Mac McClung

I don't think that the threads in the UTBBF get migrated to the Around the NCAA forum after they don't sign with UT. Doubt that it happens with TN football recruits either.

Yeah, I would have never seen this in "Around the NCAA" and in here, I did. Even tho, I wouldn't lose any sleep if I missed it, I'm still kinda interested and glad I saw it. bTo, it's not always about u. Sometimes, even if u don't care, other people do.

Kid is shooting 43% from 3 with a high volume of shots vs major D-1 competition. Hindsight being 20/20 he'd have been a definite take and would probably be playing big minutes for us, especially since Barnes offense is pretty good at getting open 3 pointers. A lot of the arguments against him were the same ones used against Lofton when discussing why Louisville and UK didn't offer him. We've had enough misses the last couple of years recruiting to easily think he'd be better than a few people we've signed in that time frame.
Dont see how anyone could argue with this. Not sure why some posters really seem to dislike Mac? Maybe the just want to convince themselves we didnt screw up by not going after him.

Dont see how anyone could argue with this. Not sure why some posters really seem to dislike Mac? Maybe the just want to convince themselves we didnt screw up by not going after him.
Bingo!!
somebody compared to Lofton, but the kid is way more athletic. Actually reminds me a lot of Lamonte. He would have been a major difference maker to last year’s team. It’s not like Georgetown is a slouch. That’s a great b-ball school. Three star because he was white and from bum****.

But, “culture.” He wouldn’t have been a fit like Kwe Parker, Kent, Walkers or Burns

Or Jalen. Or.......

Last edited:
I just can’t see McClung being the lead man on a championship contending team. If he’s our 7th man, off the bench, this could be great for us.

Disagree. I think if we have a spot, we need to go after him. He was on a team that was at best a complete disaster. Teammates he had left and things went on inside that locker room that was beyond what most should have to go through but he stuck it out and played his butt off. Those talking about his assist to to ratio need to think about losing 3 of 4 starters on that team after the season started. If that happened to a PG on this Vol team what do you think the assist to TO ratio would have been? Take 3 starters off the floor like Pons, Fulky, and Bowden and see what the point ends up with.

Reactions: k-town_king
Not sure if it's been clarified in this thread but McClung and Riff-Raff are not cousins. Riff-raff just happened to tweet something to that once and they ran with it but Mcclung has since made it clear back in 2018 that was not true. I did notice a lot of opinions of his character seemed to be based on that belief. Even if it was true, not sure how his cousin being someone should reflect on his values and outlook in life. just figured it should be clarified if it hadn't been already.

I just don't see the fit. We need a center rather than a combo guard. We currently have four combo guards in SV, JS, JJJ, and VB. Only way I could see it happen is if one of these guys plan on leaving or Barnes wants to use JJJ at the four some.

Reactions: VolGee4
He would have sit out for those wondering. Mac can play defense and fit the up pace style we are about to play . Absolute take .
He mentioned he is going to file an appeal. Reading through his statements the culture wasn't good at all at Georgetown. I'm guessing there is a lot more, but what the public knows is Akinjo left in the middle of the season and they had 2-3 accused of sexual assault.

VN Store

Back