Maurer emerging as QB1?

Not saying you are wrong, but the only coach that beat Saban three times (Malzahn) did it without an NFL quality QB. Other than Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence, can you name an NFL quality QB that has beaten Saban?
FYP;)

Not saying you are wrong, but the only coach that beat Saban three times (Malzahn) did it without an NFL quality QB. Other than Teddy Bridgewater and Trevor Lawrence, can you name an NFL quality QB that has beaten Saban?
????

Nice throw from all 3 qbs. THIS is what a good battle looks like! Take notes Jeremy. May have to click the link to see the others.

This is also WHY I don’t trust Austin Price. The only throw he mentioned was Hookers and only said that Bailey and Maurer were solid on slants and come backs. 🤔. None of these were slants OR comebacks
Nice mid-range throws from all of them. Hooker stared his target down a little though. He turned his shoulders on the snap.

Nice mid-range throws from all of them. Hooker stared his target down a little though. He turned his shoulders on the snap.
I noticed that too but in a new offense, new receivers and new system? I felt it should be expected on a dbl move. Baileys was a tad over thrown but a REALLY nice catch!

Not saying you are wrong, but the only coach that beat Saban three times (Malzahn) did it without an NFL quality QB. Other than Teddy Bridgewater and Trevor Lawrence, can you name an NFL quality QB that has beaten Saban?
Burrow.

Saban is leaning in to offense more in the last few years but his Ds are never weak, adjust well, and make reads tough. Watching the Bama secondary read shifts and motion and adjust shows they're smart and well prepared for each offense.

And the world isn't all Bama, they're just loaded withultra talented kids and coaches. Heupel lives and dies with the tempo offense..... and SEC coaches are going to try to disrupt that, rattle the QB, change alignments, etc. Heupel's QB needs to be resourceful and smart..... very smart...... and a rifle for an arm wouldn't hurt.

Chad Kelly, Joe Burrow, Johnny Manziel, Cam Newton, Trevor Knight, Deshaun Watson, Jarrett Stidham, Cardale Jones.

Guys unfortunatly there was legitimate reasons why nobody could unseat Guarantano.....we are extremely in need of some transfer portal QBs

We don't have a qb on the team who knew they were going to be the starter for any length of time, so we really don't know what the ones we have are capable of at this time. None of them have had enough game experience to tell how good or bad they are. Only time will tell, but as far as Jg is concerned imo from what little we seen of the others jg would have been the number 3 qb last year.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Maurer just can’t stay healthy. Until I can see him start and finish a game the jury is still out for me.
That's overblown at this point. He had the breath knocked out of him vs UGA. He was cleared to go back in but Pruitt chose to keep JG in.

He suffered a concussion vs MSU then aggravated that same injury vs Bama. Other than that... what injury?

It looks like the "hamstring" last year was more of a ruse than an injury that would have kept him on the sideline. It is highly likely that he and Pruitt had already agreed that he was leaving. It was funny that after hearing the UT media talk about him not being able to get past a hamstring injury and then TV announcers saying the same thing... Pruitt put him in to run a designed QB run.

Maurer very much does need to learn to protect himself but the conclusion that he's injury prone is premature. Maybe the hard part is that UT will have to invest in him and put him on the field before they'll actually know for sure.

IMHO, we will see two QB's early in the season. One of them will be Hooker based on what little we've been allowed to see.

My guess Salter will be on a very short leash until they find a transfer QB in the portal that signs, and then they will cut him loose. He’s clearly not learning from his mistakes.

LOL... Love your avi.. It features a girl’s hairdo...“Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful” speaks volumes about your mental state. Yes, You should be the person to condemn someone by putting him on a short leash...then you want to cut him loose when we find another QB on the portal......And you feel you‘re qualified to judge anyone for their supposed mistakes......? 😂. You have no clue about this young man. Keep admiring yourself in the mirror Sheila, and don’t quit your job at Taco Bell. Have a Nice Day!

Last edited:
Reactions: BornAVol1963
It was funny that after hearing the UT media talk about him not being able to get past a hamstring injury and then TV announcers saying the same thing... Pruitt put him in to run a designed QB run.
That sealed the deal with me on Pruitt. He showed himself to be a lying baffoon..

LOL... Love your avi.. It features a girl’s hairdo...“Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful” speaks volumes about your mental state. Yes, You should be the person to condemn someone by putting him on a short leash...then you want to cut him loose when we find another QB on the portal......And you feel you‘re qualified to judge anyone for their supposed mistakes......? 😂. You have no clue about this young man. Keep admiring yourself in the mirror Sheila, and don’t quit your job at Taco Bell. Have a Nice Day!
The fact that my avatar and silly quote got this kind of a reaction says more about your mental state than mine.

WTF?

Nice throw from all 3 qbs. THIS is what a good battle looks like! Take notes Jeremy. May have to click the link to see the others.

This is also WHY I don’t trust Austin Price. The only throw he mentioned was Hookers and only said that Bailey and Maurer were solid on slants and come backs. 🤔. None of these were slants OR comebacks

Price goes to open periods. Watches for a few minutes and spends the rest of the time talking to his buddies and acting like he's paying attention. Same thing most of them do.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Price goes to open periods. Watches for a few minutes and spends the rest of the time talking to his buddies and acting like he's paying attention. Same thing most of them do.
Yes. But per his report “Hooker was solid “as always”. Had a really nice deep seem to (?)”. He had nothing to say about Maurer or Bailey outside of outside of “solid on slants and comebacks”. Seeing Hooker throw the one in the video seems to be the period Austin was able to see. Why no “extra credit” to Bailey for the deep flag route? Why no “extra credit” to Maurer for going through his progression and finding the open man on the deep crossing route? Each throw was equally impressive. Why only report hookers? He did the same thing in his reports every practice I attended because he already had his guy picked and therefore his reports “lean” in that direction. He reported hookers because that’s his “knock”. Not stretching the field. But Baileys “knock” is deep accuracy. And Maurers is not going through progressions. The man is false journalism at its finest and those types of journalists are largely responsible for the disconnect we have on a much bigger scale such as racism and gun control.

Yes. But per his report “Hooker was solid “as always”. Had a really nice deep seem to (?)”. He had nothing to say about Maurer or Bailey outside of outside of “solid on slants and comebacks”. Seeing Hooker throw the one in the video seems to be the period Austin was able to see. Why no “extra credit” to Bailey for the deep flag route? Why no “extra credit” to Maurer for going through his progression and finding the open man on the deep crossing route? Each throw was equally impressive. Why only report hookers? He did the same thing in his reports every practice I attended because he already had his guy picked and therefore his reports “lean” in that direction. He reported hookers because that’s his “knock”. Not stretching the field. But Baileys “knock” is deep accuracy. And Maurers is not going through progressions. The man is false journalism at its finest and those types of journalists are largely responsible for the disconnect we have on a much bigger scale such as racism and gun control.
While I tend to agree on "journalism" in general, as far as sports goes (UT football specifically), IGNORE those clowns. I'm quite sure Heup does. Whoever gets the nod when the season starts, will have ZERO to do with with AP's opinion....

Did Hooker score any points in the open scrimmage? Was thinking maybe he ran one in but didn't pass for much of anything.

VN Store

Back