Milton named starter

Wizard? Seems kinda foolish to label him that, unless you think UCF is a powerhouse.

It's not strange that I had to explain that

Ah, that explains why David Cutcliffe is considered such a QB guru…it’s because Duke is a powerhouse.

The disconnect some of y’all exhibit between discerning one fact pattern and its corresponding (or non-corresponding) fact patterns is staggering.

He’s a QB guru because…stay with me here…he has a tremendous track record of producing elite QBs at every stop. I know. Mind blown.

Attachments

• 58EE79D4-F932-406E-9425-B76F4BAD7D93.jpeg
    58EE79D4-F932-406E-9425-B76F4BAD7D93.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 33
Ah, that explains why David Cutcliffe is considered such a QB guru…it’s because Duke is a powerhouse.

The disconnect some of y’all exhibit between discerning one fact pattern and its corresponding (or non-corresponding) fact patterns is staggering.

He’s a QB guru because…stay with me here…he has a tremendous track record of producing elite QBs at every stop. I know. Mind blown.

LoL. I think Cut had a track record b4 he landed at Duke. Plus he did it at a high level. It's not that hard to understand for most.

LoL. I think Cut had a track record b4 he landed at Duke. Plus he did it at a high level. It's not that hard to understand for most.

And Heupel had a track record before he landed at UCF. But I guess we’re applying different standards.

How many Heisman winners has Cutcliffe coached? How many all-time SEC single season passing TD leaders has he coached? Looks like Heupel has him beat in both categories. But I guess that’s not “high level.”

Except you reversed the logic . Cut coached Heath Shuler, Peyton Manning, Tee Martin, Eli Manning, Erik Ainge ( all very good to excellent college QBs ) before he went to Duke . CJH is making his head coaching debut in the big league ( SEC ) and doesn't have that resume yet . Not saying he won't ...just lacks the body of work. So it really isnt apples to oranges to compare the two at this point

Except you reversed the logic . Cut coached Heath Shuler, Peyton Manning, Tee Martin, Eli Manning, Erik Ainge ( all very good to excellent college QBs ) before he went to Duke . CJH is making his head coaching debut in the big league ( SEC ) and doesn't have that resume yet . Not saying he won't ...just lacks the body of work. So it really isnt apples to oranges to compare the two at this point

lol
You can add Andy Kelly to Cut's list too.

If Milton is JH's long-haul choice then going to support it.

Reactions: majic73 and TC 83
Bailey hasn't been given a fair shake to improve....has he practiced with the 1's at all? If you practice with the 3's you will not get better...in fact, you probably get worse. I hope HB sticks around.
You have to practice well enough to get time with the #1’s. It’s all on Bailey and not the coaches.

lol
You can add Andy Kelly to Cut's list too.

If Milton is JH's long-haul choice then going to support it.

I did forget about Andy . A workman QB that Cut did an excellent job with. I have not ruled Milton out in my mind ...there is still time for him. He has just not showed me that hei is " that guy " yet/

Reactions: Cobb-Webb 1989
You have to practice well enough to get time with the #1’s. It’s all on Bailey and not the coaches.
Have you seen Milton and / or Hooker? They can't hit the broadside of a barn over 15 yards. The big difference is they have wheels where HB is not so fast. Eventually Defenses start "spying" the mobile QB and its a moot point.....just my $0.02.

Reactions: Sara Clark
ALL of those names ceptin Eli were COACHED as an OC. Heupel has a storied history as well with White, Bradford, Landry and Locke…amongst others. Two Heismans in that list. That’s a RESUME.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

Um…yes he does have that resume. See the attached graphic. He’s developed QBs as an assistant at big time schools/conferences as well as or better than Cut did as an assistant. At this point, how does anyone not know this resume?

Attachments

• 313E0354-5B7E-477D-AA32-60D1ABD2D27E.jpeg
    313E0354-5B7E-477D-AA32-60D1ABD2D27E.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: butchna
Have you seen Milton and / or Hooker? They can't hit the broadside of a barn over 15 yards. The big difference is they have wheels where HB is not so fast. Eventually Defenses start "spying" the mobile QB and its a moot point.....just my $0.02.
Hooker was productive and made some good passes including one touchdown the UT announcers said was near perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: LargeOrange1
And Heupel had a track record before he landed at UCF. But I guess we’re applying different standards.

How many Heisman winners has Cutcliffe coached? How many all-time SEC single season passing TD leaders has he coached? Looks like Heupel has him beat in both categories. But I guess that’s not “high level.”
LOL. Heupel coaches Heisman winners. Cutcliffe coaches QB's drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft (including 2 overall #1 picks). If you're a QB, would you rather win the Heisman, or make a boatload of cash?

Hooker was prodive and made some good passes including one touchdown the UT announcers said was near perfect.
Agree....he also missed some wide open shots. I am certainly no coach and do not know much about X's & O's.....I am just tired of losing to NON-CUPCAKE teams.

LOL. Heupel coaches Heisman winners. Cutcliffe coaches QB's drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft (including 2 overall #1 picks). If you're a QB, would you rather win the Heisman, or make a boatload of cash?

Both of your posts are missing my point. Cutcliffe is absolutely a QB guru. I was responding to someone who said that Heupel isn't a QB Guru because UCF isn't a powerhouse. As if those two things are related. Duke is not a powerhouse, but Cut is still a QB Guru. So is Heupel in developing 2 Heisman winners in White and Bradford, an all-time top 5 passer in Landry Jones, and the SEC's all-time TD single-season leader in Drew Lock. That doesn't even include the 2 UCF guys.

I really wish people would stop bringing up all the transfers that left etc. everybody knows TN is like a “dirty gash” for players leaving to go to another school. It’s not CJH’s fault all of those kids transferred. Get over it. They are gone. It is what it is. Tennessee still has to field a team regardless. Yes. CJH inherited a terrible situation (at best, no other way to describe it). Tennessee isn’t very good. Plain and simple, although we as fans should support the remaining players as most seem to give there all for Tennessee. That’s all we can ask for at this point in time. The kids are playing there hearts out. I noticed this against Pitt. I was actually impressed with the effort. Hadn’t seen that in a long time, and I thought it was a welcomed sight. Shades of the past sorta for me anyway. Now as far as JM or HH. I will try my very best to support whoever CJH sends out. Although I believe HB is by far the best passer on the team. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it. The dual threat QB I understand CJH wants a mobile QB. It adds another threat that’s basically undefendable. Granted though, and just keep reading before y’all crucify me. If the defense is forced to respect the QB’s arm and has a legitimate shot at connecting on the pass plays over 20 yards (like 65% completion, I know that’s a stretch, our QB’s are 0 for forever here, so they are basically no threat at all) the QB doesn’t have to be near as much of a running threat, and the defense is forced to change there approach, and the QB health is in most instances guaranteed to last a little longer. Just my take. This team has issues from the O-line on down on the offense. The D I’ve actually thought has played pretty well. Special teams too. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with those 2 units. If JM is the guy, he’s going to have to learn how to pass the ball with touch, know when he has to zip it, and know when he has to throttle it back for his guy, and know when to just simply put some air under it and let his guy make a play on the ball. HH is similar I think, although he doesn’t seem to have the cannon like JM does. That cannon arm is 100% useless when u continuously miss your guys by 10 yards overthrown or over there heads, or it’s bounced off there pads because he threw it 100mph when they were 3 yards apart. Just my take. That’s how I feel based on what little football I’ve got to watch this year. Maybe it’s not a fair assessment, but based on live game reps, that’s what I’ve personally seen. Granted, I’m not a coach, but I have a little more than basic knowledge of the game. Having said all this. I hope we donkey stomp the gators Saturday. My heart says go vols, my brain says it’s gonna be a long day for the boys in orange/white. What the hell. Go vols!!!!!!!!

I saw a tweet from a Vol sports writer that said Milton was starting but I can’t find it anywhere and don’t remember who said it

I really wish people would stop bringing up all the transfers that left etc. everybody knows TN is like a “dirty gash” for players leaving to go to another school. It’s not CJH’s fault all of those kids transferred. Get over it. They are gone. It is what it is. Tennessee still has to field a team regardless. Yes. CJH inherited a terrible situation (at best, no other way to describe it). Tennessee isn’t very good. Plain and simple, although we as fans should support the remaining players as most seem to give there all for Tennessee. That’s all we can ask for at this point in time. The kids are playing there hearts out. I noticed this against Pitt. I was actually impressed with the effort. Hadn’t seen that in a long time, and I thought it was a welcomed sight. Shades of the past sorta for me anyway. Now as far as JM or HH. I will try my very best to support whoever CJH sends out. Although I believe HB is by far the best passer on the team. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it. The dual threat QB I understand CJH wants a mobile QB. It adds another threat that’s basically undefendable. Granted though, and just keep reading before y’all crucify me. If the defense is forced to respect the QB’s arm and has a legitimate shot at connecting on the pass plays over 20 yards (like 65% completion, I know that’s a stretch, our QB’s are 0 for forever here, so they are basically no threat at all) the QB doesn’t have to be near as much of a running threat, and the defense is forced to change there approach, and the QB health is in most instances guaranteed to last a little longer. Just my take. This team has issues from the O-line on down on the offense. The D I’ve actually thought has played pretty well. Special teams too. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with those 2 units. If JM is the guy, he’s going to have to learn how to pass the ball with touch, know when he has to zip it, and know when he has to throttle it back for his guy, and know when to just simply put some air under it and let his guy make a play on the ball. HH is similar I think, although he doesn’t seem to have the cannon like JM does. That cannon arm is 100% useless when u continuously miss your guys by 10 yards overthrown or over there heads, or it’s bounced off there pads because he threw it 100mph when they were 3 yards apart. Just my take. That’s how I feel based on what little football I’ve got to watch this year. Maybe it’s not a fair assessment, but based on live game reps, that’s what I’ve personally seen. Granted, I’m not a coach, but I have a little more than basic knowledge of the game. Having said all this. I hope we donkey stomp the gators Saturday. My heart says go vols, my brain says it’s gonna be a long day for the boys in orange/white. What the hell. Go vols!!!!!!!!

Tennessee has more talent than 9 teams on the schedule.

Nobody said Tennessee doesn’t have talent on the team. However, all these people using all the transfers as a excuse for losing is complete BS. They have to field a team, and try to be as competitive as they can, in the toughest leaGue in all of college football. No big task there right? Yea. Right. Bet you money no other coaches are feeling sorry for UT having to deal with all the transfers and other BS that’s happened either. That’s a fact. They have talent, I agree. They are very young and thin in depth at some positions also. In my opinion, it would be hard to build a quality offense around a guy that throws like Edward Scissorhands. JM has a cannon. No denying it. Not him or even god knows where it’s going though. How does that help you? HH seems like CJH might have earned the starting job, I personally don’t know. Don’t have any insider access and never claimed to. I didn’t get to watch HB the last game, although from what I’ve read he didn’t look very good at all. I was kinda surprised from what I read, but maybe he really is struggling with the new system, I don’t know.

VN Store

Back