'20 MD DL Dominic Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Its hilarious how Rivals bases a ranking on the week of practice instead of the actual game.
The report said he had a good game. Their opinion was he did not have good practices. The other poster said he did. I wanted to know where that info came from.

Its hilarious how Rivals bases a ranking on the week of practice instead of the actual game.
I remember this well. I watched the game last year and Wanya and Darnell dominated. The OL that was going to GA or bama, can't remember which one, got whipped all game long. But they bumped him to a 5 star after the game because he practiced well, and Wanya was dropped to a 4 star and Wright dropped some too. Made no sense.

Just watched this big cat on ESPNU at an UA practice. Only saw him in two reps of a pass rush drill, but he dominated. Reached the backfield before you could say "boo", once with excellent power/leverage against a Center, and the other with excellent quickness.

Bumping my own post to reiterate I saw D. Bailey in only two reps of a 1v1 pass rush drill. But he absolutely crushed those two reps. He bull rushed the first rep and pushed the blocker 5-6 yards back into the QB's lap (no actual QB or dummy used in the drill) in about 2 seconds. On the second rep, he ripped the blocker's left arm, and outquicked him, and again reached the QB's grill in about 2 seconds. He got back there FAST both times.

There were 4 ESPNU commentators sitting at a desk observing the practice. Tom Luginbill was the only guy I recognized. A couple of these guys complimemted D Bailey (don't remember their exact comments). I imagine the practices include quite a few individual reps, and also some team drills. If Rivals said he struggled in practice, I sure hope Rivals saw those two reps.

247 said he was great at practice, rivals said he struggled... so who knows.
Correct me if I am wrong .. but I believe 247 is tied to the UA Game and Rivals is tied to the Army Game. So it would make sense that the recruiting services pump up players that play in their games and the rivals will down play the players not in their game. Just one more reason to trust the recruiting service rankings.

Correct me if I am wrong .. but I believe 247 is tied to the UA Game and Rivals is tied to the Army Game. So it would make sense that the recruiting services pump up players that play in their games and the rivals will down play the players not in their game. Just one more reason to trust the recruiting service rankings.

bingo

Lmao...he had 5 tackles 1TFL and a sack.....yeah he really struggled.
I watched 51 in the game he looked dominate at line of scrimmage and pushed his lineman back right off the ball. Strong young man ! He didn’t put all effort in every play So What!!! But I feel he showed early what he had against the starters across from him. He showed his A game and shined....He had nothing else to prove...! Now it’s to college and get quicker and stronger....Bright future here...!

I was playing around with a potential depth chart yesterday...this DL room is CROWDED. I would be curious to know how some of you think it’ll shake out in 2020. You can easily have a 3 deep there’s so many of them. I’m not including Hardy and i am thinking Baron at 6’4 250 goes to an edge rusher spot

I remember this well. I watched the game last year and Wanya and Darnell dominated. The OL that was going to GA or bama, can't remember which one, got whipped all game long. But they bumped him to a 5 star after the game because he practiced well, and Wanya was dropped to a 4 star and Wright dropped some too. Made no sense.
It doesn’t have to make sense, they have zero respect for any recruit that commits here and they’re willing to throw cold water on any of their evaluations to further the UGA and Bama classes. It’s as clear as day. Bailey is somewhat dominant sometimes once he gets his motor going and they’ve seen that. He’s very talented and very deserving of a bump, even if it’s not much. Infuriating to me. Just like Harrison, whom everyone else is always raving and calling him “one of the best all around QBs in the class” yet he is only a top tier 4 star. MAKES NO SENSE. And yes I’m yelling.

Again, I wonder how many of these industry types are qualified to make evaluations. I would take the opinions of a lot of folks on here way before a lot of people who get paid by 247 or rivals.

You aren’t wrong. I used to play basketball a few years ago in charleston that worked for rivals. I follow recruiting like crazy so I started chatting him about it. Guy never even played high school football...

Reactions: RiotVol
“The 6-foot-3, 293-pound Bailey was credited with five total tackles, including one sack and a tackle for loss, in Thursday’s game at Camping World Stadium.”
"Dominic Bailey struggled mightily with 5 tackles, a sack, and a tfl." - - rivals
I think I’m going with 247 on this one. That’s a good productive day to me.

I was playing around with a potential depth chart yesterday...this DL room is CROWDED. I would be curious to know how some of you think it’ll shake out in 2020. You can easily have a 3 deep there’s so many of them. I’m not including Hardy and i am thinking Baron at 6’4 250 goes to an edge rusher spot

Bailey and Thomas can redshirt ( play 4 ganes first) and be ready to LARGELY contribute in 2021. We're losing 5 D-Lineman after next seadon.

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back