Millennials in the Workforce, A Generation of Weakness - Simon Sinek

The annoying things Millennials do are started, in large part, by the digital native crowd (1995 and later). The annoying slang, speech patterns, etc. come from them. The genesis of a lot of it isn't even with Millennials; it's Valley Girl talk from the 1980s.

Older Millennials and the rest of society then pick up on it. That's how you end up with some 35-year-old men saying "like" every other word and uptalk.

Slang comes from pop culture and has been changing with the times since the beginning of pop culture.

Thing is, most people get locked into their time capsule of pop culture in highschool. Even then those people grow out of youthful vernacular by the time they are 30ish.

Thankfully I don’t hear people my age saying things like “That’s so cool .... NOT!” or “Truuuuuue” like EVERYONE used to talk when I was in highschool.

The negative connotation of Millennial is just a generic why to describe annoying things young people are doing.

Yeah, the more I read this thread the more I’m convinced of what I already felt, that generation labels are nothing more than marketing for a whole industry cashing in on the timeless, universal disdain for “kids these days”. Because you know what? Yes, Millennials suck. And so do Boomers and Xers and Yers and Zers and even the Greatest F***ing Generation. They all suck except for the one you’re a part of (except the GG if you’re a Boomer).

Whatever generation is yours, I don’t get you if I didn’t grow up with you. Because different things mattered when I was figuring s*** out. Because I grew up having to go outside and turn the aerial antenna a little bit to get the picture right when I changed the TV channel to one of the other three and now I have to understand why my kids want every other thought they have to be shared with all their friends plus God and Russia through their freakin devices.

So you younger G’s suck now. And the older G’s already sucked. Unless — unless I let it occur to me that we’re all just trying to figure out our way through life in rapidly changing times, and the people who came before me didn’t get MTV any more than I get Instagram and I didn’t leave high school wondering if I was headed for Nam, or knowing I was headed to a coerced college education without a VoTech option.

Ohhh, I done went and had a rant.

Reactions: 2 people
37412608_10216785400971459_6799963162725580800_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

I’m sure Fox News didn’t sensationalize “outrage” at all.

Let’s see. The “angry” comments quoted in the article were by a non-Millenial and a 21 year old who “chuckled” in his response.

The backlash on Twitter was swift, criticizing the post for its insensitivity and thoughtlessness.

One tweet read: “As a non-millennial, I think your copy was supposed to read, ‘Riverwalk Stadium will have a condescending promo intended to ensure millennials never visit again.’”

Dallas Godshall, 21, said he expects attendance to decline after the advertising. “I’m not gonna go to it, so it didn’t work on me,” he chuckled. “More than targeting millennials, it’s sort of targeting older generations who like to make fun of millennials and like to say that millennials don’t like working and don’t like caring for themselves.”

Though for every angry comment, another appears to fire back in defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I’m sure Fox News didn’t sensationalize “outrage” at all.

Let’s see. The “angry” comments quoted in the article were by a non-Millenial and a 21 year old who “chuckled” in his response.

You didn’t even read the article. Yo can educate yourself further if you checked out biscuit baseball on twitter.

Well, it was just an exaggerated, made up number, but my point is that the demographics of baseball fans are a big cause for concern.

Baseball has the oldest viewers of the top major sports, with 50% of its audience 55 or older (up from 41% a decade ago), according to Nielsen ratings. The average age of baseball viewers is 53, compared with 47 for the NFL and 37 for the NBA, according to the ratings. And fewer young people are playing the sport: The number of people between the ages of 7 and 17 playing baseball in the U.S. decreased by 41% from 9 million in 2002 to 5.3 million in 2013.

Why the biggest battle in Major League Baseball is happening off the field - MarketWatch

Last edited:
There are plenty of jobs where you can work 3-4 days a week and still receive compensation equal to a 9-5 five days a week gig. Often, to take advantage you have to be willing to work nights and weekends.

VN Store

Back