Lyn-J Dixon off the team? [Confirmed]

He has crap for guidance. That's been his problem all through college.

Feel sorry for the kid
I don’t necessarily disagree but how many chances do you need before you figure it out? This kid had a great shot here. Really Small was his primary competition to major PT with our RB room, everyone else had a history of injuries or were freshmen.

Reactions: Woke and SAPPER 5
Three teams in as many years... and currently teamless... I'm guessing his chances at being a 5th round draft pick are slimming rapidly
I never want to see a young man not make it, but he seems to not be a cultural fit. This is the 3rd team he was not a fit. Dylan a better fit. Don’t want to sound callous but running backs are expendable. How many teams has he seen in 3 years? Need to keep edges, WRs & lock down CBs healthy. Don’t know why but we don’t need a malcontent on the team.

I never want to see a young man not make it, but he seems to not be a cultural fit. This is the 3rd team he was not a fit. Dylan a better fit. Don’t want to sound callous but running backs are expendable. How many teams has he seen in 3 years? Need to keep edges, WRs & lock down CBs healthy. Don’t know why but we don’t need a malcontent on the team.
That came out wrong, RBs not expendable, no player is. Stupid statement. My bad.

Lots of possibilities here. Maybe he just decided he didn't have the heart any more. Maybe whatever problems kept him from settling in elsewhere followed him to UT. Always sad when someone squanders that much ability.

Would love to see what Holliday could do as a RB. I always thought that was a better fit for his skill set anyway.

Sad to see, but in the end probably far better for UT moving forward to let him go now. The longer a bad apple stays in the basket, the more good apples it ruins.

As for Lyn-J, he has a lot to prove before any NFL team will take a chance on him now. Best bet might be FCS at this point.

Go Vols.

Not sure something had to happen. Why can't others just be better/performing better and he realized he wouldn't get the playing time he wanted. Could be that simple. Maybe not, but could be.....

*Edit* Maybe there is something more...twitterverse is talking about some on the field incident.

Last edited:
What does that mean? I would think he had the same 'guidance' as the hundreds of other players on his teams.
It means he probably has someone in his ear who’s telling him “If you ain’t first you‘re last”, and he’s buying into it. It’s a shame that this didn’t work out for all parties.

I have zero insight into this but if he was a locker room disruption then this was the right decision. The mental makeup of the team is more important than one player no matter who they are. Coach Heup has done an amazing job getting these kids to buy in and be on the same page. That by itself translates into more wins.

Lots of possibilities here. Maybe he just decided he didn't have the heart any more. Maybe whatever problems kept him from settling in elsewhere followed him to UT. Always sad when someone squanders that much ability.

Would love to see what Holliday could do as a RB. I always thought that was a better fit for his skill set anyway.
Holiday may be someone that gets moved. We are still one guy down. 4 is marginal.

VN Store

Back