Marcus Tatum has entered the transfer portal

Looks like Pruitt really wants to get to 25 in this class. If my math is correct, 4 more will need to move along? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
What the heck are you talking about? They can sign 25. It has nothing to do with anyone leaving. They are already way under the total (after grads) even if they sign a full class.

Back on topic. Tatum worked his ass off and put on like 70 pounds since getting here. Sadly, he didn’t get rewarded for it.

What the heck are you talking about? They can sign 25. It has nothing to do with anyone leaving. They are already way under the total (after grads) even if they sign a full class.

Back on topic. Tatum worked his ass off and put on like 70 pounds since getting here. Sadly, he didn’t get rewarded for it.
They needed to lose about 7 total to stay under the 85 limit if they were to sign a full class of 25.

No but he is a much better OT than he was three years ago. He has a good frame too. He can still get a lot better somewhere else with a lot more snaps on game day.

Wonder if he is just putting feelers out. The kid is going to still be in the two deep next year and get reps. Can’t say I blame the kid.

Does this mean he can’t play in the bowl game?

This is what I was thinking. "What's the reason multiple offensive lineman would be wanting to transfer"? Perhaps they know Trey is coming back, and that, along with Kennedy staying, has made them decide to look elsewhere.

He is behind two younger players at RT. The kid wants to see the field with only 1 year of eligibility left. I don't think it has anything to do with Trey staying or not.

KB, I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t use facts to refute my posts. It’s embarassing.
In fairness to you though Fade, he arrived on campus at 6’7-6’8, 245 or so....gradually put some weight on over a couple years and got to about 285 or so for last season. It’s only this year, this past off season that he finally got up to 300+. So you’re pretty much right for the majority of his time here. He was too light and, according to Doug Mathews, just still not strong enough even after adding the weight.

giphy.gif

Maybe he wants to be a big fish in a smaller pond, but Tatum in the portal does not seem right to me. He earned a lot of PT this year, and next season promises to be a thriller. Was he slipping on the chart?

VN Store

Back