Memphis is getting Elliot Williams

That he only recruits white kids. It's not even close to accurate.

Well of course it is not close to accurate. It was obviously an exagerration to drive home a point.

My point is that coach K has been recruiting a much larger proportion of white dudes than any coach on a competitive D-1 team. I could pull all his recruiting classes, and this would be clear. But the simple fact that the whitewash is thrown out on a rather frequent basis is proof enough.

My point is that coach K has been recruiting a much larger proportion of white dudes than any coach on a competitive D-1 team.
Of course, that has nothing to do with the fact he keeps missing on the John Walls and Thad Youngs of the world. He has to fill out the roster somehow. If he was actually hitting his targets, the composition of his squads would be different.

Of course, that has nothing to do with the fact he keeps missing on the John Walls and Thad Youngs of the world. He has to fill out the roster somehow. If he was actually hitting his targets, the composition of his squads would be different.

That makes sense. Top basketball schools like Duke always miss their top targets for several straight years and end up having to settle for the Brian Zoubek's of the world.

Go back and read my "4-phase" post and tell me if you disagree.

That makes sense. Top basketball schools like Duke always miss their top targets for several straight years and end up having to settle for the Brian Zoubek's of the world.

Duke missed on Patrick Patterson and Greg Monroe or Brian Zoubek wouldn't be seeing any action. Dawkins said they just flat missed the eval. on him, but they thought he was a project that would be better than he is.

So you really think K is passing over more talented players and picking guys with less talent because they are white?

Totally agree. I think Brand leaving, Deng leaving, the Shaun Livingston recruitment, etc. made K go for the lesser talented guys. A freshman elite talent will annihilate a senior Brian Zoubek any day of the week, so I don't understand K's logic.

Your words...earlier today.

You didn't much watch Indiana's recruiting at the end of Coach Knight's tenure, did you?

So you really think K is passing over more talented players and picking guys with less talent because they are white?

No, I don't. I do think that he is shying away from the Maggette/Deng types that have a high chance of being one and done.

I would have to speculate as to why so many of his guys end up being white. There are many possible reasons, or it could be a coincidence. If I elaborate further I will end up implicitly calling coach K a racist or defining potential criteria that will make me look like a racist. So I will go no further.

But let me throw it back at you. Why do you think Duke has a much larger percentage of white kids than other competitive D-1 basketball programs?

No, I don't. I do think that he is shying away from the Maggette/Deng types that have a high chance of being one and done.

I would have to speculate as to why so many of his guys end up being white. There are many possible reasons, or it could be a coincidence. If I elaborate further I will end up implicitly calling coach K a racist or defining potential criteria that will make me look like a racist. So I will go no further.

But let me throw it back at you. Why do you think Duke has a much larger percentage of white kids than other competitive D-1 basketball programs?

Being honest, I would say it is tougher to get the one and done types qualified academically at Duke, but I don't know that to be a fact.

And as hat mentioned they have recruited a lot of the big name guys but didn't get them.

I also think Duke has become a stagnant program and has zero buzz surrounding it.
Additionally I have to assume many players don't feel they will have the freedom's other coaches allow their players to have on offense and at Duke you have to fit into the system, thus restricting a player.

Honestly IMO Duke is viewed as a little bit nerdy as well.

I also think Duke has become a stagnant program and has zero buzz surrounding it.
Exactly. Also, anyone who thinks the administration and the athletic department failing to stand up for the lacrosse players hasn't been used like a sledgehammer against them on the recruting trail doesn't know what's what.

Where did I say anything about skin color?

Follow the flow, superstar. Your earlier post stated -- agreeing with me -- that K wasn't going after top notch guys anymore.

Then you totally contradicted yourself by jumping on hat's argument that he was just missing out the talented guys.

You can't have it both ways....unless that is how you like it.

Follow the flow, superstar. Your earlier post stated -- agreeing with me -- that K wasn't going after top notch guys anymore.

Then you totally contradicted yourself by jumping on hat's argument that he was just missing out the talented guys.

You can't have it both ways....unless that is how you like it.

I also had an earlier post before hat's stating that he missed on Jon Brockman, Greg Monroe, and Patrick Patterson.

I also had an earlier post before hat's stating that he missed on Jon Brockman, Greg Monroe, and Patrick Patterson.

At least you made your contradictory statements independently. You are making great strides.

Maybe tomorrow we can have a lesson on moderation in your adverb use. How long till you take English 101? We'll get you there.

At least you made your contradictory statements independently. You are making great strides.

Maybe tomorrow we can have a lesson on moderation in your adverb use. How long till you take English 101? We'll get you there.

At least I'm not dumb enough to think K is racist.

Your assertion that K only recruits white guys is good enough to make you look like a fool, smart guy.

Oh, you mean this assertion?

Well of course it is not close to accurate. It was obviously an exagerration to drive home a point.

My point is that coach K has been recruiting a much larger proportion of white dudes than any coach on a competitive D-1 team. I could pull all his recruiting classes, and this would be clear. But the simple fact that the whitewash is thrown out on a rather frequent basis is proof enough.

Which is accurate and never called into question? No, I don't think that makes me look foolish at all. True foolishness would be dignifying your mindless tribe with an additional response. So, I won't. I will simply point out that you, good sir, suck at posting and in life.

The last word is yours to have.....

Hat, what are your thoughts on Elliot and also, do you think tanning bed Bruce (lol) will go after him?

VN Store

Back