Marlon Walls

I40VOL

Old School Orange
Tennstud over on the vol board on scout seems to think walls has turned to the vols....he cancelled his visit to ole miss and their fans say he is a vol...HV got anything on this?

They are saying that he always wanted to be a vol but his grades weren't good. Evidently UT said that if he picks his grades up then they have a spot for him. He supposedly did that and now they are accepting him.

Walls paired with witherspoon or Jerrell Harris would be awesome.
I really hope we can sway Harris!

tennstud at volquest talked to marlon's uncle and said he's all vol. the distance factor with his mom has been cleared up and his grades shouldn't be a problem. Don't know if that's legit but we will see. Uncle said he canceled his visit to ole miss because he didn't want to take a scholarship offer from another kid.

WOW.. this guy would be a huge commit..
he's another good size athletic LB..
does he look like a MLB at UT, or an OLB??

If they do what they usually do with big HS LB's then he will probably be DE. If not, he will probably play MLB. That's just what I think.

I think he will be a solid MLB. DE just seems like a stretch with his speed.

Also I just got a rivals text saying Marlon is officially committed to the vols

does signing another linebacker hurt us w Jerrell Harris considering he still has a visit on Feb 1

So, do the prospects of him getting in grades-wise look good? This is a nice pick up. And - I like how it happened ... my eyes welled up the first time I stepped inside Neyland too.

"I have been a lot of places," Walls said. "I have been to the Swamp. I have been to South Carolina, Ole Miss and a lot of places but not of them compare to Tennessee. I got tears in my eyes when we rolled into Knoxville for the visit and I knew then I had to follow my heart."

That is exactly the kind of passion and enthusiasm you hope for when a kid commits to play for the Vols.

Welcome to UT Marlon!

2 months ago when I started putting time into looking at the recruits, Walls was a guy I "circled" because of his numbers. 6'2", 225, 4.55 40 yard dash. Perfect speed for a Chavis LB, and perfect size for any LB. Granted, Chavis likes his LBs smaller and faster, but Walls is FAST.

Special player, IMO.

VN Store

Back