Military History

Toujours Pret

Still on the Lane Train
Will have to definitely watch that, will be like going back 25 years when studying regimental history for promotion board.
Met an old guy maybe 6 years ago with an 82nd hat, asked what regiment he was with as grandpa jumped Normandy with 508.

He was a pathfinder with 504, the pathfinders were pulled from the regiment in Italy to jump Normandy. He had 4 arrowhead pins on his wallet, doubt there's anyone with more. Assume he's passed now but that was a great 15 minute talk.

tntar heel

Met an old guy maybe 6 years ago with an 82nd hat, asked what regiment he was with as grandpa jumped Normandy with 508.

He was a pathfinder with 504, the pathfinders were pulled from the regiment in Italy to jump Normandy. He had 4 arrowhead pins on his wallet, doubt there's anyone with more. Assume he's passed now but that was a great 15 minute talk.
The first day I got to Bragg, called my grandfather from a payphone in front JFK Special Warfare Museum. I was describing smoke bomb hill to him, he walked the same streets some 40+ years prior. Must have spent $20 on my calling card with him that day (a lot of money for an E-1 back then). Then went to general Jackson's and got him a pair of Silver Wings to replace one's stolen while he was in Korea. Some of the best times I had at Bragg were during All-American week. The old-timers would come in and to get and talk with them was priceless.

VN Store

Sponsors