Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Trump makes a mistake that may reverberate

And that is why it’s doomed and no action will be taken until it’s in insolvency and a piss poor choice is forced.
Before it gets to that point though I imagine the govt will start setting a maximum monthly income or wealth valuation. If you exceed "x" amount you don't really "need" social security and will not receive any benefits.

Before it gets to that point though I imagine the govt will start setting a maximum monthly income or wealth valuation. If you exceed "x" amount you don't really "need" social security and will not receive any benefits.
Yep. Means testing is the term. However that requires legislative action also and thus it will have to be completely in the ditch first. And I doubt it will be a binary decision as that would amount to blatant theft instead of subtle theft like proportional means testing.

Right now in our retirement model I’ve got SS benefits judged down to about 2/3 of current projection payouts for me and the wife. Anything above that is found money.

Reactions: 37L1
Taxes will have to be raised on the very highest income tiers to deal with this.
That’s always your party’s approach for sure. But more than likely it will be multipronged

1. Adjustment of benefits down across the board
  2. Raised maximum income threshold on wage earners
  3. Delaying of paying benefits to higher retirement age (they’ve done this once already)
  4. Possibly taxing of very high earners but that’s a long shot. Benefits are capped and thus taxable salary is capped accordingly.

I'll be the first to give Trump props if he can get this done. Needs to be done, this country is drowning in debt - I hope it's not more lip service to his base and he actually intends to do it.

Loyalty to Trump is nothing to be proud of. As far as I am concerned, he is a traitor, and so are you.
Well, since you have no idea of what legally constitutes treason, I believe that is what you believe.

Now go sit in the corner and here's your hat:

iu

Aren't you cute, with your middle school verbage? It's called impeachment, but the fix is in at the trial. Organized crime is thoroughly controlling the jury. You like that, don't you.
Vandy main. If there are traitors in this country it is the modern dem and you sheep voters are accomplices.

I'll be the first to give Trump props if he can get this done. Needs to be done, this country is drowning in debt - I hope it's not more lip service to his base and he actually intends to do it.
If they jack around too long they will have to cut across the board including those who have only SS as their retirement income and that will be fatal to many including lots of political careers on the left and right.

I understand the time value of money. I KNOW social security is going to be cut. The only answer is when.

The wife and I recently went to a retirement Planning seminar at her work. They brought in a SS speaker to talk about planning. During the questions phase and me being me, I brought up the two boogie men, insolvency and means testing. His answer? A complete non answer deflection. I just smiled and went along with it no reason to be a dick. I got the answer I needed.

Loyalty to Trump is nothing to be proud of. As far as I am concerned, he is a traitor, and so are you.
Traitor? Because he beat your girl no doubt. lulz

Tell Vladimir "I'll have more flexibility after the election" - President Donald J Trump..... oh wait.

Please God let it be luther
I'd prefer anal lawyer, Piss Corpse, Mick, Purple Panties, or some of the more sarcastic a$$holes first. Luther isn't a bad guy, just too frustrating to argue with.
Edit: Add Vol Main to the list.

Last edited:
There is a reason the communist USA party disbanded and put its whole support behind your democratic party.

Hitler hated communism, your screeching isn't remotely congruent.

You're bad at this.

Hitler hated communism, your screeching isn't remotely congruent.

You're bad at this.
The Democratic Party is a strange amalgamation of bedfellows. It isn't often that you can get blacks and Mexicans together, gays and Muslims, Communists and Nazis, atheists and Catholic Hispanics, abortionists and Catholic Hispanics, Jew haters and Jews, union thugs and illegal labor, educators and the uneducated, etc. under one tent.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
The Democratic Party is a strange amalgamation of bedfellows. It isn't often that you can get blacks and Mexicans together, gays and Muslims, Communists and Nazis, atheists and Catholic Hispanics, abortionists and Catholic Hispanics, Jew haters and Jews, union thugs and illegal labor, educators and the uneducated, etc. under one tent.

I agree, probably why more people voted for the democratic contender in the last general.

VN Store

Back