

I know this isn't an English class but WTH is Wundt? Too far away to blame autocorrect and not really a decent abbreviation if you're too lazy to type. Is "Wouldn't" the word you are looking for. Maybe you just had a finger keyboard crash at the last moment before you hit Post.

My main reason for this is to get away from Post # 666, this should get me to 667 :)

In this article, one is led to believe Pat Summitt had Mimi hooked on TN before Mimi ever met Holly.

Chance encounter with Pat Summitt got Mimi Collins hooked on UT Lady Vols
That's what the title infers to get you to click on it. The article though says otherwise.

“It’s funny when you look back at it,” he said. “We never really thought of that piece of it. That was such a far-fetched dream of playing at that level at that age.” Quote from her father in the article.

Reactions: aretha57
However, their diploma indicates University of Tennessee, uniform Tennessee, socks, shoes, basketball, tickets etc etc, outside Neyland and Summit, it's ALL Tennessee, not Holly or Phillip University. It;s GBO!, Go Vols, Rocky Top, Smokey, Volunteers, Lady Vols...........the identity is the school, not the player or coach, except for Pat...........she kind of a big deal :), but everyone else is a squirrel looking for a nut.

What college did you accept your athletic scholarship from, FlyFishnVol? You're so certain that you have it all figured out that I'm now curious which university -- out of the dozens (I'm sure) that offered you scholarships -- was the one that you'd have gone to even if the head coach was fitness celebrity Richard Simmons?

Wrong! The SEC is full of teams with high athletic but low b-ball IQ teams! In this league a team loaded with high IQ and strong fundamentals will be very successful! Structure and fundamentals will always prevail in the women’s game! Of course that means great shooters!
Nope. This isn’t Hoosiers. You need both. MO State would have a losing record in the SEC.

Reactions: volnationnj
Wonder where Mimi will end up? North Carolina needs players......

Good luck to her. Mimi will certainly be missed.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I know this isn't an English class but WTH is Wundt? Too far away to blame autocorrect and not really a decent abbreviation if you're too lazy to type. Is "Wouldn't" the word you are looking for. Maybe you just had a finger keyboard crash at the last moment before you hit Post.

My main reason for this is to get away from Post # 666, this should get me to 667 :)

CHILDISH!!!! Did i spell that correctly? Can you comprehend that? Oh ok.. Good day!!

What college did you accept your athletic scholarship from, FlyFishnVol? You're so certain that you have it all figured out that I'm now curious which university -- out of the dozens (I'm sure) that offered you scholarships -- was the one that you'd have gone to even if the head coach was fitness celebrity Richard Simmons?
Actually UoM, but I am all Vol, born, raised and dedicated to tradition, if you don't like my opinion......ok

If Coach Battle had asked, I would have been the guy who walked behind him with a clip board....to wear the O&W would have been a dream come true.

You're not viewing it through the eyes of a recruited athlete. These athletes aren't just sent brochures and told to "pick the nicest one". It's totally different. All the big schools have great facilities, nice gear, academic support, etc. What's the deciding factor then? Location is a big one for some, but the main one is the relationship with the coaches. While I love UT and will always support my alma mater that doesn't mean I would send my child to UT if there was a better situation out there for them.

These kids bond (or don't) with these coaches long before they have any sort of relationship with the university itself.
I get it, but that is not me or my position on this topic.

I know she is not going there but Indiana State has 0 players right now the last player they had just left and their roster is at 0. so I expect they will be accepting anyone wanting to go there or they may have to cancel basketball next season.

VN Store

Back