Lyn-J Dixon off the team? [Confirmed]

Had players in front of him performing better...including two freshmen. I like THIS Tennessee.
We are still a good 4 deep I think…though was excited about his prospects. Both of the frosh will get plenty of chances now.

Won't be surprised if we don't hit the portal again. There are still players out there.
I’d think it’s too late? Maybe not but not a “one and done” guy…at this point you’d take someone with 2-3 years left that you think can help with depth maybe later in the season?

Reactions: dduncan4163
Seems like this is the first removal we’ve heard about with this staff, I imagine it’s a fine line especially if you’re a new transfer

Won't be surprised if we don't hit the portal again. There are still players out there.
Dixon was a grad transfer. Don’t traditional portal guys have to declare by a certain date to be eligiblei THIS season?

Might have to use a walk on for scout team.

Well, here is the RB room per UT site... a bit thin..... last two are walkons???
2 Jabari Small Jr .RB
5' 11"213
2L Memphis, Tenn.Briarcrest Christian

20 Jaylen WrightSo.RB
5' 11"200
1L Durham, N.C.Southern

24 Dylan Sampson Fr. RB
5' 11"190
HS Baton Rouge, La. Dutchtown

26 Justin Williams-Thomas Fr. RB
6' 0" 210
HS Dallas, Ga. East Paulding

35 Patrick Wilk R-Fr. RB
5' 11" 200
1L Nashville, Tenn.Montgomery Bell Academy

42 Hunter Barnes Fr. RB
6' 0" 190
HS Memphis, Tenn. Memphis School

Could we move a thumper from another position, LB or TE maybe?

Clemson also found Lyn-J to be a liability. Maybe he has enough gas in his car and contacts to take a shot at a lower level club somewhere. It probably is that some days he wants to play and other days he really does not want to be hit. He was worth a look and good luck to him if he finds another program willing to give him a uniform. Would Tusculum possibly be interested?

No one needs to be giving any love to a player who never ran through the T.

Last edited:
Confident Dylan Sampson is going to be big time. Too much buzz on that kid coming from those in the know.
Speed alone doesn’t guarantee great football, but he’s one of the fastest kids we’ve ever signed.

Last edited:
Basically going into season with 4 running backs and one (Wright) has a injury and not fully recovered. Two of them are on smallish side (Smart and Sampson). This is not a good situation in this league. Hate Beckwith left. Oh well it is what it is.

VN Store

Back