'20 MI OL Justin Rogers (Kroger Field, folks)

Ulysees E. McGill

Chargervol is my homeboy
It was a horrible loss, way worse than GSU this year; but, most important...I have to go 2001 SEC Championship.
Sometimes I feel like it really was the start of the downhill slide, but I have really started to pin more of that on the 99 team's season as a whole...There was no excuse for the lack of intensity and urgency that year, and I think it led to a slight downturn in recruiting instead of what should have been a flood of great talent in the 2-3 years immediately following the NC. Another great season in 99 would have led to a really great run, instead it was the start of the long downward spiral...the program lost it's hunger after they won it all.

SugarCC

Sometimes I feel like it really was the start of the downhill slide, but I have really started to pin more of that on the 99 team's season as a whole...There was no excuse for the lack of intensity and urgency that year, and I think it led to a slight downturn in recruiting instead of what should have been a flood of great talent in the 2-3 years immediately following the NC. Another great season in 99 would have led to a really great run, instead it was the start of the long downward spiral...the program lost it's hunger after they won it all.
99 was disappointing, absolutely. But, we win that SEC championship, against a team we rolled earlier in the year, and playing a backup QB, we go play for our 2nd National Tiltle in 4 years. Who knows where we could have went as a program if that would've happened.

Ulysees E. McGill

Chargervol is my homeboy
99 was disappointing, absolutely. But, we win that SEC championship, against a team we rolled earlier in the year, and playing a backup QB, we go play for our 2nd National Tiltle in 4 years. Who knows where we could have went as a program if that would've happened.
I think we agree on one thing...it all sucked.

VN Store

Sponsors