Miltons future?

CJH thought he was good enough to be the starter when the season began. He has talent but made a few mistakes. He may need to play enough to get settled down. If Hook leaves he may surprise us next year. We have the right guy in place to coach him.

I’m just curious, and this is a serious question-why does everyone think that he has sky high potential? Where does this belief come from?
Much like JG - he does not have sky high potential - if he did, we would have seen some of it in the first 4 years that he has been a college quarterback.

My thing was Milton has had 3 years at 2 of the richest Sports driven Universities in the Nation. All the resources that you ever needed with access to QB guru's etc.. If I'm him I hang in there but on the outside looking in, I just don't think he will ever be a difference-maker at a major P5 program. I think he has the yips and his style he needs to have more Tim Tebow in him when he runs but looks like Tarzan runs like Jane. He turns his back on most runs and prepares himself to absorb a hit.
If he had come from a University (lower level) I would have a different feel but the Michigan people I talked to said they were all in until they just weren't.

I was watching him close during warm-ups. He has an absolute rifle for an arm. He was flinging it 50 yards like I would 10 yards.
Yes, he’s got one of the best arms I’ve seen. But he’s like a pitcher with a 110 mph fastball that can’t find the strike zone. It’s very unfortunate for him.

Physically he may be the mosy gifted guy we have seen here. Since '89 i dont think we have had one guy that can unload it like Milton.

However, if he doesnt get some help from a sports psychologists he is likely never going to reach his.potential.

IMO of course

I agree, he needs to work on the mental aspects of his game. It could be the difference between moving on without football, or making millions in the pros. I do wonder, with his physical capabilities, if he could convert to TE. It is just a shame to waste his talent.

I agree with others though, I'm just not sure it is worth the risks for Tennessee to keep trotting him out there, after this season is over. He needs to show mental improvement or move on to somewhere/something else.

I occasionally catch footage of some of those offbeat competitions where people throw various things like washing machines and stuff. I’m sure there is some Irishman someplace who can throw a football from the power T into the river, but that guy isn’t being courted to play QB. Was Milton a similar project to Kongbo, or Tacko Fall, or one of those track guys who they occasionally try to teach to catch and run routes? I’m literally not being an ass on purpose, I am genuinely interested as to what his appeal was back in high school. I’m not seeing anything in him other than a guy who doesn’t miss a rep in the weight room. No other real QB traits, other than he can throw it a mile. His path to being a starting QB at two historically great schools is a curiosity to me at least.
Best post on here...with a understanding and questioning to not hurt these little pansies lol.

Reactions: Fightmaker
I occasionally catch footage of some of those offbeat competitions where people throw various things like washing machines and stuff. I’m sure there is some Irishman someplace who can throw a football from the power T into the river, but that guy isn’t being courted to play QB. Was Milton a similar project to Kongbo, or Tacko Fall, or one of those track guys who they occasionally try to teach to catch and run routes? I’m literally not being an ass on purpose, I am genuinely interested as to what his appeal was back in high school. I’m not seeing anything in him other than a guy who doesn’t miss a rep in the weight room. No other real QB traits, other than he can throw it a mile. His path to being a starting QB at two historically great schools is a curiosity to me at least.

So you are calling our HC an idiot for naming him the starting QB after the fall competition? And for keeping him squarely at number 2 when a five star was also standing on the sideline. Just does not compute he does not have the potential. He might never realize it, but coach has to see something.

So you are calling our HC an idiot for naming him the starting QB after the fall competition? And for keeping him squarely at number 2 when a five star was also standing on the sideline. Just does not compute he does not have the potential. He might never realize it, but coach has to see something.
I don’t think I called anyone an idiot. I’m just asking what people see in Milton. Just because I don’t see it, doesn’t mean that he isn’t lighting it up every time he gets on the field.

VN Store

Back