Mike leach called Pruitt's hiring a coup d'é·tat

You are wrong....just sayn

Boosters would tolerate his quirky behavior because UT would be winning a lot of games and competing in every game, even against Alabama. Everyone in the media is sleeping on MSU this season, but they are going to be a very good football team.

Either way its a moot point now thanks to Fulmer

Not sure how you know Fulmer himself shot down the hire but it dosen't seem like they would get along. Their public personalities are very different.

My guess is the revolt scared leach as much or more than Fulmer wouldn't want him as coach.

Miss. State 2020 SEC Record and Tennessee Record are the exact same an unimpressive 3-7.
Bamma beat both teams by 5+ touchdowns

Both teams lost to Arkansas

Miss. State only beat Vandy by a touchdown

Miss. State kept the A&M and Ga. game closer than U.T

Lost to rival Ole miss in the Egg bowl.

Please don't try to tell me the 2 point win over Tulsa in the Armed Forces bowl makes Leach our savior.

Really nothing to write home about Leach in the SEC.

I stand by my original statement, both parties benefited by Leach staying away. His football philosophy and personality wouldn't fit at U.T. and so far no evidence that his win column would override anything.

I guess we will see what next year brings, then you might have a valid or supported argument.

Actually the refs cost us that 2006 Florida andLSU games. Should’ve won them both.
How did the refs cost us the UF game? Yes the call on Mapu that negated the pick six was big, but Florida had a touchdown called back on a bs block on the back call. I think being held to -11 rushing yards was the biggest reason Tennessee lost.

Reactions: onevol74
How did the refs cost us the UF game? Yes the call on Mapu that negated the pick six was big, but Florida had a touchdown called back on a bs block on the back call. I think being held to -11 rushing yards was the biggest reason Tennessee lost.
Because that BS call in Maputo kept us from going up 24-7 and Florida would not have come back.

Because that BS call in Maputo kept us from going up 24-7 and Florida would not have come back.
The pick six would have made it 17-7. The previous possession UF got screwed out of a touchdown when Brandon James had a punt return called back on a bs block in the back call. Both teams got screwed out of a touchdown in the span of two minutes. The reason Tennessee lost was because they were completely manhandled at the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: onevol74
Not sure how you know Fulmer himself shot down the hire but it dosen't seem like they would get along. Their public personalities are very different.

My guess is the revolt scared leach as much or more than Fulmer wouldn't want him as coach.

Miss. State 2020 SEC Record and Tennessee Record are the exact same an unimpressive 3-7.
Bamma beat both teams by 5+ touchdowns

Both teams lost to Arkansas

Miss. State only beat Vandy by a touchdown

Miss. State kept the A&M and Ga. game closer than U.T

Lost to rival Ole miss in the Egg bowl.

Please don't try to tell me the 2 point win over Tulsa in the Armed Forces bowl makes Leach our savior.

Really nothing to write home about Leach in the SEC.

I stand by my original statement, both parties benefited by Leach staying away. His football philosophy and personality wouldn't fit at U.T. and so far no evidence that his win column would override anything.

I guess we will see what next year brings, then you might have a valid or supported argument.
comparing UT to MSU in 2020 is apples and oranges. Pruitt been here, Leach brand new.

I thought it was common knowledge that Fulmer usurped the Leach hire.

Either way its a moot point now. But again, Leach's football team is going to shut people up starting this year.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Yep, we already had a 3-7 season, just like Miss State.
UT with a coach that already had his system and players fully installed against MSU with a brand new system and half his team gone due to covid and transfers. Not the same.

Either way, we shall see.

On one hand I didn't like Currie

But on the other he made some great hires like Barnes, Vitello one of the Lady Vols Coaches (forgot sport).

Leech would have been a good hire that would have been an offensive minded coach at the same time that bamer, Florida and LSU were heading that way, recognizing the shift in tectonic plates regarding Offense Wins Championships.
Leach is a d'imbe'cile

On one hand I didn't like Currie

But on the other he made some great hires like Barnes, Vitello one of the Lady Vols Coaches (forgot sport).

Leech would have been a good hire that would have been an offensive minded coach at the same time that bamer, Florida and LSU were heading that way, recognizing the shift in tectonic plates regarding Offense Wins Championships.
Dave Hart hired Rick Barnes, not Currie.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I think we were the lucky ones. We would be in a much worse situation than we are now.
Dude’s cooky for sure, but he would’ve driven the bus to the next stop. Pruitt drove the bus right off the highway, past the guardrails, and straight off the cliff.

He was spot on. That whole **** show was the most embarrassing thing ever. Lost all respect for Fulmer. Karma is a beatch, was so happy when they fired him as AD.
His coaching hire was just putrid. There was no way in hades that Pruitt was going to take us anywhere.

Cannot verify but people on twitter are talking about him saying this today on media days, Thoughts?

I'm glad we avoided Leach. I thought he was an intriguing option until I saw the classless way his team behaved in the bowl game and he defended it. It was an embarrassing display of sportsmanship if you don't remember. Thug U!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back