Mark Ingram for UT AD

Spook1

Ancient Vol
Mark Ingram played football at UT, worked in the UT AD as a fund raiser for 5 years. Served as AD at Temple University. For the last few years Ingram has served as the AD at UAB. He got plenty of experience as UAB dropped football and two years later re-established a football program including hiring a coach and staff. Intgram played a major role in the building of a new stadium for UAB. He is Tennessee and experienced.

Mark Ingram played football at UT, worked in the UT AD as a fund raiser for 5 years. Served as AD at Temple University. For the last few years Ingram has served as the AD at UAB. He got plenty of experience as UAB dropped football and two years later re-established a football program including hiring a coach and staff. Intgram played a major role in the building of a new stadium for UAB. He is Tennessee and experienced.
He would be a good get, so would the Louisville AD, Blackburn, there are some good candidates out there.

I admittedly know very little about the AD market but I do hear about this guy a ton outside of UT circles. Plus if you look at what he did for UAB football he should be a leading candidate IMO

The best choice for AD is Tim Erwin. There needs to be someone who has strong leadership skills, business skills, he is a VFL and obviously a judge, which will come in handy during the violations investigations.

1. Charles Davis
2. David Blackburn
3. Mark Ingram
Charles is not going to take a major pay cut from his new Fox Sports deal and get insulted every week when you don't agree with his decisions
David Blackburn did some significant wrongs at UTC that got him fired.
Mark Ingram, great guy but the state this program is in, it needs very strong hands to right the ship

The best choice for AD is Tim Erwin. There needs to be someone who has strong leadership skills, business skills, he is a VFL and obviously a judge, which will come in handy during the violations investigations.
Did you forget the blue font? You really aren't serious are you? We don't need anymore hires of anyone without prior experience. Tim is a great guy and ties to UT but zero experience as an AD. Not sure why you think being a lawyer makes him qualified?

Charles is not going to take a major pay cut from his new Fox Sports deal and get insulted every week when you don't agree with his decisions
Mark Ingram, great guy but the state this program is in, it needs very strong hands to right the ship
Do tell.

Charles has already said a few years ago that he would be flattered and interested in the job. Now he may not take it or even get interviewed by I wouldn't be so sure to say he would not take it. GBO!

Just from the UAB perspective....

I don’t think people actually grasp the dumpster fire he walked into. The president of the university had to have police protection at his home for months. Long time coaches were openly critical of the university administration. The school was halfway through a billion dollar fund raising campaign that suddenly started to shrink as business leaders and donors just said “no thanks, I’ll see you in court”. For the first time we saw enrollment drop, nearly 10% from 2014 to 2015. In his press conference he deftly stated he barely remembered his football playing days “it was so long ago”. He came in and everyone assumed he was the president’s lackey.

Now it’s 2021. We’ve built a new football facility and 2 new practice fields. We are on track to open Protective Stadium this fall against Liberty. A new track facility has been built. We’ve scheduled construction of a new basketball practice facility and field houses for baseball and softball. Andy Kennedy has come home as head basketball coach. We’re working towards leaving CUSA for greener pastures.

There are still people who don’t trust him because he was brought in by the president Watts. That’s how badly the president is despised. But when you look at the record it’s nothing short of remarkable

Charles has already said a few years ago that he would be flattered and interested in the job. Now he may not take it or even get interviewed by I wouldn't be so sure to say he would not take it. GBO!
I promise you, I am close to a person who was roommates with Charles in college and they still keep in touch. Charles will not take it.

Reactions: kcvols1
Did you forget the blue font? You really aren't serious are you? We don't need anymore hires of anyone without prior experience. Tim is a great guy and ties to UT but zero experience as an AD. Not sure why you think being a lawyer makes him qualified?
I am very serious and screw your blue font crap. I don't think he is qualified just because he is a lawyer/judge but the problem with the athletic department is there has been no leadership since Doug Dickey left and who had former military staff members including Associate AD Col. Moeller. Since then, there has been no true leadership that is paying attention to the coaching staff and holding them accountable for their lack of developing players, their actions, lack of respect for the history of the program, etc..Tim has the leadership skills and the intimidating presence that would make anyone be careful about messing up and not doing their job. Last, given the severe violations that UT is facing, it would not hurt at all that his knowledge of the law could help. Do you think that Hamilton & Hart had a commanding presence or strong hand on the pulse of the athletic department? No. Look back to 1992 when Doug Dickey left. The program has been on the decline ever since. It needs a leader.

We need to away from this 'a candidate has to have TN ties'. AL tried that for several yrs with hires that had to have ties to Bear with terrible results until they got smart and decided to go get the best guy available. This TN tie in stuff may work with an AD but not a HC.

Not doubting you but can you show everyone what Blackburn did at UTC to get fired? I have not heard or seen anything from the ncaa in the papers ever or what . Just want to know!

Reactions: T_Vol376

VN Store

Back