Marlon Walls

rivals lists him 6'2 225 and scouts lists him at 6'4 266, how can the two be that different. Rivals lists him as linebacker and scout lists him at de, so who do you believe?

He is around 265 right now. I actually read that in an interview with him a few weeks ago. He said he wanted to get back down around 235 to play OLB.

Rivals really doesn't do a great job with JUCO/Prep schools. I know they have a JUCO website but it's pretty $#!tty.

Coach O called him a DT at the press conference.
This may have been discussed somewhere else, but I couldn't find it, so here goes...

Anyone know how big Walls is now? He's only listed at 225lbs on the UT site...

Yes, he did call him a DT when he was announcing the new signees. Last I heard, Marlon was around 260. He said he wanted to get his weight back down to play OLB, because he was apparently be projected as a DE. It looks like UT is now looking at putting him at DT. I think he is still pretty quick from what I hear.

This may have been discussed somewhere else, but I couldn't find it, so here goes...

Anyone know how big Walls is now? He's only listed at 225lbs on the UT site...

most of the sites i saw had him listed at 265. he should be a monster.

If he can play at DT that would really be good. That gives us 3 in this class. Montori Hughes, Aurthur Jeffrey and Marlon Walls. As we all know, we need Defensive Linemen.

Dang, was the 225 what he was listed at during last year's recruiting? Awful lot of weight to pack on in one year... not that I'm complaining.

Yes, last years class. Scout has him listed as 6'4 260, but he's closer to 275 lbs now.

Dang, was the 225 what he was listed at during last year's recruiting? Awful lot of weight to pack on in one year... not that I'm complaining.

CEO said when he recruited Walls at Ole Miss he was 215... and the #1 recruit in the state at the time. Compared him to Sapp who was a 220 lb TE when he was recruited at Miami.

From my understanding they recruited Walls to play DE. Maybe I heard wrong. This I think will be common practice because of the type of ends that Monte likes.

VN Store

Back