'18 MD DE Eyabi Anoma

1) Houston is a cultural disaster. They just had multiple players sit out a season and transfer. Holgersen will never be confused with Pruitt when it comes to running a ship.

2)Alvin Kamara ran his mouth at Bama and got ran off for a bad attitude.

3) If this kid wasn’t dealing or hurting women and Pruitt wants him then bring it.

I believe Kamara left Alabama on his own. Between his knee getting scoped and being frustrated over not getting the PT he was used to caused him to have a change of heart. He wanted to leave Ala and start over somewhere else. Kamara is the perfect example of just what hanging with the wrong crowd can do to a good kid. He obviously didn't have those issues while a Vol nor any issues after becoming an NFL millionaire. Even Saban said he wasn't a bad kid, he just didn't know how to deal with the emotions of not playing and being hurt.. This just shows that sometimes a change of scenery and a second chance can completely change a players direction. I agree with you, if Pruitt wants him then I hope we can get him here.

He was dumb for going there to start with..going somewhere stacked 3 deep in high 4-5*s and expecting to start and start right away is stupidity.

When he signed he was different than the typical big back Saban kept stacked 4-5 deep. He was recruited to be the change of pace RB to team with Henry and Yeldon, plus unlike Henry he was a great pass catcher out of the backfield. Although I'm a Bama hater, I see why he chose to be part of that, but do wish he would have just been a Vol his entire college time. Although he ran into different issues under Butch and it was a crime how underutilized he was here. He should have started over Hurd and John Kelly, Or atleast gotten even snaps either running or catching the ball. Was a real shame how underused he was here. Having to be a defense trying to defend and decide if Dobb's was gonna run it or give it to Alvin more than they did would have been a nightmare.

When he signed he was different than the typical big back Saban kept stacked 4-5 deep. He was recruited to be the change of pace RB to team with Henry and Yeldon, plus unlike Henry he was a great pass catcher out of the backfield. Although I'm a Bama hater, I see why he chose to be part of that, but do wish he would have just been a Vol his entire college time. Although he ran into different issues under Butch and it was a crime how underutilized he was here. He should have started over Hurd and John Kelly, Or atleast gotten even snaps either running or catching the ball. Was a real shame how underused he was here. Having to be a defense trying to defend and decide if Dobb's was gonna run it or give it to Alvin more than they did would have been a nightmare.
Kelly never got more snaps than Kamara or even as much. @UT_Dutchman can vouch for me on this one when we met at the A&M game. We were both psyched about the running game with Kamara and Kelly...but that wasn’t the majority sentiment of this board. Lot of “what has Kamara done to show he can be an every down back?” and Kelly not being a SEC level RB. Revisionist history has the masses clamoring for Kamara...but it ain’t true.

Kelly never got more snaps than Kamara or even as much. @UT_Dutchman can vouch for me on this one when we met at the A&M game. We were both psyched about the running game with Kamara and Kelly...but that wasn’t the majority sentiment of this board. Lot of “what has Kamara done to show he can be an every down back?” and Kelly not being a SEC level RB. Revisionist history has the masses clamoring for Kamara...but it ain’t true.

Kamara has still not demonstrated that he physically can "hold up" under the physical abuse of being the primary RB in an offense.
And he doesn't need to be that guy!

When Brees was injured....Kamara got more carries in the next 2-3 games and ended up with knee and ankle injuries that severely limited his playing time.

I like Kamara...there's no doubt that he's an incredible athlete at RB....but he ain't the guy to be your "every down back."
He wasn't at Tennessee and he ain't for the Saints--and that's not a criticism. It's just true.

Reactions: jlawso21
Kamara has still not demonstrated that he physically can "hold up" under the physical abuse of being the primary RB in an offense.
And he doesn't need to be that guy!

When Brees was injured....Kamara got more carries in the next 2-3 games and ended up with knee and ankle injuries that severely limited his playing time.

I like Kamara...there's no doubt that he's an incredible athlete at RB....but he ain't the guy to be your "every down back."
He wasn't at Tennessee and he ain't for the Saints--and that's not a criticism. It's just true.
Saved his legs seems to be your opinion...can’t really disagree. If the conventional thinking hadn’t precluded it, a steady diet of Kamara and Kelly would have been dynamite over a full season. If Butch hadn’t reneged on incorporating the offset I, then DeBord would have been able to keep opposing defenses off kilter and disallowed them teeing off on Hurd when he was lined up. Would have been able to line up Kamara or Kelly in the offset I and shift to the spread or vice versa. Would have been devastating. Short sample in the bowl game against Northwestern and combined with Dobbs even more devastating. But Butch and that offense of his.

Fairly sure Pruitt can find out more details about what went down at Bama than any of our posters. Houston is a dumpster fire. I’ll support whatever Pruitt decides to do.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I say bring him on. I mean we don't even investigate death threat claims so who to say the kid did whatever people are saying

Saved his legs seems to be your opinion...can’t really disagree. If the conventional thinking hadn’t precluded it, a steady diet of Kamara and Kelly would have been dynamite over a full season. If Butch hadn’t reneged on incorporating the offset I, then DeBord would have been able to keep opposing defenses off kilter and disallowed them teeing off on Hurd when he was lined up. Would have been able to line up Kamara or Kelly in the offset I and shift to the spread or vice versa. Would have been devastating. Short sample in the bowl game against Northwestern and combined with Dobbs even more devastating. But Butch and that offense of his.

I complete agree with everything you say here!

I think Kamara is an outstanding athlete with multiple skills and talents.
Optimizing his carries per game without diminishing his production as a receiver would be my goal.
I don't think the Saints have found that balance.
I didn't help that Brees got hurt last year, too.

To me--Kamara is like a MLB pitching ace who can give you maximum effort and production when working within the limits of a pitch count.

If this guy was dismissed, isn't there an sec rule blocking teams from taking a transfer from someone who was dismissed?

If this guy was dismissed, isn't there an sec rule blocking teams from taking a transfer from someone who was dismissed?

Sounds like there's specific criteria that would disqualify a transfer. It would depend on the reason for the dismissal.
14.1.18 Serious Misconduct. A prospective student-athlete, including a transfer, who has been convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to a felony involving serious misconduct, or has been subject to official school disciplinary action at any time during enrollment at any previous educational institution (excluding limited discipline applied by a sports team or temporary disciplinary action during an investigation) due to serious misconduct (as defined herein) shall not be eligible for athletically-related financial aid, practice or competition at an SEC member institution. An institution shall conduct an appropriate inquiry into a prospective student-athlete’s background that at least satisfies the Conference’s minimum due diligence expectations (see Appendix B) prior to providing the prospective student-athlete athletically-related financial aid or allowing him/her to participate or compete. Incidents of serious misconduct involving an enrolled student-athlete shall not be subject to these provisions. For purposes of this provision, “serious misconduct” is defined as sexual assault, domestic violence, other forms of sexual violence, dating violence or stalking; or conduct of a nature that creates serious concerns about the safety of others. [Adopted: 5/29/2015, Revised: 6/3/16, Revised: 6/1/18 effective 10/15/18]

Reactions: Sleegro
Depends on the reason for the dismissal. If it’s legal issues then no go. The fact that he’s immediately eligible indicates that it’s not.

Reactions: Sleegro

VN Store

Back