Milton named starter

Um…yes he does have that resume. See the attached graphic. He’s developed QBs as an assistant at big time schools/conferences as well as or better than Cut did as an assistant. At this point, how does anyone not know this resume?

So Jason White was at Oklahoma from 1999-2004. Hype became a grad assistant briefly in 2004 , he then went Arizona as a TE coach and came back to OK in 2006 . Sam Bradford's big year was about knocking down tomato cans , until he played the Gators where he could only muster 14 points. It is alot different to throw up 65 points against Western Tulsa School for blind children, and the late 90s early 00's Big 12 than it was to face a top tear SEC school. The same formula holds true for Lock who would lose a 4 or5 games a year and then pad the stats against the unfortunates. Most dont even credit Landry Jones success to Hype . I wont even address the mid major fellas.

It seems you have taken a factually erroneous meme that that provides credit for 1 QB that wasn't even really associated Hype on a coach level , does not look remotely at the story inside the states. Maybe we too can have a QB that runs up stats on cupcakes and flails miserably against quality defenses . The issue is , we play 4-6 quality defenses a year and usually 2 of those are world beaters. Perhaps we can have a Landry Jones esk QB . I will say it again , the SEC caliber QBs on the list are head and shoulders above the stat padded also rans from a now defunct weak sister conference.

Because our offense is dependent on the long ball and Milton is the only one who has the arm to do it. He also runs the offense faster and more efficiently. Imagine you're a DC and you see this guy who can throw it 60yds with a flick and you know the scheme will get guys open. It only takes 1 big play to break a game open and they'll respect the pass because of it. Yes... he's missed too many throws, he was also on the money to Hyatt and other throws that were dropped. A DC sees that. Milton is the best chance to make dramatic improvement.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan
Milton is a multi-dimensional QB. He has the ability to make things happen. Not saying he will but, I think just the sheer fact that he can scramble, run and toss the pigskin 200 yards on a rope flat footed is why Coach Mott the Heupel is standing behind him, that is, till at least the second quarter. Go Vols
Gave a like for the Mott moniker.

So Jason White was at Oklahoma from 1999-2004. Hype became a grad assistant briefly in 2004 , he then went Arizona as a TE coach and came back to OK in 2006 . Sam Bradford's big year was about knocking down tomato cans , until he played the Gators where he could only muster 14 points. It is alot different to throw up 65 points against Western Tulsa School for blind children, and the late 90s early 00's Big 12 than it was to face a top tear SEC school. The same formula holds true for Lock who would lose a 4 or5 games a year and then pad the stats against the unfortunates. Most dont even credit Landry Jones success to Hype . I wont even address the mid major fellas.

It seems you have taken a factually erroneous meme that that provides credit for 1 QB that wasn't even really associated Hype on a coach level , does not look remotely at the story inside the states. Maybe we too can have a QB that runs up stats on cupcakes and flails miserably against quality defenses . The issue is , we play 4-6 quality defenses a year and usually 2 of those are world beaters. Perhaps we can have a Landry Jones esk QB . I will say it again , the SEC caliber QBs on the list are head and shoulders above the stat padded also rans from a now defunct weak sister conference.

Heupel was a GA in 2003 and specifically assigned to White because White had been his backup. White himself has given Heupel credit for his development.

As for the rest, if you need to marginalize the rest, go ahead. It looks ridiculous.

Reactions: butchna
HERE IS WHY YOU START MILTON:

Plain and simple, when/if things go south to Milton, Hooker provides a spark and new offensive life off of the bench. If Hooker starts, has a couple turnovers, and they have to bring Milton in off the bench, the dynamic of the improvised playmaking ability is lost.

Milton should be QB1, assuming both are healthy. Hooker QB1 (B)

HERE IS WHY YOU START MILTON:

Plain and simple, when/if things go south to Milton, Hooker provides a spark and new offensive life off of the bench. If Hooker starts, has a couple turnovers, and they have to bring Milton in off the bench, the dynamic of the improvised playmaking ability is lost.

Milton should be QB1, assuming both are healthy. Hooker QB1 (B)

In doing so, you risk digging a hole, that Hooker can't dig you out of, like what happened against Pitt.

This time it will be worse though, as Florida is considerably better as a whole than Pitt.

Last edited:

I just checked in for the first time this week and this is the first post I read. I don’t know who you’re debating or why as I haven’t read the posts yet. Just wanted to say I like the cut of your jab sir. I see actual data in your post refuting what we’ve all been told so far. I’m going to drink another cold Natty in your honor and grill some Filets. Cheers to you.

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

I mean… there’s tons of factors at play here, and I don’t wanna harp on Milton or anything.

— but —

The deep ball thing is a problem. He seems more accurate on the short-to-intermediate routes, so maybe scheme around it?

I just don’t see how you can take the job from Hooker right now. He’s just gotta lose it, to lose it. If that makes sense.

So true. Butch Jones played Worley over dobbs and then Hurd over kamara. Pruitt played JG over everyone refusing to realize how bad JG was and have anything that resembled a competition for the job. The idea that a fan (that’s loved and been around football their whole life) is incapable of making any sort of reasonable observation is a joke. The idiot fans are usually the ones say “if you’re so smart why aren’t you the coach”. Lol. Time will tell if heupel is right with Milton. Personally I’m not a fan of the guy. He’s a career .500 completion percentage. It seems to me he’s gotten a ridiculous amount of opportunities to play based simply on the fact that he can throw a football 10 yards farther than anyone else…which is almost completely meaningless. It’s like a basketball coach playing a guy that can’t shoot or handle the ball that well (over other more talented kids) because that can jump higher and throw some the occasional monster dunk. It just doesn’t matter.

I'm rooting for Bailey. But the reality is, JG was probably the best of a very bad QB room.

HB has shown nothing in games to suggest that he's the answer. And oddly enough, every person that sees him daily has him at #2 or #3 on the depth chart. Don't you think, just maybe, there's a reason for that?

JH doesn’t have much faith in HB right now and I’m not sure HB can be a winning QB in the SEC……… think how long it’s been since Tennessee had a very good QB

VN Store

Back