Malone to the NFL

Per several sources on twitter.

Awful decision IMO.

I'm going to assume Marquez North's agent got ahold of him......

Josh has done enough to get drafted. He could have gone higher with another year, but it is his choice. Just hope he has the gumption to get his degree.

Dobbs
Kamara
Malone
Sutton
Barnett

All 5 will be drafted in the first 2 rounds of the NFL Draft.

Should help us alot in recruiting the 2018 class.

IMO, only one of those goes in the 1st two rounds, outside chance of two going. Barnett easy 1st rd pick, a lock. Outside shot of Kamara making rd 2 IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs
Kamara
Malone
Sutton
Barnett

I'll happily remind you of how far off you were with yet another prediction here in a few months. Not. Even. Close.

Good for him. We should have about 5 Vols drafted. Been a while to have that many

I think we get 7 guys drafted.

Dobbs - 2nd to 3rd round
Kamara - 1st to 2nd round
Malone - 2nd to 3rd round
Barnett - 1st round
Sutton - 1st to 2nd round
Reeves-Maybin - 4th to 7th round
Weisman - 7th round

I like Weisman more than most on the next level. He's been our best OL the last 2 years and I think he can be a starting guard in the NFL. Someone will get lucky if they take him in the late rounds.

Dobbs
Kamara
Malone
Sutton
Barnett

Dobbs won't be drafted before the 5th round. He's a great college QB but his game doesn't translate to the NFL.

Sutton is a great CB and we all know it but with his injury and such a deep draft at his position I see him going in 3rd-4th as a steal to the lucky team that pulls the trigger.

IMO, only one of those goes in the 1st two rounds, outside chance of two going. Barnett easy 1st rd pick, a lock. Outside shot of Kamara making rd 2 IMO.

Kamara's stock among scouts is higher than clowns like Mel Kiper and Todd McShay. He's a lock to go in the 2nd round. I think he sneaks into the end of the first round and goes to a team like New England that makes suprise picks in the first round every year.

Sutton and Dobbs will boost their stock at the senior bowl. I'm confident Sutton goes the first round. He's far and away the best CB in college football. At least one team will see that and take him in the mid to late first round.

Dobbs is the wildcard. I think he'll test well at the combine. And he'll perform well at the senior bowl. We all know how smart he is and what great character he has. Some team will fall in love with him. And I think the emergence of Dak Prescott will help him. Teams will be looking for the next Dak and Dobbs will be the top candidate.

Malone is right now a 3rd-4th round prospect. Once he runs a 4.3 in the combine he'll soar up the draft boards. I think he does late 2nd round.

I think we get 7 guys drafted.

Dobbs - 2nd to 3rd round
Kamara - 1st to 2nd round
Malone - 2nd to 3rd round
Barnett - 1st round
Sutton - 1st to 2nd round
Reeves-Maybin - 4th to 7th round
Weisman - 7th round

I like Weisman more than most on the next level. He's been our best OL the last 2 years and I think he can be a starting guard in the NFL. Someone will get lucky if they take him in the late rounds.

I forgot about Weisman but I could see him drafted I'm the 5th-7th range because he can play C/G. He would be a good power center in the NFL.

Let's celebrate this. Hopefully my NO Saints will draft him in the 3-4 Rd or so. Next man up!

3 tops.

No way Dobbs or Malone go that high.

Malone is a freak athlete. There's a reason he was a 5 star recruit. He tested well at camps. I think he'll blow up at the combine. He's 6'3" 200 lbs and has 4.3 speed. That sort of combo plus good production gets you drafted high.

There will not be many receivers in this class that will run faster than him. Only guy I can think of that will run faster is John Ross. And that guy is a midget. No one close to Malone's height will run faster at the combine.

Malone is a freak athlete. There's a reason he was a 5 star recruit. He tested well at camps. I think he'll blow up at the combine. He's 6'3" 200 lbs and has 4.3 speed. That sort of combo plus good production gets you drafted high.

There will not be many receivers in this class that will run faster than him. Only guy I can think of that will run faster is John Ross. And that guy is a midget. No one close to Malone's height will run faster at the combine.

I disagree with you, but actually hope you're right. I'd love for Vols to dominate the draft.

Dobbs won't be drafted before the 5th round. He's a great college QB but his game doesn't translate to the NFL.

Sutton is a great CB and we all know it but with his injury and such a deep draft at his position I see him going in 3rd-4th as a steal to the lucky team that pulls the trigger.

Sutton will be a first rounder. And if that doesn't happen then NFL front offices are filled with morons.

Dobbs will benefit from a weak QB class and the fact he embodies everything you want from a QB off the field. Plus its not like he's some guy without physical gifts. He's got good size, a good arm, and great athleticism. Someone will fall in love with him and take him alot higher than anyone thinks. It happens every year. One team falls in love with a QB and takes him alot higher than anyone thinks. See EJ Manuel in 2013 and Cody Kessler last year. Manuel was projected as a 3rd round prospect but in a weak QB draft Buffalo fell in love with him and took him in the 1st round. And last year most teams had Cody Kessler as a 7th round prospect because of his lack of measurables and arm strength. But the Cleveland Browns and their front office were heavy on analytics and picked Kessler way higher than everyone else because he had great numbers in college.

With a new starter at QB this is a good decision. Who knows what his chemistry would be with another QB and with bad chemistry that could even hurt his stock. He will get drafted well enough to make good money and I think he can have a very high ceiling. So good luck to him, on to the next era!!

Glad for him. This was his best year IMO. He showed that he was a deep threat several times this year.
He did well for UT

Thank you Mr Malone

I love Malone and wish him nothing but the best but cmon guys... he is not a 4.3 flat 40 guy. I think his best 40 time is a 4.43.

I know it's not much difference but it really is. 4.3 flat or lower is on a whole other level.

There has been no talks of such a move, and to be honest to suggest as much as a console video game feel to it. He's been a WR for 2 years now. It would be a disservice to him by continuing to move him around and not allow him to thrive at one position.

Yeah there has. It's not like I'm making this upage on my own. I personally would rather him stay at wide receiver but people have talked about a move.

Per several sources on twitter.

Awful decision IMO.

I'm going to assume Marquez North's agent got ahold of him......

No way, good for him! Fans need to not be selfish and hope he is drafted high...does nothing but help recruiting and let's some vfls live out dreams!

VN Store

Back