'20 MD WDE Demon Clowney

How good was Jadeveon coming out of HS tho? Was he considered a stud talent, or did he develop at SCAR?
He was rated #1 overall. Never lived up to the hype from what I saw. HeWould have flashes where he was unstoppable, but took several plays off.

If I remember correctly he played against Worley in high school, and Worley’s school routed them.

(Disclaimer: I just watch football, and am in no way a professional scout or talent evaluator).

He was rated #1 overall. Never lived up to the hype from what I saw. HeWould have flashes where he was unstoppable, but took several plays off.

If I remember correctly he played against Worley in high school, and Worley’s school routed them.

(Disclaimer: I just watch football, and am in no way a professional scout or talent evaluator).

I think him basically playing it safe his entire junior year tainted how some people remember him in college. I remember his first 2 years teams being scared to run to his side and he would blow people up if they did. I'll never forget when they played here one year we ran a jet sweep to his side and got some poor kid laid out because of it. Personally I thought he was really good his first 2 years, played it very safe his junior year, and in the pros he hasn't quite lived up to what he was supposed to be. Still good for sure but not in the best defensive player discussion like people thought he would be

Reactions: VolInDayton
How good was Jadeveon coming out of HS tho? Was he considered a stud talent, or did he develop at SCAR?
247 has a all time composite list and Jadevon Clowney is all time ranked #1. He was a huge recruit and his size and measurables were off the charts.

Haha boy are you delusional,I hear the same thing now being said about Aaron Donald but that’s because he’s being double teamed.Clowney his whole sophomore and Junior,he was double teamed the whole season and some more towards the end of his Freshman season..dude was a freak...we all still talk about this play for a reason...👀

1577606208494.gif

1577606237848.gif

Haha boy are you delusional,I hear the same thing now being said about Aaron Donald but that’s because he’s being double teamed.Clowney his whole sophomore and Junior,he was double teamed the whole season and some more towards the end of his Freshman season..dude was a freak...we all still talk about this play for a reason...👀

View attachment 249885

View attachment 249886
Surprisingly, I remember that. Brutal hit. One of the best I've seen.

Part of me wonders if Demon has the ability to become a force like his brother. Kind of wish we were giving him a more serious look in case someone else fell through.

Reactions: UTSuave’

View attachment 249885

View attachment 249886
Yeah...because it brought us the joy that is the targeting penalty. 😒

Reactions: UTSuave’

View attachment 249885

View attachment 249886
I think they show this to jury's to define attempted murder.

Sorry but nobody is saying that about Arron Donald. He’s about to win back to back to back DPOY in the NFL which is ridiculous.

Donald has posted 72 sacks in 6 years!
Clowney has posted 32 in 6 years.

Reactions: de1conley
Well for one there is another poster that claims to know the coach personally and he has said that the coach and recruit was lied to, and the act of lying is what cause Jarrett to go else where. Typically in a normal processing it doesnt elicit this type of response like you said it happens all the time, but the backlash came from somewhere, and you just dont want to admit it came from the actions of LSU.

All schools do this yearly and hs coaches and players get upset. Common practice in recruiting. So really just relax. I've seen hs coaches say a school can't come back and recruit. Schools laugh at this and kp it coming.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Sorry but nobody is saying that about Arron Donald. He’s about to win back to back to back DPOY in the NFL which is ridiculous.

Donald has posted 72 sacks in 6 years!
Clowney has posted 32 in 6 years.

Different positions.Both are double teamed and both are impact players was the whole point.Clowney isn’t lazy he gets double teamed off the edge because of his ability just like Donald.

VN Store

Back