'20 MI OL Justin Rogers (Kroger Field, folks)

True, but none of us actually know why he chose KY. Could have been bought, or maybe he just feels comfortable there. Who knows? I'd love if he came to UT, but if that's where he wants to be, he can enjoy three losses to us(four if he stays his senior year) and still make it to the NFL.
If he chose Kentucky because he genuinley likes it (heck I even like Lexington, It's not Knoxville but it sure beats the heck out of almost every other SEC dump I have been to. (Starkville, Tuskylooser, Auburn, Gainsville, Columbia etc etc). Then I respect that. Some kids just are not cut out for big boy football.

And going back to forever we could never adjust. This is new territory defensively.
Dude..our problems with option teams have ALWAYS been a thorn..I literally hate anytime we play one of them SoB offenses...🤬 And it is so weird..some of our greatest defenses just could not deal with it.

Dude..our problems with option teams have ALWAYS been a thorn..I literally hate anytime we play one of them SoB offenses...🤬 And it is so weird..some of our greatest defenses just could not deal with it.
Why’s I sweated possibly playing Kansas State in 98.

And going back to forever we could never adjust. This is new territory defensively.
Georgia was even forced to prepare yearly and Tech would still steal a game every so often. Despite that talent gap.

I hate just tossing 1 on the schedule here and there. Really hoping KY doesn't keep trying, the time of possession for them alone, uhg.

They are headed back there.

Stoops is a solid coach. But I think the SEC money has helped more than anything. Their facilities are as good as anyones. Tapping into Ohio and Georgia with gems from TN (Cobb, Willamson, DT's) has raised their talent level considerably.

I think they can be a perennial 6-6 to 8-4 program now. Vols are better than last year, and it took a JG awakening to best them. IdK man...

They had that last yr and we kicked their ass. Wilson sucks

Kentucky could have Andre Woodson, Keenan Burton, Randall Cobb, Lynn Bowden, Derek Abney, Shaun Alexander, Derek Locke, Justin Miller and UT would still beat them.

It's mostly mental...just like us and Florida

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Yes and if frogs had wings their asses wouldn’t drag. Injuries happen and it is what it is but they are a lifeless team on both sides of the ball.
They're tied with us in total defense and rank higher in scoring defense. They lose like three starters on defense. They're really not a bad team

They're tied with us in total defense and rank higher in scoring defense. They lose like three starters on defense. They're really not a bad team
I agree that they have a decent team, but their defensive stats are really skewed by playing Georgia and Mizzou in torrential downpours. Haven’t seen the numbers recently but I’m pretty sure Fromm and Mizzou qb’s had a total of 200 yards in those games.

Reactions: Pane di mais

UT - Nebraska in the ‘98 Orange Bowl is my least favourite football game of all time. Hated almost every minute

Compare schedules... they have an easy schedule and inflates their numbers. They are a 6-7 program now but it is also helped by not scheduling anyone out of conference.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Yep was there. Real disappointment. We thought we were pretty good but were dominated. Long drive home.
I was there too.The drive after halftime deflated me.So I know it did the team also
12 plays all runs between the tackles for a td.Every player we had came off the field with their head down. It was also the drive that probably catapulted us to the national championship the next year.You are 100% correct in that we thought we had arrived and were really good. As you said we found out other wise.Tough game to watch though.

Compare schedules... they have an easy schedule and inflates their numbers. They are a 6-7 program now but it is also helped by not scheduling anyone out of conference.
uhhhhh, yeah....
we are #29 SOS
they are #32 SOS

crap competition they have been playing, teams like BYU and Georgia State to pad their stats.

Stoops is a solid coach. But I think the SEC money has helped more than anything. Their facilities are as good as anyones. Tapping into Ohio and Georgia with gems from TN (Cobb, Willamson, DT's) has raised their talent level considerably.

I think they can be a perennial 6-6 to 8-4 program now. Vols are better than last year, and it took a JG awakening to best them. IdK man...
If we get any depth on our lines that matchup is over for another 30 years. We have no quality sec depth after the starters on both sides.

Dude. Their football program...

E37A0A90-4BB6-4588-B939-72604481EDBA.jpeg

If we get any depth on our lines that matchup is over for another 30 years. We have no quality sec depth after the starters on both sides.

Ehh. Idk about that.
DL is developing just fine. And that's because of increased capable talented young players.

OL is getting there. Just young on the 2nd team but some dudes are otw..

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back