MiMi transferring

I’m fine with the transfers. I would rather everyone who doesn’t want to be here leave so Coach Harper can rebuild the program. As we know, Holly could have a team full of All-Americans and it didn’t mean squat. Maybe we’ll be better with what we have by March.

I enjoyed watching Mimi and wish her the best.

I thought Maria and Brian said there wouldn't be more transfers? If they're wrong that just shatters all reality as I know it.

Kellie is really on a roll, who's next.... ?

With Mimi, I had somewhat of a guess of what to expect from her performance in 2019-20. Literally every remaining post player is a big question mark to me. I think a lot depends on a healthy KK and a productive, steady Lou Brown. And can Harris at least give good minutes on defense? She’s been trending that direction but has remained a pretty huge offensive liability.

Can’t wait to see Key and Saunders but it’s pretty rare for freshman posts to be impact players, at UT or anywhere. Last Lady Vol I remember was Bashaara Graves, and she was top 5 in her class.

If this is true, Mimi is transferring for the same reason that Evina transferred. They came to UT to play for Holly because she promised them a free hand as to how to play their position. Unfortunately for Holly and Evina and possibly for Mimi, this free or hands off style of coaching is the main reason why Holly failed as a head coach.
This is false.. they not transferring for the same reason.. idk Mimi reason but i know Evina’s and it Wundt correlate to Mimi.. sad to see Mimi leave tho.. she was really blossoming

I
The new staff is walking into a mess. Hopefully the others stay so we can field a team.
this happens tho wen new coaches come aboard.. i had already heard that another player was thinking about leaving after Evina but i didn’t think it was Mimi... i heard also that another player has been debating it a lot.. so don’t b surprise if there’s another transfer..

Reactions: cutiepie5
Well I said it before these kids knew coming in that they were not going to be challenged in practices or in games under Holly. They knew it and that was actually a big appeal to them. Free reign! No hard work no discipline and no structure. 4 easy years! New Coach now who demands all of these things so expect 1-2 more to leave. Tear down to rebuild.

Buh buh bye.........this is an issue I have had, are you playing for the school or the coach? either you are a Vol or a Hol...............sorry, couldn't resist.

It happens. We pick doctors, lawyers, financial advisors, and everyone else because of relationships. We trust them. Then we ask players to play for “the school.” I get it. I will support my alma mater and institution for as long as I live, probably regardless of any coach. But asking kids to do it goes against what we all do in everyday life.

There is another player who was considering transferring. Things seemed to have settled, but now that Mimi will be exploring other options, another player could decide to do the same. Sometimes, things domino. Wonder if Mimi is definitely leaving? Kellie seems to have an all-in or out mentality, so her mind may be made up. Mimi was a good player, and we needed her. Very unfortunate.

Is there somewhere to see what the current roster for 2019 looks like (minus transfers plus new class)

I assume we add some grad transfers, but we will need a huge recruiting class in 2020 assuming we take grad seniors to fill experience.

I sure wish this was early November when everything will be settled and we can just be excited about the first exhibition game coming up. Hell, it may be wise to take a break from message boards and start back for the season. Some of the posters here enjoy getting to ridicule the program and the new staff just a little too much. :(

It's a shame. I thought the last month or so that Collins had the light go on in regards to P5 BB. Oh well, as CJP says (sort of)- Don't worry about the ones you lose, coach the ones you have.
The off season work may have shown a future MMC didn't want. Good luck.....Good bye

VN Store

Back