Memphis is getting Elliot Williams

If they make up 14% of the population then that's good.

I don't know so I'm asking, is there a push for other minorities as well?

Not as much, because there aren't as many of other minorities living in the state. I think Hispanics are a concern as well.

I think the idea was/is to try and have the student body of UTK be more representative of the racial makeup of the state. That can be tricky in a Southern state, as we have a legacy of "Black" colleges and historically white colleges, compounded with the roundly discussed issues of socioeconomic backgrounds.

Not as much, because there aren't as many of other minorities living in the state. I think Hispanics are a concern as well.

I think the idea was/is to try and have the student body of UTK be more representative of the racial makeup of the state. That can be tricky in a Southern state, as we have a legacy of "Black" colleges and historically white colleges, compounded with the roundly discussed issues of socioeconomic backgrounds.

Fair enough.

For the record, a player earlier this year was denied a waiver to try and play at a school that was 106 miles from his house. NCAA deemed it too far. Not sure where Tyler's house is in comparison to Knoxville.

That basically leaves Memphis and Ole Miss (technically Arkansas State as well).

0% Chance of that happening.

Oh, wait, I forgot...you're the all forseeing norse god of basketball that knows all that will happen in the future. Shut up you turd! Just as much chance of him ending up here as anywhere else. You're a moron.

Oh, wait, I forgot...you're the all forseeing norse god of basketball that knows all that will happen in the future. Shut up you turd! Just as much chance of him ending up here as anywhere else. You're a moron.

That's funny.

But really, he's not coming to UT.

The problem with referencing Norse gods is that their destruction and doom was written into the mythology, so they lack the endurance of other pantheons. I would have gone with Sumerian gods. Much more foreboding.

Coach K's team have been able to go with the whitewash the last several years. It isn't coincidental. Coach K has been recruiting white players -- nearly exclusively -- for the past several years. I'm not trying to call him a racist. But the bolded statement is irrefutable.

according to my english teacher, UT is high 70's in whiteness percentage

the difference is, duke has 81% white, and then a very substantial % asian, much more than UT does

i dont know what % of UT is black but i think it is around 10% or possibly as low as 7-8%

This weekend, I added another entry (two in my life, I would say) into the "banged way out of my league" club. And I mean WAAAY out of my league...like this girl causes car wrecks when she walks down the street. I had absolutely no business hooking up with this girl.

The problem with referencing Norse gods is that their destruction and doom was written into the mythology, so they lack the endurance of other pantheons. I would have gone with Sumerian gods. Much more foreboding.

How in God's name did this thread diverge into this?

You said Duke was still relevant because they won the ACC. If they are still relevant with a lot of white guys and win they conference tournament what is there to criticize?

Note: I'm using the standard you set for relevance.

Please point to where I said that.

VN Store

Back