'20 MI OL Justin Rogers (Kroger Field, folks)

Most important loss in our lifetime.... Phil said it led to the way they trained our team bc he didn’t want to get physically dominated again.
Most important loss of our lifetime was 2001 SEC Championship. Still trying to recover from it. In my humble opinion.

It was a horrible loss, way worse than GSU this year; but, most important...I have to go 2001 SEC Championship.

It was certainly the most expensive loss. Hard to believe that the win the week before as a19 point dog actually cost us 2 million dollars.

It was a horrible loss, way worse than GSU this year; but, most important...I have to go 2001 SEC Championship.
Sometimes I feel like it really was the start of the downhill slide, but I have really started to pin more of that on the 99 team's season as a whole...There was no excuse for the lack of intensity and urgency that year, and I think it led to a slight downturn in recruiting instead of what should have been a flood of great talent in the 2-3 years immediately following the NC. Another great season in 99 would have led to a really great run, instead it was the start of the long downward spiral...the program lost it's hunger after they won it all.

Sometimes I feel like it really was the start of the downhill slide, but I have really started to pin more of that on the 99 team's season as a whole...There was no excuse for the lack of intensity and urgency that year, and I think it led to a slight downturn in recruiting instead of what should have been a flood of great talent in the 2-3 years immediately following the NC. Another great season in 99 would have led to a really great run, instead it was the start of the long downward spiral...the program lost it's hunger after they won it all.
99 was disappointing, absolutely. But, we win that SEC championship, against a team we rolled earlier in the year, and playing a backup QB, we go play for our 2nd National Tiltle in 4 years. Who knows where we could have went as a program if that would've happened.

99 was disappointing, absolutely. But, we win that SEC championship, against a team we rolled earlier in the year, and playing a backup QB, we go play for our 2nd National Tiltle in 4 years. Who knows where we could have went as a program if that would've happened.
I think we agree on one thing...it all sucked.

Reactions: SugarCC
The communication with this kids has increased dramatically in the last few days.....will be interesting to see how this one finishes as it has been a roller coaster until now.
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back