Mark Ingram for UT AD

Good point. I should have said it either wasn’t related to his job or wasn’t anything too major.
One more example, not to criticize you or harp on your response in anyway but just for others to see, is that yesterday's press conference on the firing on Pruitt the Chancellor said she was notified by "a source" of the violations. She did not say who nor did she give any specifics on the violations. There are lots of things that are not disclosed. Some people know but cannot disclose or even have to sign a non-disclosure.

One more example, not to criticize you or harp on your response in anyway but just for others to see, is that yesterday's press conference on the firing on Pruitt the Chancellor said she was notified by "a source" of the violations. She did not say who nor did she give any specifics on the violations. There are lots of things that are not disclosed. Some people know but cannot disclose or even have to sign a non-disclosure.

Well we deserve more candor than we got yesterday.

I gotcha

It doesn't make it not a smear campaign, it just makes you a liar as well.
I am certain I am not the only liar on this board who thinks they know specific details about things no one else knows about. I just admitted it because it was just getting too funny. lol

I have never been so happy to hear that someone outsourced the hiring as when UT admin said that.

I am very serious and screw your blue font crap. I don't think he is qualified just because he is a lawyer/judge but the problem with the athletic department is there has been no leadership since Doug Dickey left and who had former military staff members including Associate AD Col. Moeller. Since then, there has been no true leadership that is paying attention to the coaching staff and holding them accountable for their lack of developing players, their actions, lack of respect for the history of the program, etc..Tim has the leadership skills and the intimidating presence that would make anyone be careful about messing up and not doing their job. Last, given the severe violations that UT is facing, it would not hurt at all that his knowledge of the law could help. Do you think that Hamilton & Hart had a commanding presence or strong hand on the pulse of the athletic department? No. Look back to 1992 when Doug Dickey left. The program has been on the decline ever since. It needs a leader.
I honestly don't know what to say when someone thinks our best candidate is someone with zero experience. That would be another train wreck. Just because he has ties to the program and a law degree in no way qualifies him to run an athletic department.

Because a lot of the fanbase still believes in the VFL, “I will give my all for Tennessee” nonsense.

Personally and as an alumni I think now is as good a time as any to heal the division within the fanbase brought on my mostly UT men.
1. John Majors has passed away.
2. Phil Fulmer can retire and be out of the picture.
3. Doug Dickey is fine with his legacy and has proven capable of butting out.
4. Anyone associated with Mike Hamilton's or Dave Hart's regimes could be adequately purged.
5. Quit limiting our options to guys associated with guys that have already pissed us off and think a little outside of the box.

Getting someone "else" that wants to be here instead of rebooting the same old tired names and faces might be refreshing to our program. We can attach a group of VFL's that can teach them the traditions and culture and see what fresh ideas might come out of adding more branches to the family tree.

Reactions: Birdie
It must be fairly well known among followers since Swain recently alluded to "something" he did at UTC that got him fired. I don't think he will be a candidate.
He didn't get fired he stepped down if you read the press release he stepped down to pursue other interests and it was a complete shock to UTC, doesn't sound like a guy that was fired

Personally and as an alumni I think now is as good a time as any to heal the division within the fanbase brought on my mostly UT men.
1. John Majors has passed away.
2. Phil Fulmer can retire and be out of the picture.
3. Doug Dickey is fine with his legacy and has proven capable of butting out.
4. Anyone associated with Mike Hamilton's or Dave Hart's regimes could be adequately purged.
5. Quit limiting our options to guys associated with guys that have already pissed us off and think a little outside of the box.

Getting someone "else" that wants to be here instead of rebooting the same old tired names and faces might be refreshing to our program. We can attach a group of VFL's that can teach them the traditions and culture and see what fresh ideas might come out of adding more branches to the family tree.
Condredge Holloway is still alive and kicking.

He didn't get fired he stepped down if you read the press release he stepped down to pursue other interests and it was a complete shock to UTC, doesn't sound like a guy that was fired
Press release.....well, let's just say they gave him a chance to leave, pronto, ....then he becomes the associate AD at MTSU.

Reactions: tnbelle98
We need to away from this 'a candidate has to have TN ties'. AL tried that for several yrs with hires that had to have ties to Bear with terrible results until they got smart and decided to go get the best guy available. This TN tie in stuff may work with an AD but not a HC.

If the AD is a good one, what’s wrong with having TN ties?

VN Store

Back