'18 MD DE Eyabi Anoma

Kid has been ran off from two different programs and is leaving Martin right before season is about to kick off. Kid is a head case and that’s unlikely to change.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Leaving in the middle of preseason tells me he's not happy with the position he's being told to play or the depth chart. It just screams locker room conflict.

So he probably gained weight in the offseason and they're telling him to lose it or move to interior DL or he's not earning his spot and coaches dropped him on the depth chart.

Maybe he needs to be closer to home. I wouldn’t risk the scholarship. You throw a grain of sand in a smooth working cog and it can destroy everything.

Other than the QB who went to OU, what Bama transfers have really helped their new team? I’m just not seeing a lot of success despite their 4 & 5 star rankings. Please don’t say Kennedy either.

Other than the QB who went to OU, what Bama transfers have really helped their new team? I’m just not seeing a lot of success despite their 4 & 5 star rankings. Please don’t say Kennedy either.
Alvin Kamara- Tennessee
Jerome Ford- Cincinnati
Jalin Hurts- Oklahoma
Maurice Smith- UGA

Me too, out off Lary Lake. Went to HS in Knox and Memphis. Saw my first game at Neyland in ‘66 (selling Cokes up and down the stairs). Moved here 5 years ago
northwood lake here
sold cokes and programs in in 65, 66, 67, while in Tyson and West
big fan of memphis as son went to rhodes.

northwood lake here
sold cokes and programs in in 65, 66, 67, while in Tyson and West
big fan of memphis as son went to rhodes.
I lived a block and a half from Rhodes. Used to hang out at their teensy radio station late at night when they played full albums of 66-72 rock and roll. Small world😳

Reactions: ArdentVol
The transfer portal is young so we don't have a lot of examples to pull from.

But transfers have occurred all along. Bama has had their share or 4 & 5* players transfer out over the past 6-7 yrs. I recall the 5* QB from California that was there with Hurts than went to Ariz St I believe. He got the starting job but quickly lost it. There have been alot of others. I just dont see building a program on transfers being a sound strategy. Filling in some holes, yes. Heupel has 3 great HS edge/OLB guys already committed. Why take a guy who has struck out twice already?

Reactions: ArdentVol
But transfers have occurred all along. Bama has had their share or 4 & 5* players transfer out over the past 6-7 yrs. I recall the 5* QB from California that was there with Hurts than went to Ariz St I believe. He got the starting job but quickly lost it. There have been alot of others. I just dont see building a program on transfers being a sound strategy. Filling in some holes, yes. Heupel has 3 great HS edge/OLB guys already committed. Why take a guy who has struck out twice already?

Comparing players who transferred before the portal to guys who transferred after are very different.

Why? Because he's talented and could help this roster if he lives up to his potential. That doesn't mean he will, but why would you not take a chance?

You have way more to gain (potential elite player, depth at a minimum) and very little to lose (send him packing at the first sign of trouble).

Comparing players who transferred before the portal to guys who transferred after are very different.

Why? Because he's talented and could help this roster if he lives up to his potential. That doesn't mean he will, but why would you not take a chance?

You have way more to gain (potential elite player, depth at a minimum) and very little to lose (send him packing at the first sign of trouble).

When they left alabama makes no difference but according to your logic Hurts and Kamara then dont count as successful former Bamers since they transferred before the portal (Hurts was a grad transfer).

When they left alabama makes no difference but according to your logic Hurts and Kamara then dont count as successful former Bamers since they transferred before the portal (Hurts was a grad transfer).

Right. There’s not enough data. Great players will leave great programs though. We’ve already seen in in the portal. It’ll happen to Bama too. Their not immune nor does being a Bama transfer mean a guy is less likely to pan out

VN Store

Back