Malone to the NFL

I love Malone and wish him nothing but the best but cmon guys... he is not a 4.3 flat 40 guy. I think his best 40 time is a 4.43.

I know it's not much difference but it really is. 4.3 flat or lower is on a whole other level.

Yeah I agree. I saw this and thought its prob not going to happen. I would say 4.4 -4.5 at best. But seeing him sub 4.4 is hard to believe.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think he's quite where he needs to be to end up drafted in the first 3 rounds. But I don't see him gaining anything by coming back to play in a system that would use him more as a blocker than put his abilities on display. I also think he knows that the current staff won't make slight changes to the scheme to highlight his abilities, even though it would help them team. So I don't blame him as he can't develop any more in this system and the coaches haven't exactly done anything to make him better.

I have to think the main factor was watching so many of his teammates go down with injury.

I made a thread about people's thoughts on him leaving and whether he should or not and my vote is no. According to Walterfootball.com he's the #29 WR in this draft (Just ONE draft)! The only reason I see him leaving is due to QB concerns. He's projected to go in the 5-7 range, which means he may not even get drafted and if he does he won't get much money at all.

Totally disagree. He's ready now. Not much to gain by coming back playing with a first year starter throwing to him.

This.

Malone will also blow up at the combine because his measurables are going to be off the charts.

In hindsight, I think people will get more disappointed about this season as time goes on.

Barnett, Kamara, and Malone are flat out special.

And while he was hit or miss at times as a passer, Dobbs was one of the most dangerous athletes in all of college football.

Reactions: 6 people
Very smart. Weak receiver class and scouts will love him imo.

Well if this is a weak receivers class then Malone is in trouble because walterfootball.com has him as the number 29 receiver in the nation this year.

They also have Kamara at #4 behind Fournette, Cook & McCaffrey.

Kamara's stock among scouts is higher than clowns like Mel Kiper and Todd McShay. He's a lock to go in the 2nd round. I think he sneaks into the end of the first round and goes to a team like New England that makes suprise picks in the first round every year.

Sutton and Dobbs will boost their stock at the senior bowl. I'm confident Sutton goes the first round. He's far and away the best CB in college football. At least one team will see that and take him in the mid to late first round.

Dobbs is the wildcard. I think he'll test well at the combine. And he'll perform well at the senior bowl. We all know how smart he is and what great character he has. Some team will fall in love with him. And I think the emergence of Dak Prescott will help him. Teams will be looking for the next Dak and Dobbs will be the top candidate.

Malone is right now a 3rd-4th round prospect. Once he runs a 4.3 in the combine he'll soar up the draft boards. I think he does late 2nd round.

Wow.

I love Malone and wish him nothing but the best but cmon guys... he is not a 4.3 flat 40 guy. I think his best 40 time is a 4.43.

I know it's not much difference but it really is. 4.3 flat or lower is on a whole other level.

He's legit sub 4.4

4.3 and under, nah probably not.

Only 2 WRs ran sub 4.4 at the combine last year. I dont think Malone will either. Thats faster than Amari Cooper and CP.

Well if this is a weak receivers class then Malone is in trouble because walterfootball.com has him as the number 29 receiver in the nation this year.

They also have Kamara at #4 behind Fournette, Cook & McCaffrey.

Had Kamara been a fulltime starter i think he would have been #2.

But Cook and McAfferey will all have success. Modern day backs.
Kamara has a little bit more wiggle.

Kamara's stock among scouts is higher than clowns like Mel Kiper and Todd McShay. He's a lock to go in the 2nd round. I think he sneaks into the end of the first round and goes to a team like New England that makes suprise picks in the first round every year.

Sutton and Dobbs will boost their stock at the senior bowl. I'm confident Sutton goes the first round. He's far and away the best CB in college football. At least one team will see that and take him in the mid to late first round.

Dobbs is the wildcard. I think he'll test well at the combine. And he'll perform well at the senior bowl. We all know how smart he is and what great character he has. Some team will fall in love with him. And I think the emergence of Dak Prescott will help him. Teams will be looking for the next Dak and Dobbs will be the top candidate.

Malone is right now a 3rd-4th round prospect. Once he runs a 4.3 in the combine he'll soar up the draft boards. I think he does late 2nd round.

The Patriots aren't dumb enough to draft a RB in the 1st and they have much bigger needs.

Cons; Guy has stadily improved each season. One more might make him truly elite. Especially if our 2017 offense becomes more pass balanced. Could leave $$$ on table.

Pros; Go on take the money and run. Seems to be getting plenty of draft love and should have great combine measurables. Lots of money can be fleeting, so take it when you can.

... I want him back, but if the 2-3 rnd talk is legit, he should probably take it.

This.

Malone will also blow up at the combine because his measurables are going to be off the charts.

In hindsight, I think people will get more disappointed about this season as time goes on.

Barnett, Kamara, and Malone are flat out special.

And while he was hit or miss at times as a passer, Dobbs was one of the most dangerous athletes in all of college football.

Yep, what could've and should've been.

Reactions: 2 people
Had Kamara been a fulltime starter i think he would have been #2.

But Cook and McAfferey will all have success. Modern day backs.
Kamara has a little bit more wiggle

The scouts that graded him took that into consideration when projecting him as the #4 HB this class.

VN Store

Back