LV Volleyball

Got spanked by Purdue 3-0. They completely shut Lily down. The team hit % was just above .200. We got dominated.

That was a really good win to open SEC play. What makes it even better is that we won in spite of a ton of Service Errors, a hitting percent that I'll bet is well under .250, and almost no offensive output from both Morgahn and Lily. They really set out to shut down Lily and Morgahn forgot her shot and left it in the locker room. On the other hand, Morgahn played her tail off on defense.

The good news is that Ava Bell and Natalie Hayward had a block and kill party all on their own! Natalie at the end f the match was close to a triple-double in digs, sets, and kills. I wish the game stats were up but they take a while. Maybe tomorrow.

The really good news is that we won with 2/3 of our scoring not having much success. Let's see how we do tomorrow. It would be great to get off to a 2 - 0 start in SEC play.

We were fairly authoritative today in this win. Many times you see teams fairly evenly matched split a weekend series like this. Credit the coaching staff and team for coming out prepared from the get-go to claim an important sweep.

Balance. That was the key today and what we have lacked in prior seasons. We had 5 players with 8 or more kills each. Our defense was highly effective from the standpoints of blocking and forcing them into attacking errors trying to beat our blocks. A complete game and AVA Bell is becoming a beast in the middle. She is fairly oozing confidence and you can see it more each match. That is a very good thing. :)

Arkansas is not a great team but they aren't a bad team either. In preseason they were picked 5th right behind...us. They didn't look like the 5th best team in the SEC and we don't look to be 4th best either. I think we are in the top 3 for sure and maybe the top 2.

Great start to our SEC season, this is looking like it's going to be a fun ride. :)

Nat_Danielle_VB_POTW.jpg

Well...we won. I almost dozed off during the match. Auburn is not even a decent volleyball team.

The one takeaway from this match is the question: How did we get two Auburn homers on the broadcast in our house? They were just short of pitiful.

Roll on Lady Vols!!!

Well...we won. I almost dozed off during the match. Auburn is not even a decent volleyball team.

The one takeaway from this match is the question: How did we get two Auburn homers on the broadcast in our house? They were just short of pitiful.

Roll on Lady Vols!!!

Agreed on the announcers! They surely drove up from Opelika for the evening! They were certainly trying to make a golden calf out of Auburn. Ugh!

Las Vols are looking sharp today. A&M has a pretty tough squad and our girls are laying it on em’ so far. Off to a great start this season!

Playing together really well and several players have made great physical and athletic improvements. Mahaffey and Runnels are so much more effective. Bell is super smart in the middle and is very aggressive offensively.

That was a WHOLE lot easier than I thought it would be. We are playing a really cohesive brand of Volleyball and taking it to our opponents early and often. I'm trying not to think that we are better than I thought we were. The girls are about to change my mind.

Now, on to tomorrow and complete the sweep of A&M, a team I love to hate!

That was a WHOLE lot easier than I thought it would be. We are playing a really cohesive brand of Volleyball and taking it to our opponents early and often. I'm trying not to think that we are better than I thought we were. The girls are about to change my mind.

Now, on to tomorrow and complete the sweep of A&M, a team I love to hate!

Reactions: Rickster
Lady Vols lose a very close match 3 to 2, hopefully Ava Bell isn't injured too bad. Way too many service errors again.

Reactions: StrangeVol
A&M neutralized Runnels with blockers. She couldn’t get anything all day. Fingall wasn’t too effective either. Serving was a disaster (although Bryant was fairly precise on her placements). Commend A&M on its adjustments overnight.

Reactions: StrangeVol
Honestly, without taking anything from A&M, I thought we looked tired today. Having played Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday the spring from our legs just wasn't there especially later in the match. Then losing Ava pretty much did us in. I hate to lose, especially to A&M but stuff happens sometimes.

Time to regroup and carry on! We're still a very good team with a lot of opportunities in front of us.

VN Store

Back